[Q] Hard reset after 8.1 queries

Search This thread

tboy2000

Oct 21, 2006
London
Huawei Mate 20
Huawei Mate 20 X
I am thinking about doing a hard reset after installing the latest update to 8.1 as battery is still terrible. I have some questions please.

Will my apps and games saves be ok on my sd card after reset?
I know I will need to reinstall all apps again but will those apps recognise the data stored on the phone or will it overwrite my saved data for the apps when reinstalling to sd card?

I know mail, sms, contacts and calender get backed up. Does what's app get backed up too?

So my main concern is losing my game progress for apps on card if I hard reset.

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you!

gipfelgoas

I am thinking about doing a hard reset after installing the latest update to 8.1 as battery is still terrible. I have some questions please.

Will my apps and games saves be ok on my sd card after reset?
I know I will need to reinstall all apps again but will those apps recognise the data stored on the phone or will it overwrite my saved data for the apps when reinstalling to sd card?

I know mail, sms, contacts and calender get backed up. Does what's app get backed up too?

So my main concern is losing my game progress for apps on card if I hard reset.

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you!

Your apps and games on the sd-card will be ok after hard resetting your phone. The problem is that your phone does not accept them and you will need to reinstall each app (and you lose the game progress unless the dev has integrated some kind of backup to OneDrive etc.).

In-App-Purchases will be stored if they are durable; consumable purchases are lost!

To mention WhatsApp: it is pulled form the store, so you were not able to reinstall it on your device!

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
I think 8.1 added the ability to back up application data too, which should help out. I don't know for sure, though; there may be limits and apps which get pulled may not get backed up / restored.