Droid X theme - need beta testers

Search This thread

krayzee

Nov 22, 2007
This is a new theme that i am working on. It is currently NOT 100% completed BUT it is very usuable ( I use it every day ) :p .. what i am looking for at this stage is for people to install it and let me know of any issues.

Requirements.
Droid X - Duh...
Froyo 2.3.15 (not sure if it works on anything else)
Deodexed
Root

** NEW VERSION ** 0.8

Here are some screenshots.

4.png
2.png
1.png
3.png

What's new:
New white text on status bar
New drop down menu
New Progress bar
Over 80 images changes. Now almost 100% blue.

Old Version Here
download the OLD version (Left for those that prefer the orange)

AGAIN THIS IS STILL IN PROGRESS

:eek: *********** MAKE A NANDROID FIRST ************* :eek:

Click here to download (rename to update.zip and plop on your SD Card)
Install using Koush's recovery
(IF you don't know what any of this means, please DO NOT INSTALL THIS!)

For those of you interested in the Widgets etc used in this theme, please follow this thread, i will release details soon. It is better as a complete theme. So when this comes out of beta stage then i will release all the addons.

Icons/wallpapers will be added later today.

Thanks for your time. Please comment, good or bad (as long as its constructive)

Thanks,

KraYzeE

oh yeah... I dont claim that i did ALL the graphics in this, though i did do a LOT, so if you see some of your work I would be happy to credit you. I am not trying to steal your work. Trust me, I know what goes into it. ;)

Last edited:

krayzee

Nov 22, 2007
wow really? almost 300 people have viewed this and no comments? lol... has anyone actually tried it? i'd love to hear your thoughts/views on this.. love/hate it? could be better? i'd change this...that... Come on don't be shy... let me know what you all think. :confused:

krze

Sep 29, 2010
Los Angeles
It looks nice imo. Ill like the color on the battery and keypads and just about everything is black/shiny which is cool. My only problem is the text color, just seems so off the rest of the theme. Maybe do a white text color alt? I think that's really the only thing that is hold me back from using it. Idk if I could stand that text color. (This is just my opinion!)

Last edited:

yojosefo

May 28, 2010
Chihuahua
I don't get it, is it a Droid x theme for Android devices,or a theme specifically for Droid x...? BTW, finally a flashable zip.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

debaucher

Aug 25, 2010
OK, overall I think the theme looks pretty good.
I am currently using the REVOlution for the Motorola Droid X theme which is nice, but I like the icons you have (wifi, battery and usb at least) but not a fan of the orange text (even though I like the color orange).
Maybe change that and make the dropdown notification background (that grey color with the android dude) more transparent and I will give it a go.

Just my 0.00000000002¢

D.

kaeiris

Dec 10, 2008
wow that's really cool how did u get started to begin to create your own rom...

to everyone how do i add a pic to my profile.......?? greatly appreciated thanks.

krayzee

Nov 22, 2007
this will work it on p3450?

Just to let you all know this is NOT a ROM. This is just a theme for the DroidX... I have no clue if it will work on anything else. You are free to try, but i wouldn't really advise it. If anyone would like to port it over *and knows how* then please get in touch.

Cheers,

KraYzeE

krayzee

Nov 22, 2007
New version is up. Check original post. I will add the wallpaper(s) and the icons and a few more goodies this evening.

Thanks for all the feedback so far. You have helped make it better.

Thanks to XDA for featuring it. AND for all the amazing work they do.

Cheers,

KraYzeE