GPS Lock issues?

Search This thread

viper786

May 22, 2009
Canton, MI
Anyone else have in issue on stock kitkat where GPS randomly loses its lock? I had an S4 before I got this phone and I could have it in my lap while driving and it be perfectly fine, but with the Note 3, if I have the phone in my lap while driving, it'll lose GPS lock after a while and i have to hold the phone up to get a GPS lock again.

Anyone else have this issue?

Reactions: claud_face
Anyone else have in issue on stock kitkat where GPS randomly loses its lock? I had an S4 before I got this phone and I could have it in my lap while driving and it be perfectly fine, but with the Note 3, if I have the phone in my lap while driving, it'll lose GPS lock after a while and i have to hold the phone up to get a GPS lock again.

I've had multiple Note 3's through various carriers and my wife has one as well. None of the Note 3 models have ever had "the strongest" gps. The S3 I had and the Note 2 I had in the past had far better GPS accuracy.

I'm not letting it worry me, I intend to "jump" for the Note 4 when it comes out.

viper786

May 22, 2009
Canton, MI
I've had multiple Note 3's through various carriers and my wife has one as well. None of the Note 3 models have ever had "the strongest" gps. The S3 I had and the Note 2 I had in the past had far better GPS accuracy.

I'm not letting it worry me, I intend to "jump" for the Note 4 when it comes out.

My S4 had awesome GPS locks. I could be in the middle of my house and get an accurate lock. My Note 3 can barely hold a lock unless i'm holding it up against my window or windshield. Looks like it's time to invest in a dashboard mount.

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397092118354.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397092118354.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 131

casadomack

Oct 25, 2013
São Paulo
Same problem here. When I use the GPS TEST it works. When I try using Waze or Google Maps, nothing. What's funny, if there's some fun in this, is that waze works ok in background when GPS TEST is open. At least I get voice directions. When I try oppening both in multi-window, Waze stops again... I've tried everything, from stock to every rom I found, but nothing makes the GPS works with Waze and GM. No GPS "fixer" does any better here.

og.blaah

Jul 1, 2012
I had TERRIBLE GPS issues, complained to Tmobile numerous times. They sent be out a NEW replacement phone (I told them I refuse for them to send me a remanufactured phone, it took a little bit of "back and forth") now it works perfect.

(o\_!_/o)

rock45us

Nov 16, 2015
I have a Samsung 6.3 with metro pcs...ever since I got this phone and try to use waze (error saying no gps try going out doors) turn by turn will not kick in till iam about 25 minutes on my drive than goes back out....can you please help I have googled went to several phone stores, contacted Samsung etc etc...I love waze when it works and my job requires gps..uber and lyft driver..thanks you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.