Oneplus 5 issue with h+ network

Search This thread

Rhoban

Jan 8, 2015
Dobra
Having the same problem with Orange Romania.
I was thinking to send my phone for a repair, but after seeing how many of us have this problem, I think it will be useless to send it back.

I'm on Vodafone RO and have the same issue with 3G/H+.
4G works perfectly.
So no, a repair won't help as it seems to affect all OnePlus 5 devices.

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

No workaround posted works, what can we do? This device is fantastic and I don't want to switch to another brand, but this issue is very very annoying. If it's an hardware bug it's a serious problem, if it's a software one OP must solve it immediately! Is it possible that after 12 releases they aren't aware of this situation?

I've opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Now we wait and hear what they have to say.

Also, if you dual *#*#4636#*#*, go to Phone information and tap the 3 dot menu.
There's an option to select radio bands. Could you try selecting the bands of your region and report back?

yz999zz

Apr 21, 2010
I'm on Vodafone RO and have the same issue with 3G/H+.
4G works perfectly.
So no, a repair won't help as it seems to affect all OnePlus 5 devices.

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

I've opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Now we wait and hear what they have to say.

Also, if you dual *#*#4636#*#*, go to Phone information and tap the 3 dot menu.
There's an option to select radio bands. Could you try selecting the bands of your region and report back?
Done (Europe), I'll report back as soon as possible, thanks.

Reactions: ExterminalPT

Rhoban

Jan 8, 2015
Dobra
Got an answer from OnePlus support

Hello Robert,

This is Kris from OnePlus Customer Support and I will be taking ownership of this ticket.

I understand that you had connection issues with your phone. Rest easy as I will do my best to help.

To assist you more accurately, I would like to know the following:

When did the issue started? Was it after an update?
Have you contacted the provider to verify if you have a good reception in your area?
Anyhow to try fixing the issue, I recommend reaching out to your network provider and ask for the correct APN settings for your phone. Additionally, please update your phone's OS to the latest system update. To do so, please go to Settings > System Update.

In the event that the same issue persist, please perform the work-around below. Please make sure to back up all your files and data first because it will surely wipe out everything on your phone. You may sync your Google account to back-up your Applications, data, WiFi settings, and contacts. Also, be sure to have "auto-sync" and "back-up data" enabled in your settings. (Settings > Accounts > Google) For music, video or other files please copy the files to either a computer or a hard drive via the USB cable.

Here's how you can perform a Hard Reset:

Power off your device.
Press the power key + volume down for a few seconds.
Select English.
Look for Wipe data and cache > Erase everything
Please let me know how it goes so we'll be able to consider other options.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and I look forward to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Kris

Exactly what I expected them to say... Sigh.

Reactions: gohan040 and Vika__

pirilampus

May 10, 2012
Lisbon
I don't know if this was already suggested, but why don't you send some logs to Funk Wizard? Maybe he is able to share your word with OP Dev team.

ExterminalPT

Feb 25, 2012
Aveiro
Update : i put my old sim card in slot 1, (Sim 1) and my primary on slot 2 (Sim 2) and go to settings, next turn off slot 1 (Sim 1).

Problem solved for me. :good: :silly:

If I have the 2 sim cards enable, i still have the issue. So, need to turn off sim 1.

Now works perfectly. :good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171010-194122.jpg
    Screenshot_20171010-194122.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
Reactions: mutleyPT

ExterminalPT

Feb 25, 2012
Aveiro
Some of so called solutions posting here are really not truly working.
The issue is real, so OnePlus needs to fix it.

First of all, nothing posting here are solutions. Only OnePlus have the real solution.

But, if u can jump over the problem, its perfect. U can call temporary fix... So, i dont understand ur comment..

Last edited:

Yousvel

Jan 23, 2014
Cap-Haitian
www.dtcministries.com
First of all, nothing posting here are solutions. Only OnePlus have the real solution.

But, if u can jump over the problem, its perfect. U can call temporary fix... So, i dont understand ur comment..

What's the difference between :"Solution & Problem solved"?
As English is not my primary language, I may just get it wrong. Anyway, I am not accusing anyone, I am just pointing out that none of what is posted here as solutions or temporary fix are really working. That's all I mean. We are here on xda to help one another, nothing else. There may be differences and misunderstanding but the aim goal is this: "Care and share that's a lovely pair"!

yz999zz

Apr 21, 2010
Update : i put my old sim card in slot 1, (Sim 1) and my primary on slot 2 (Sim 2) and go to settings, next turn off slot 1 (Sim 1).

Problem solved for me. :good: :silly:

If I have the 2 sim cards enable, i still have the issue. So, need to turn off sim 1.

Now works perfectly. :good:

Not working for me, same issue while in h+ network.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171010-222016.jpg
    Screenshot_20171010-222016.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 220

reneftw

May 1, 2011
I'm afraid that this problem will never be resolved by Oneplus
Yep, they don't want to admit there is a problem in the first place. I previously had a Meizu Pro 5, that had no support at all in Europe. But I never had any problems with it. I bought Oneplus 5 after I heard they have a great customer support, but this will be my first and last Oneplus phone.

reneftw

May 1, 2011
I sent him a message.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Anyone tried to manually select the 3g network and use it that way?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash news :
    Oneplus tech support has been able to replicate the issue on their own device by following the steps on my video.
    They also asked me to send them very precise logs (done). I'm waiting for their answer.
    Let's just hope they can fix it on an update.
    Hello everyone, for your information, oneplus support asked me a video of the issue. I uploaded it on youtube :
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/PoI3w2USla8

Do you have exactly the same issue or is it somewhat different?

It *seems* that they are taking the problem seriously because they want to do a "remote session" with me to caracterise the issue. I'll keep you informed
    If OP will solve the issue I can say that their support is very nice, because they have extreme respect to their users. In that case I will buy in future still from them and I will recommend their products to my friends.

Yes for the moment it's the best customer service experience I've ever had. I spoke with real software engineer that were very professional, and they actually understood the issue and guided me to gather as much information as possible.

They actually understood that I am an advanced user and asked me lot of details. It was really intellectually rewarding for me.

They reproduced the bug and they said that they are investigating the issue by comparing their logs with mine.

They updated me and said that the issue was rather complex and it would take them some time.

Although this problem should never have existed at the first place, they are doing their best to fix it.
    At this point we can be sure that the problem is in good hands, we just need to be patient.
    Hello, i m from italy and i ve problem with h+ Connection.

Before, i had an oneplus 3t and there aren t problems with mi sim operator.
    I switched with oneplus 5 and the Connection freeze in h+ for 15/30 second. Then work for 15 second and stops again. Like an infinite loop.

With 4g no problem.

This is an oneplus 5 problem, because i had the same sim and same carrier on 3t and works very well.
    4.5.8 version.

Any hint?
    Tnx
    Maybe some Good news :
    "
    We understand and I appreciate the confirmation. For this issue, we will need to forward this ticket to our Technical Support supervisor for further assistance. Rest assured that you'll get a feedback from them within 24-48 hours
    "
    -oneplus support.