[Discontinued][ROM][05/10/12] meXdroidMod Fried IceCream3! FINAL

Search This thread

313dash

Oct 7, 2009
Detroit, MI
MJ I wanted to know will you consider making a Mexdroid theme for CM9 since this is your last Rom? I hope so because I'm getting the Galaxy Note when it hits TMO and would love to have Mexdroid eyecandy on it.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

Hai_Duong

Feb 20, 2011
Göppingen
Great ROM Great Performance :D I have sometimes Wifi Problems it just wont connect... after Off/on it works again. Is there a fix or some kernel Problems ?

mjybarr

Jul 18, 2010
www.mexdroidmod.com
Can i update via phone?

Yes, download rom and gapps, save to sdcard, boot into recovery, wipe all, and flash away :)

MJ I wanted to know will you consider making a Mexdroid theme for CM9 since this is your last Rom? I hope so because I'm getting the Galaxy Note when it hits TMO and would love to have Mexdroid eyecandy on it.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA
I will not be making a theme for CM9. The "Final" version is my final meXdroidMod rom for the G2. Sorry bro...

Great ROM Great Performance :D I have sometimes Wifi Problems it just wont connect... after Off/on it works again. Is there a fix or some kernel Problems ?
Wifi connects perfectly fine for me. Did you do a full wipe before installing? Also try turning off and on your router to re-establish a better connection.

meXdroidMod Fried IceCream 3 Final

Feb 10, 2011
wow purely amazing, I am moving over from the virtuoso rom and I have to say I love the smoothness of this rom. Not mean to down the virtuoso team.

But this rom definitely is 100% the rom I will be using. Awesome Work.

Reactions: mjybarr

Pilaf

May 27, 2008
i can't mms.. just receveid?? how cani fix it please?

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

sorry i've found.. just reinstal the apn...:eek:
thanks a lot for this rom!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Marvelous0ne

Jun 4, 2009
I am loving this rom. runs smooth! But I do have a question. I notice some of the apps don't show up. While they show them on the online app store. Is there a way to change the version of the market it comes with?

michael9413

Aug 23, 2010
Subang Jaya
just wanna ask y you all say the pics looks blurry...
my nature of works require me to take pics almost everyday... on machines and parts... the reason i divert back to miXdroidMod Miui is the camera problem that ICS has...

Pls advice...
Thank you in advance... :)

vinokirk

Mar 30, 2008
England
I have just installed this ROM and found one problem.
On the Play Store, some of the text is black. This doesn't sound a problem in itself, but put it with the black background and you can't see it!

EDIT: A reboot seems to have fixed it. The background is white again.

Every app I install is creating a shortcut on the homescreen. Any way to stop this?

Last edited:

mjybarr

Jul 18, 2010
www.mexdroidmod.com
I have just installed this ROM and found one problem.
On the Play Store, some of the text is black. This doesn't sound a problem in itself, but put it with the black background and you can't see it!

EDIT: A reboot seems to have fixed it. The background is white again.

Every app I install is creating a shortcut on the homescreen. Any way to stop this?

Go to play store and in settings uncheck shortcut.

Reactions: vinokirk

vinokirk

Mar 30, 2008
England
I'm searching for Facebook on the market but it's not appearing.

I've installed gapps 3 times now but Gmail is not showing. Gmail is also not showing up on the market

Any ideas?

Last edited:

mjybarr

Jul 18, 2010
www.mexdroidmod.com
I'm searching for Facebook on the market but it's not appearing.

I've installed gapps 3 times now but Gmail is not showing. Gmail is also not showing up on the market

Any ideas?

Double check that you are installing the right gapps. Gmail, facebook, etc...is all there for me. Also make sure you do a full wipe before installing rom and gapps. You should have no problem.

vinokirk

Mar 30, 2008
England
Double check that you are installing the right gapps. Gmail, facebook, etc...is all there for me. Also make sure you do a full wipe before installing rom and gapps. You should have no problem.

I managed to get facebook and gmail by downloading an apk from my PC. Any idea why certain things arent showing in the market?

I definately did a factory reset from within clockworkmod before installing.
I installed the gappsFINAL.zip from your website. I had a look thru the zip but couldnt fine the Facebook or Gmail apks inside it.
Under system/app there is only:

Attachments

• gapps.jpg
    gapps.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 311

mjybarr

Jul 18, 2010
www.mexdroidmod.com
Oh yes....gmail, facebook, maps, streetview, all need to be downloaded from the market. For some reason, I thought you meant that you couldn't download/or view it on your device. But all is good now?

vinokirk

Mar 30, 2008
England
Well i installed Facebook and Gmail from an APK i downloaded off the internet. I also cleared the Google Play cache+data. Now I can see Gmail and Facebook in the market, but I dont know whether this is because ive got them installed or because I cleared cache!
I cannot find Latitude on the market. Is that a thing on the market, im not sure.

mjybarr

Jul 18, 2010
www.mexdroidmod.com
Well i installed Facebook and Gmail from an APK i downloaded off the internet. I also cleared the Google Play cache+data. Now I can see Gmail and Facebook in the market, but I dont know whether this is because ive got them installed or because I cleared cache!
I cannot find Latitude on the market. Is that a thing on the market, im not sure.

I believe latitude is a part of maps

Last edited:

vinokirk

Mar 30, 2008
England
Also make sure you do a full wipe before installing rom and gapps.

Im having a few more problems now. It rebooted itself 5 times yesterday. When I go into setting, all the text is really garbled; ive never seen anything like it before!
For example, I go into Setting>Sound and where there should be 'Volumes' there is '?...f@)'. Where there is 'Volume Panel' there is '....?:#d'.
Weird.
So anyway, I think I need to flash it again. When you say 'do a full wipe', what exactly do you mean? Before I flashed this ROM I used the 'wipe data/factory partition' option in Clockworkmod.
Is there anything else I should be doing?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    meXTshirt2-1.png

meXdroidModTeam.png

*mjybarr [dev]
    *144saint [themer]
    * TheNewGuy[dev]
    * noob15 [dev for miXdroidMod MIUI]

We have been working on our own website and now its ready to launch! So go check out www.mexdroidmod.com
    Its not required to register, but it would be awesome if you did haha. So check it out. This is where you will find the team hanging out most of the time. Also search for mexdroidmod on tapatalk! Hope to see you there!

meXdroidMod now can be found on mexdroidmod.com, here(xda), ROM MANAGER androiddoes.net theunlockr.com and now on Android Community.com! So many choices :)

What do the users have to say about meXdroidMod?

By GhostZini: "Absolutely loving new v3! I just benchmarked for the first time with new version and i got 2450!! Thats only oc'ed at 1.1. Wow"

By jivany: "This rom has so much awesome sauce i ported it to my mytouch4g via rom kitchen.!!!!"

By Richard1510: "This is CRAZY! I have had this rom on my phone for 3 days now. I still can't put my phone down. This rom is absolutely AWESOME."

Credits.png

PHP:
    CyanogenMod Team
    waydownsouth aka WDS (kernel/rom help)
    tkirton (apps2sd)
    spiicytuna, mrdaviso, and amazinglarry(Bootsound and Scripts)
    Bignadad (Ported some of his hot pink theme)
    Suhel28(Font Script) 
    Lithid(apk-remover.txt)
    Neffstarr (wallpapers)
    firerat
    rob43  
    alankila (Antti S. Lankila)
    aleho (Alexander Hofbauer)
    atinm
    attn1
    Andromadus
    behnaam (Behnam Fakhimi)
    bekriebel (Brint E. Kriebel)
    blunden
    BuzzBumbleBee
    ChainsDD (Adam Shanks)
    charansingh (Charan Singh)
    cm-gerrit
    codeworkx (Daniel Hillenbrand)
    coolya (Kolja Dummann)
    crzyruski
    ctso (Chris Soyars)
    cvpcs (Austen)
    cyanogen (Steve Kondik)
    darchstar (Ameer Ghouse)
    defer (Diogo Ferreira)
    dudyk (David Kohen)
    eddieringle (Eddie Ringle)
    Eug89
    EyadAboulouz (Eyad Aboulouz)
    HCDRJacob (Jacob Crawley)
    jeagoss (Jef Oliver)
    jhansche (Joe)
    jonasl (Jonas Larsson)
    jt1134
    Kali- (Giulio Cervera)
    KalimochoAz (KalimochoAz)
    kernelzilla (Patrick Jacques)
    KhasMek (Khas'Mek)
    kmobs (Keyan Mobli)
    koush (Koushik Dutta)
    loxK (Lox)
    mtwebster (Michael Webster)
    NCommander
    optedoblivion (Martin Brabham)
    prash (Prash D.)
    PsychoI3oy (Evan)
    raedur (Ryan Craig)
    rmcc (Ricardo Cerqueira)
    scepterr (Max Krivonos)
    sebyx31 (Sébastien Vaucher)
    Shinzul (Shinzul)
    Sven-Dawitz (Sven Dawitz)
    takuo (Takuo Kitame)
    thiasB (Matthias Büchner)
    toastcfh (toastcfh)
    Untouchab1e (Edvard)
    wesgarner (Wes Garner)
    Wysie (Soh Yuan Chin)
    zinx (Christopher Lais)
    Google 
    Sun Java 
    HTC 
    Linux/Unix 
    All human beings 
    And TO EVERYONE ELSE THAT HAS MADE THIS HAPPEN (Your Dev Name Goes Here)

Instructions.png

First I open up file manager and delete the Android and Lost.dir folder, then I proceed with the steps below:

1. Put rom and gapps on SDCARD
    2. BACK UP CURRENT ROM (Just in case)
    3. Do a full wipe (Highly Recommended)
    4. Flash Rom
    5. Flash gapps
    6. Reboot
    7. Enjoy

The meXdroidMod Team is very stoked to bring you all meXdroidMod Fried IceCream!!

Changelog.png

Go to mexdroidmod.com for more info.

Download.png

Download meXdroidMod Fried IceCream!: http://www.mexdroidmod.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=93

We don't except donations. We do what we do for fun! All we ask for is that if you like this rom.... Please rate this rom and hit the "Thanks" tab! Simple..??? I think so :)
    Hi all,

thought I had better make an appearance seeing as how TheNewGuy is talking me up! Bit over the top, but, it's all good... :eek:

Hot tip:
    screen off profiles in setCPU are not required with this ROM... in fact they're not recommended!
    Here's why:
    There is a tiny shell script running as a system service that takes care of this for you...
    I was never happy with the lag whilst using setCPU screen off profiles, due to the fact that it runs as an app on top of Android... there can be quite a bit of delay in Android reporting that the screen is on & that screen on event actually making it through to setCPU... particularly when you've got an incoming call.
    I stumbled upon something pretty cool in the underlying Linux file system (c/o Ziggy & collins_ph) that makes use of 'blocking' files wrt the current screen state & wrote a very simple script to exploit that.
    This will work completely independant of whatever governor (excluding smartass) whatever frequency range you choose & any other setCPU profiles you may use...
    I'll package it up into an flashable zip sometime soon, so that everyone can benefit... this was just a preview for the meXdroidMod crowd.

as for tweaKr... I'll follow up in another post.

HTH

wds
    The ADW theme you see in the pics is the "AndroidPhone7" theme.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
    Glad you all are loving it. We put in a lot of time into this rom.

Sent from SparksMod HotSauce V 0.1
    I don't like getting involved but I kind of feel I may be a voice of reason to diffuse what could turn ugly.

MJ was part of a team that produced two successful G2/DZ ROMs. He was also the one that managed this thread. While the team may not be producing ROMs together, he felt he wanted to continue doing some more work. I feel it is up to him how the thread should be managed, and truthfully, a mis-managed thread tends to die out. If that happens, it happens.

While I get blk's point, it isn't like this is a new thread by someone who has just started doing this work. Maybe he wanted to give people a taste of what ICS Mexdroid could be, or wanted feedback on his choices. Point being, this isn't some new person creating an entirely new thread of "HEY, LOOK AT MY NEW ROM". He is an established person of this community who does some work that people really like. Maybe he will implement some of the old Mexdroid changes that made us enjoy the older ROMs he helped develop.

Blk has been constructive, though maybe the way things were said could have been taken incorrectly. He even went as far producing a flashable zip of changes for others to use, which is more than 99.9% of this board would probably do (myself included).

Too long, didn't read summary: Don't blast on blk, lets see where MJ takes this. It's his thread, let it runs its course. Maybe something great could come of this.