Run Netflix on CM10 & 11 Xposed Framework module

Search This thread

pastordl

Jun 4, 2011
NH
You can run Netflix on CM 10 & 11 (4.2, 3&4) on EMMC through the latest CM10.2 nightly and CM11 builds.
The Kernel changes make watching Netflix in "MEDIUM" playback speed watchable. Only occasional bumps after the first 30 seconds. Great for a three year old tablet. I claim no credit, save some research time. I'm only pointing out the work of giants.

It works in CM11 (4.4) in most devices. PLEASE post a note with make and model as well as ROM you are using. If you try with Xposed Framework make sure and get the latest version. Also with CM11 on Nook Color (maybe others) You Must Use Liquid64's NetflixHackPersist.zip per option #2 and nightly 2-10 or later. Also you must use Ver. 3.2.1-B1346 netflix or earlier, Available below. Versions 3.3.1-B1463+ don't work for CM10 or CM11. I urge everyone to call Netflix at 1-866-658-3608 and complain about the new app that leaves so many behind. Also go to Twitter and Facebook and encourage others to let Netflix know their displeasure.

It is working on SD with CM11. See Post (#14) & (#39) for details. (Please, If you try on SD whether it works or not please post a reply in forum and I'll update.) Runs on my Nook Color with CM10.2 or CM11 on EMMC just fine, (See post #3 for 24+ others).

The Process, if your interested:
I had to do a lot of searching to find this since most of it is not on the Nook Color forums. I thought I would post the accumulated info and links here to make it easier for fellow Nookie (and others tablet) owners. Did also find that other tablets and phones are having the same problem with Netflix app. The following is a listing of things I have tried and know that they work on the Nook Color. Some of this has been mentioned sporadically on Nook Color (Encore) ROM and DEV forums.
The two forums with the most helpful info:

By Entropy512 Originator of the Xposed Netflix module All Exynos4 devices (Go there and give him thanks)
Use the XposedCM10.1NetflixWorkaround.apk below for Exynos4 devices
and
by Kaepernick - Changes that made it work on HTC Droid Incredible (And Nook Color and several others) (Go there and give him thanks)
Use the XposedCM10-10.1NetflixWorkaround-Dinc.apk below for all other devices

Option #1 - From Kaepernicks OP. If running CM11 on nook color must use option #2 and Ver. 3.2.1-B1346 netflix or earlier, Available below.

"Well, thanks to Entropy512's help, I was able to modify his Xposed hack to work on CM10 (based on Android 4.1) and CM10.1 (based on Android 4.2) for the Incredible. Using the newest Netflix app and it's working well without issue. It's easy to install. You just need two files:

Xposed Installer: See latest
Xposed Installer file link in the link just above the attachments at the bottom of this post.

*****For Installer Forum and Updates: (Go there and give Rovo89 thanks)

XposedCM10-10.1 Netflix Hack: See attached file below (XposedCM10=10.1NextflixWorkaround-Dinc)

In order to install:

1. Download both files to the root directory of your SD Card. Install the Xposed Installer apk
2. Once Installed, open it up. Press the Install/Update button to install the Xposed Framework. Allow Superuser Permissions. Once it's done, reboot.
3. Install the Xposed Netflix Workaround apk.
For Nooks, Droids, Etc use XposedCM10-10.1NetflixWorkaround-Dinc.apk
4. Open up the Xposed Installer and select the Modules button. You should see the Xposed Netflix Workaround option. Tap the checkbox. Reboot.
5. Open up Netflix. Enjoy.

The background of the app will be white, which is weird, but video will work."

*** Make the Xposed Framework persist through a CM ROM update with script "90-xposedpersist.sh" (in the 90-xposedpersist.zip), put the ".sh" file in the /system/addon.d/ folder. See Post #4 for specifics***

Option #2 - On Entropy512's site I noted that Liquid64 was working on a zip to make the install persist and has since done it. I have tried it and it works. It's easier than #1 but you'll miss trying the other modules in Xposed.
If running CM11 on nook color must use option #2 and Ver. 3.2.1-B1346 netflix or earlier, Available below.
His response to my request to include his work is below: (You should give him thanks here)
"Just for reference, my zip file does not rely on the xposed modules. It is just an init.d script that changes the nflx_player_type value. There's also an addon.d script that backs up the init.d script in the event there is a firmware upgrade.
I guess is anyone is interested in looking at there, here it is:

(See attached files below: NetflixHackPersist.zip & removeNetflixHack.zip)

The addon.d script can be adapted to also back up the exposed modules, as Entropy512 had suggested above. "
There are two zip files. The Hack Persist.zip is installed from recovery to make the changes persist after upgrades without using the Xposed installer. The Remove.zip uninstalls the Hack persist also installed in recovery. The background of the App will again be in black.

This does work on SD on Nook Color running CM11. See Post (#14) & (#39) for details or
Copy NetflixHackPersist.zip to the root directory of the SD and rename it to cm-update.zip. Install the card and boot to Leapinlar's recovery to install to the card. Reboot and good to go.
I will try to keep this up to date as to any changes or problems. I found others on XDA did not know the Nook Color had the same problem. If you know of other tablets or phones using CM 10+ are having this problem let them know so they also might benefit.

Where is the NetFlix Icon?
I have received a couple of PMs asking where the Netflix shortcut (icon) is after installing the workarounds. These workarounds are fixes that allow the newer Netflix apps to work with the ROM. You must have the current Netflix app installed from the Google play store. The workarounds do not replace the Netflix app, nor do they install the Netflix app.
Problem with Netflix App Ver 3.1.0+?
If you have problems with updating to version 3.1.0, in app manager delete all data for Netflix then open Netflix and reenter user id and password. Then reboot the tablet. When you enter Netflix again everything should work fine.
All credit for the attached files goes to the authors listed above. I have also attached all needed files below including the latest updates. If you have any suggestions or questions please post below.

Personal note about Xposed Framework:
I encourage you to to install the latest Xposed framework (See link above attachments at the bottom of this post). I have found several of the modules available for downloading right in the Xposed app do great things. The App settings module gives an interface like Paranoid Android ROM without losing any of the CM greatness. Best of both worlds for me. See XDA article here: http://www.xda-developers.com/andro...ds-new-features-and-support-for-miui-and-x86/
For the diehards that just want a Netflix app that works and don't care if its the latest Netflix app.
I included the 1.8.1 version, just extract from the zip. Easier yes, more exciting no. I like a little excitement in my tablet. Also have added Version 2.0.2 which works on some devices. If running CM11 on nook color must use option #2 also.
Enjoy and spread this to everyone you know that wants to use the Netflix app on their devices and has been unable. (+85) If this helped you please hit the thanks button.

:highfive:

Get latest Xposed Framework apk at this link http://dl.xposed.info/latest.apk

Attachments

• XposedCM10-10.1NetflixWorkaround-Dinc.apk
    180.6 KB · Views: 2,811
  • NetflixHackPersist.zip
    127.7 KB · Views: 4,291
  • removeNetflixHack.zip
    126.4 KB · Views: 1,551
  • 90-xposedpersist.zip
    613 bytes · Views: 633
  • netflix-1.8.1.apk.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 2,066
  • netflix_2_0_2.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 1,825
  • XposedCM10.1NetflixWorkaround.apk
    180.2 KB · Views: 1,380
  • GPSservices_4.2.43.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 357
  • com.netflix.mediaclient.v3.2.1-B1346.apk.zip
    12.9 MB · Views: 2,710
Last edited:

tebytorozo

Aug 22, 2013
thx for this netflix works !

You can run the current version of netflix on the latest CM 10 on EMMC through the Latest CM10.1 nightly. The Kernel changes make watching netflix in "better" download speed watchable. Only occasional bumps after the first 30 seconds. Great for a three year old tablet. I claim no credit, save some research time. I'm only pointing out the work of giants.

Not sure about it working on SD, or CM10.2. (If you try and find it works please note in forum or PM me and I'll update.)

I had to do a lot so searching to find this since most of it is off the Nook Color forum. I thought I would post the accumulated info and links here to make it easier for fellow nookie owners. Did also find that other tablets and phones are having the problem with Netflix app. The following is a listing of things I have tried and know that they work on the Nook Color. Some of this has been mentioned sporadically on Encore ROM and DEV forums.

The two forums with the most helpful info are:

By Entropy512 Originator of the xposed netflix module

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2101525 (Go there and give him thanks)

and
by Kaepernick - Changes that made it work on HTC Droid Incredible (And Nook Color and several others)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2185130 (Go there and give him thanks)

From Kaepernicks OP

This works great but I like to keep up with the nightlies and you have to go into the Xposed app instruct to install and reboot with each new ROM to have it work.

On Entropy512's site I note that Liquid64 was working on a zip to make the install persist and has since done it. I have tried it and it works.

His response to my request to include his work is below, (from #69) of Entropy512's forum above: (You should give him thanks there)

There are two zip files. The Hack Persist is installed from recovery to make the Xposed install persist after upgrades without using the Xposed installer. The Remove zip uninstalls the Hack persist also installed in recovery. The background of the App will again be in black.

I will try to keep this up to date as to any changes or problems. I found others on XDA did not know the Nook Color had the same problem. If you know of other tablets or phones using CM 10+ are having this problem let them know so they also might benefit.

This is my first new thread attempt so please bear with me if I have messed up something. All credit for the attached files goes to the authors listed above. I have also attached all needed files below including the latest updates.

Enjoy and spread this to everyone you know that wants to use Netflix on their devices and has been unable. :highfive:

I can confirm this is working on my CM 10.2 nightly for Galaxy S3 (i9300) thank you very much :D

Reactions: pastordl

pastordl

Jun 4, 2011
NH
For future update reports

Developed originally for Exynos4 (Samsung) devices, modified for arm7.

Reported working on:

1. Atrix 4g 4.1.2
  2. Droid Incredible
  3. Galaxy Note N7000
  4. Galaxy Note SGH-T879
  5. Galaxy S2 jellybam V 7.0.0
  6. Galaxy S II (I9100) on CM10.1
  7. Galaxy S3 (i9300) running CM 10.2 and Paranoid Android 3.65
  8. GT-N8013
  9. GT-I9305
  10. HP Touchpad running Milaq's CM11 (4.4) & JCSullins 20140409 CM11
  11. i777
  12. Kindle fire running hellkat 4.4
  13. LG optimus g pro E980
  14. MTK6577 phone running custom JB firmware, not CM
  15. MTK6589 SoC
  16. Nook Color CM10.1.2, CM10.2 and CM11 on EMMC & CM11 on SD
  17. Nook Tablet using CM10.1
  18. Note 2 Tmobile running AOKP Milestone 2 4.2.2
  19. Odroid U2
  20. Ouya - CM10
  21. Rikomagic MK802 IV
  22. SGS2 Epic 4G Touch running CM10.1
  23. Verizon Note 2
  24. Zopo 810 which is a quadcore mtk6589 SoC

Doesn't work on:

1. Galaxy note i717, running LiquidSmooth V3.1 (4.4.4) (probably ROM issue)

Last edited:
Reactions: webyrd

pastordl

Jun 4, 2011
NH
Make your Xposed Framework Persist also.

After some continued research and testing I have found this work around for having to reinstall Xposed and do a reboot after a ROM update.

I asked Rovo89 the developer of Xposed Framework and got this answer.

The Source info and Script are first here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43112783&postcount=1911 (Go there and give him thanks)

And also here.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43473060&postcount=2043 (Go there and give him thanks)

I put Fiouz's script in file "90-xposedpersist.sh" and put the file in /system/addon.d/ in the Nook. If your tablet has this directory it should work.

The file is attached in the OP (in the 90-xposedpersist.zip),

I tried it for a few weeks and regular nightly ROM updates and works great on Nook Color CM 10.2 & 11 in EMMC. Should work on any CM 9, 10 or 11. Great time saver for nightly update addicts.

Last edited:
Reactions: webyrd and MrPib

pacherecords

Sep 16, 2010
Mexico City
Developed for Exynos4 (Samsung) devices

Reported working on:

***** Atrix 4g 4.1.2
***** Galaxy Note N7000
***** Galaxy Note SGH-T879
***** Galaxy S2 jellybam V 7.0.0
***** Galaxy S II (I9100) on CM10.1
***** Galaxy S3 (i9300) running CM 10.2 and Paranoid Android 3.65
***** GT-N8013
***** GT-I9305
***** i777
***** MTK6577 phone running custom JB firmware, not CM
***** MTK6589 SoC
***** Nook Color CM10.1.2 and CM10.2 on EMMC
***** Nook Tablet using CM10.1
***** Note 2 Tmobile running AOKP Milestone 2 4.2.2
***** Odroid U2
***** Rikomagic MK802 IV
***** SGS2 Epic 4G Touch running CM10.1
***** Verizon Note 2
***** Zopo 810 which is a quadcore mtk6589 SoC

Works perfect on my lg optimus g pro E980

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mr.BungIe

Apr 5, 2012
Montclair
I am running CM11 on my NC and have attempted the Xposed Netflix workaround with the updated frameworks (updated apk) from this thread. I managed to get Xposed and my frameworks updated, (I also needed to update binaries using SuperSU) but now Netflix is crashing. If I unload the Netflix module, Netflix will run but I have the small playback window surrounded by visual "noise."

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any advise you can offer?

granny smith

Mar 11, 2011
I am running CM11 on my NC and have attempted the Xposed Netflix workaround with the updated frameworks (updated apk) from this thread. I managed to get Xposed and my frameworks updated, (I also needed to update binaries using SuperSU) but now Netflix is crashing. If I unload the Netflix module, Netflix will run but I have the small playback window surrounded by visual "noise."

Unfortunately, I cannot provide any advice, but I wanted to add that I get the same thing in CM 10.2 on nightly 12/31. Netflix runs, but I too have the small playback window surrounded by visual noise. So it is not unique to CM11.

pastordl

Jun 4, 2011
NH
Unfortunately, I cannot provide any advice, but I wanted to add that I get the same thing in CM 10.2 on nightly 12/31. Netflix runs, but I too have the small playback window surrounded by visual noise. So it is not unique to CM11.

In the OP under: Problem with Netflix App Ver 3.1.0+?

If you have problems with updating to version 3.1.0, in app manager delete all data for Netflix then open Netflix and reenter user id and password. Then reboot the tablet. When you enter Netflix again everything should work fine.

Something about the update from prior to 3.1.0 to 3.1.0 or later does this. I had this problem and took the above steps and every thing worked fine in 10.2. Have not yet tried it in CM 11 myself. Since clearing the netflix data cures the problem it doesn't seem to be the framework or the work around. It is the reason I put the :Problem with Netflix App Ver 3.1.0+?" info in the OP.

Edit: Finally got CM11 running. Had to use option#2 in the OP, Liquid64's NetflixHackPersist.zip available in the OP. It works fine and persists past Rom updates to boot.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2012
Just goes to show that searching is the way to go :) I kept getting this green screen and a movie of about 1/4 size of the window. This fixed the issue!

Thank you for posting it up and saving my sanity :)

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
evy5y9yp.jpg

I keep getting that. I cleared the data even rebooted. Anyone got any advice?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

pastordl

Jun 4, 2011
NH
I keep getting that. I cleared the data even rebooted. Anyone got any advice?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I'm getting the same thing. Something has changed in the latest Nightlies. Could you provide your ROM version and tablet make and model.

Edit: Problem resolved in 2-10 Nightly and use Liquid64's script.

Be sure to clear the Netflix data in system / apps. You may need to reboot also after clearing the data. I have not tried with the framework module since i don't like the white background.

Last edited:

bowguy

May 7, 2012
Ventura
Netflix on CM11 on SD

Confirming that the latest Netflix is working on an SD install. Copy NetflixHackPersist.zip to the root directory of the SD and rename it to cm-update.zip. Install the card and boot to Leapinlar's recovery to install to the card. Reboot and good to go.

Reactions: MrPib and pastordl

deboyz1014

Jan 21, 2011
Must have missed a step somewhere

1. Install CM11 Nightlies on Nook Color
2. Install Netflix
3. Install Xposed Hack > Update > Reboot
4. Install Mod netflix apk module
5. Enable Module within Xposed
6. Reboot
7. Run Netflix > FC

Wiped data on Netflix and reboot, still same issue. I've also tried with Netflix being installed after module is enabled and still same thing. Anyone else running into similar issue or is it just issue with nightlies?

bowguy

May 7, 2012
Ventura
Must have missed a step somewhere

1. Install CM11 Nightlies on Nook Color
2. Install Netflix
3. Install Xposed Hack > Update > Reboot
4. Install Mod netflix apk module
5. Enable Module within Xposed
6. Reboot
7. Run Netflix > FC

Wiped data on Netflix and reboot, still same issue. I've also tried with Netflix being installed after module is enabled and still same thing. Anyone else running into similar issue or is it just issue with nightlies?

Use liquid64 method, not Xposed. See OP and pastordl's post above. It does work.

Last edited:

OrionNav

Aug 7, 2013
Netflix updates itself (not for the better)

I kept getting this green screen and a movie of about 1/4 size of the window.

I tried Netflix 2.0.2 on my Nook Color. It has a nasty habit of updating itself to version 3.2.1 -- and the latter is the version where I've experienced shrunken video playback (in the upper-left 1/4 of the screen, while the other 3/4 of the screen is green). Update: after installing Liquid64's NetflixHackPersist.zip, version 3.2.1 behaves great -- no more mostly-green screen!

Does anyone know how to prevent Netflix from updating itself?

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Thanks for compiling this info. I'm about to try the Liquid64 method. If it works, it will be the attainment of what my wife considers to be something of a Holy Grail (getting Netflix to work reliably on the Nook Color, which we just haven't been able to do after about a year of various attempts).

For the diehards that just want a Netflix app that works and don't care if its the latest Netflix app, I included the 1.8.1 version, just extract from the zip.

Version 1.8.1 wasn't all it's cracked up to be on my Nook Color. Video plays fine for the first 5 seconds (when it's about 95% of full-screen, and partially covered by a progress bar and volume control). Then the progress bar/volume control disappears, and the video goes truly full-screen, and it becomes extremely jittery or jumpy. (Unwatchably so.) Has anyone else experienced that? Update: Liquid64's NetflixHackPersist.zip even improves the behavior of version 1.8.1 -- no more jittery video!

Last edited:

pastordl

Jun 4, 2011
NH
I tried Netflix 2.0.2 on my Nook Color. It has a nasty habit of updating itself to version 3.2.1 -- and the latter is the version where I've experienced shrunken video playback (in the upper-left 1/4 of the screen, while the other 3/4 of the screen is green). Update: after installing Liquid64's NetflixHackPersist.zip, version 3.2.1 behaves great -- no more mostly-green screen!

Does anyone know how to prevent Netflix from updating itself?

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Thanks for compiling this info. I'm about to try the Liquid64 method. If it works, it will be the attainment of what my wife considers to be something of a Holy Grail (getting Netflix to work reliably on the Nook Color, which we just haven't been able to do after about a year of various attempts).

Version 1.8.1 wasn't all it's cracked up to be on my Nook Color. Video plays fine for the first 5 seconds (when it's about 95% of full-screen, and partially covered by a progress bar and volume control). Then the progress bar/volume control disappears, and the video goes truly full-screen, and it becomes extremely jittery or jumpy. (Unwatchably so.) Has anyone else experienced that? Update: Liquid64's NetflixHackPersist.zip even improves the behavior of version 1.8.1 -- no more jittery video!

That is why the big red type, if using CM11, must use option #2. With option #2 the updates are not an issue and work fine.

Last edited:

OrionNav

Aug 7, 2013
New life breathed into my Nook Color

That is why the big red type, if using CM11, must use option #2. With option #2 the updates are not an issue and work fine.

Oh yes, I saw the red text that said #2 was the only way to go for the Nook Color... so I never even considered option #1. Thanks again for the stellar info.

medimicgolfer

Nov 21, 2011
I applied the Liquid64's fix on the HP Touchpad running Milaq's CM11 Previously I had a spinning wheel when trying to load videos. Now with the fix applied I have nice quality Netflix Videos!

Thanks Liquid64!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can run Netflix on CM 10 & 11 (4.2, 3&4) on EMMC through the latest CM10.2 nightly and CM11 builds.
    The Kernel changes make watching Netflix in "MEDIUM" playback speed watchable. Only occasional bumps after the first 30 seconds. Great for a three year old tablet. I claim no credit, save some research time. I'm only pointing out the work of giants.

It works in CM11 (4.4) in most devices. PLEASE post a note with make and model as well as ROM you are using. If you try with Xposed Framework make sure and get the latest version. Also with CM11 on Nook Color (maybe others) You Must Use Liquid64's NetflixHackPersist.zip per option #2 and nightly 2-10 or later. Also you must use Ver. 3.2.1-B1346 netflix or earlier, Available below. Versions 3.3.1-B1463+ don't work for CM10 or CM11. I urge everyone to call Netflix at 1-866-658-3608 and complain about the new app that leaves so many behind. Also go to Twitter and Facebook and encourage others to let Netflix know their displeasure.

It is working on SD with CM11. See Post (#14) & (#39) for details. (Please, If you try on SD whether it works or not please post a reply in forum and I'll update.) Runs on my Nook Color with CM10.2 or CM11 on EMMC just fine, (See post #3 for 24+ others).

The Process, if your interested:
    I had to do a lot of searching to find this since most of it is not on the Nook Color forums. I thought I would post the accumulated info and links here to make it easier for fellow Nookie (and others tablet) owners. Did also find that other tablets and phones are having the same problem with Netflix app. The following is a listing of things I have tried and know that they work on the Nook Color. Some of this has been mentioned sporadically on Nook Color (Encore) ROM and DEV forums.
    The two forums with the most helpful info:

By Entropy512 Originator of the Xposed Netflix module All Exynos4 devices (Go there and give him thanks)
    Use the XposedCM10.1NetflixWorkaround.apk below for Exynos4 devices
    and
    by Kaepernick - Changes that made it work on HTC Droid Incredible (And Nook Color and several others) (Go there and give him thanks)
    Use the XposedCM10-10.1NetflixWorkaround-Dinc.apk below for all other devices

Option #1 - From Kaepernicks OP. If running CM11 on nook color must use option #2 and Ver. 3.2.1-B1346 netflix or earlier, Available below.

"Well, thanks to Entropy512's help, I was able to modify his Xposed hack to work on CM10 (based on Android 4.1) and CM10.1 (based on Android 4.2) for the Incredible. Using the newest Netflix app and it's working well without issue. It's easy to install. You just need two files:

Xposed Installer: See latest
    Xposed Installer file link in the link just above the attachments at the bottom of this post.

*****For Installer Forum and Updates: (Go there and give Rovo89 thanks)

XposedCM10-10.1 Netflix Hack: See attached file below (XposedCM10=10.1NextflixWorkaround-Dinc)

In order to install:

1. Download both files to the root directory of your SD Card. Install the Xposed Installer apk
    2. Once Installed, open it up. Press the Install/Update button to install the Xposed Framework. Allow Superuser Permissions. Once it's done, reboot.
    3. Install the Xposed Netflix Workaround apk.
    For Nooks, Droids, Etc use XposedCM10-10.1NetflixWorkaround-Dinc.apk
    4. Open up the Xposed Installer and select the Modules button. You should see the Xposed Netflix Workaround option. Tap the checkbox. Reboot.
    5. Open up Netflix. Enjoy.

The background of the app will be white, which is weird, but video will work."

*** Make the Xposed Framework persist through a CM ROM update with script "90-xposedpersist.sh" (in the 90-xposedpersist.zip), put the ".sh" file in the /system/addon.d/ folder. See Post #4 for specifics***

Option #2 - On Entropy512's site I noted that Liquid64 was working on a zip to make the install persist and has since done it. I have tried it and it works. It's easier than #1 but you'll miss trying the other modules in Xposed.
    If running CM11 on nook color must use option #2 and Ver. 3.2.1-B1346 netflix or earlier, Available below.
    His response to my request to include his work is below: (You should give him thanks here)
    "Just for reference, my zip file does not rely on the xposed modules. It is just an init.d script that changes the nflx_player_type value. There's also an addon.d script that backs up the init.d script in the event there is a firmware upgrade.
    I guess is anyone is interested in looking at there, here it is:

(See attached files below: NetflixHackPersist.zip & removeNetflixHack.zip)

The addon.d script can be adapted to also back up the exposed modules, as Entropy512 had suggested above. "
    There are two zip files. The Hack Persist.zip is installed from recovery to make the changes persist after upgrades without using the Xposed installer. The Remove.zip uninstalls the Hack persist also installed in recovery. The background of the App will again be in black.

This does work on SD on Nook Color running CM11. See Post (#14) & (#39) for details or
    Copy NetflixHackPersist.zip to the root directory of the SD and rename it to cm-update.zip. Install the card and boot to Leapinlar's recovery to install to the card. Reboot and good to go.

Where is the NetFlix Icon?
    I have received a couple of PMs asking where the Netflix shortcut (icon) is after installing the workarounds. These workarounds are fixes that allow the newer Netflix apps to work with the ROM. You must have the current Netflix app installed from the Google play store. The workarounds do not replace the Netflix app, nor do they install the Netflix app.
    Problem with Netflix App Ver 3.1.0+?
    All credit for the attached files goes to the authors listed above. I have also attached all needed files below including the latest updates. If you have any suggestions or questions please post below.

Personal note about Xposed Framework:
    I encourage you to to install the latest Xposed framework (See link above attachments at the bottom of this post). I have found several of the modules available for downloading right in the Xposed app do great things. The App settings module gives an interface like Paranoid Android ROM without losing any of the CM greatness. Best of both worlds for me. See XDA article here: http://www.xda-developers.com/andro...ds-new-features-and-support-for-miui-and-x86/
    For the diehards that just want a Netflix app that works and don't care if its the latest Netflix app.
    I included the 1.8.1 version, just extract from the zip. Easier yes, more exciting no. I like a little excitement in my tablet. Also have added Version 2.0.2 which works on some devices. If running CM11 on nook color must use option #2 also.
    Enjoy and spread this to everyone you know that wants to use the Netflix app on their devices and has been unable. (+85) If this helped you please hit the thanks button.

Get latest Xposed Framework apk at this link http://dl.xposed.info/latest.apk
    Has anyone else tried the April 7 update of Netflix on the Nook Color? I've been running Netflix on CyanogenMod version 10.2.1-encore for a while with the Xposed framework and module Xposed CM10.1 Netflix Workaround [1.0] (to patch Netflix to think it's running on 4.0). After the update (which had playback optimizations), Netflix crashes on startup.

Then I updated the Xposed framework to the latest version 2.5, but updating the framework wasn't going to help. I'll be looking for an updated module greater than version 1.0. Netflix doesn't crash if I disable the module (of course the video is small and in the upper left corner without the module).

I would consider updating to CyanogenMod 11.0 if the video performance is not worse than in 10.2.1.

Has anyone been able to successfully run the April 7 update of Netflix on the Nook Color? Is everyone on the Nook Color abandoning the Xposed module with 10.2.1-encore for CyanogenMod 11 Milestone 5+ and just using Liquid64's script instead?

The latest update of the Netflix app does not seem to work with CM 10 or 11. I have tried both the Xposed work around and Liquid64's Hack with no success. In the OP I noted this and have the previous version of the Netflix App available for download. I would suggest you (everyone) contact liquid64 and Kaepernick thru the links in the OP to see if we can help them, encourage them, ??? to update their work so we can continue to enjoy the latest apps. I also urge everyone to call Netflix at 1-866-658-3608 and complain about the new app that leaves so many behind.
    Netflix on CM11 on SD

Confirming that the latest Netflix is working on an SD install. Copy NetflixHackPersist.zip to the root directory of the SD and rename it to cm-update.zip. Install the card and boot to Leapinlar's recovery to install to the card. Reboot and good to go.
    Make your Xposed Framework Persist also.

After some continued research and testing I have found this work around for having to reinstall Xposed and do a reboot after a ROM update.

I asked Rovo89 the developer of Xposed Framework and got this answer.

The Source info and Script are first here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43112783&postcount=1911 (Go there and give him thanks)

And also here.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43473060&postcount=2043 (Go there and give him thanks)

I put Fiouz's script in file "90-xposedpersist.sh" and put the file in /system/addon.d/ in the Nook. If your tablet has this directory it should work.

The file is attached in the OP (in the 90-xposedpersist.zip),

I tried it for a few weeks and regular nightly ROM updates and works great on Nook Color CM 10.2 & 11 in EMMC. Should work on any CM 9, 10 or 11. Great time saver for nightly update addicts.

I applied the Liquid64's fix on the HP Touchpad running Milaq's CM11 Previously I had a spinning wheel when trying to load videos. Now with the fix applied I have nice quality Netflix Videos!

Thanks Liquid64!