[APP][MOD][KK] Photosphere Camera For KitKat ROMs [Gapps Nexus 5]

Search This thread

OmarEinea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
Hello everyone,
this flashable zip will only add a Photosphere capture section in your camera app
and it is extracted from the full Kitkat Gapps, but as default it should be installed only on the nexus 5
cuz the update script has ID check script

anyway my brother tried it on his Galaxy Grand Dous [4.4.2] SlimKat ROM beta 1.7 & OmniROM & JAN-8 ProBAM & Resurrection Remix®
and it should be working on CM11 and Carbon 4.4.x too

Instructions:
  1. Reboot into recovery
  2. Do a backup [optional, only for safety]
  3. Flash the zip
  4. Reboot and have fun

Here are some screenshots:

lYflE2S.jpg

oKpPxGl.jpg

There is an officially supported Photosphere provided with Paranoid Gapps For All Devices
not tested on Galsxy grand though, you can find the download link here:

pa_googlecamera-module-4.4.3-20140603-signed.zip - 13.56 MB

Old Google camera with Photosphere:
Dev-Host DOWNLOAD LINK
Mediafire DOWNLOAD LINK

For those who want to revert back to the original camera [without the Photosphere]
Flash This Zip

If the camera after flashing this didn't work, don't worry, all you have to do:
  • Open the ROM's zip
  • Extract the Camera app and Gallery app from ROM.Zip/system/app/HERE [the ROM you're using currently]
  • Replace them with the existed ones in Original_Camera.Zip/system/app/HERE
  • Then flash it, that's it, all done

Enjoy :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

OmarEinea

Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
Works on s2 plus, i think it should work on every device

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Oh yes, it should work on a lot of devices as it is part of Gapps,
but for example I have Xperia U with CM11 kitkat 4.4.2, and I tried this Photosphere Camera on it
and it didn't work, although I noticed that in the original Gapps script, there is a specific requirement in the device for this Photosphere Camera
to be installed.
so in this case I can't say for sure that it would work on all other devices, I only tested it on my brother's galaxy grand ;)

OmarEinea

Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
Not working on my galaxy grand 4.2 stock rom

Yeah it should work on lots of devices that run kitkat 4.4,
cuz this was extracted from [Gapps 4.4] so it practically won't work on anything else android 4.4

Try to search in google for photosphere for 4.2 and you'll find lots of flashable Zips for that matter:D

Sachin jain

Sep 7, 2012
The Photosphere is working but once I take the first picture then the picture rotates slowly so that the blue dot is not constant. To keep it constant I have to rotate my phone slowly... as a result I cannot capture the full 360 degrees of the picture... any fix for this..

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 4

OmarEinea

Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
The Photosphere is working but once I take the first picture then the picture rotates slowly so that the blue dot is not constant. To keep it constant I have to rotate my phone slowly... as a result I cannot capture the full 360 degrees of the picture... any fix for this..

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 4

maybe you've done somthing wrong,
your device should be Galaxy Grand, your ROM should be SlimKat or CM11, Android 4.4.x for sure
otherwise you may have some bugs

and if you have the requirements then maybe you should do wipe cache and dalvik cache and then flash the zip again
and see if that would make any difference :D

sumit227

Dec 28, 2013
New Delhi
Yeah it should work on lots of devices that run kitkat 4.4,
cuz this was extracted from [Gapps 4.4] so it practically won't work on anything else android 4.4

Try to search in google for photosphere for 4.2 and you'll find lots of flashable Zips for that matter:D

yeah i try different app that's work for me but that was totally different app now I have 2 camera and 2 gallery icons in my app drawer.

Is there any app or flashable zip which add photosphere to default camera?

OmarEinea

Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
yeah i try different app that's work for me but that was totally different app now I have 2 camera and 2 gallery icons in my app drawer.

the flashable zip should delete the existed ones if you didn't rename them, the update script has two lines for that matter:
Code:
delete("/system/app/Camera2.apk","/system/app/Gallery.apk","/system/app/Gallery2.apk","/system/app/GalleryGoogle.odex","/system/app/GoogleCamera.odex");
delete("/system/priv-app/Camera2.apk","/system/priv-app/Gallery.apk","/system/priv-app/Gallery2.apk");

so I assume you changed their names before flashing the zip, and that's why you have two now

and I think it is impossible to add photosphere to default camera, all you have to do is:
delete the two old gallery and camera, and then you'll have what you want;)

Reactions: sumit227

sumit227

Dec 28, 2013
New Delhi
the flashable zip should delete the existed ones if you didn't rename them, the update script has two lines for that matter:
Code:
delete("/system/app/Camera2.apk","/system/app/Gallery.apk","/system/app/Gallery2.apk","/system/app/GalleryGoogle.odex","/system/app/GoogleCamera.odex");
delete("/system/priv-app/Camera2.apk","/system/priv-app/Gallery.apk","/system/priv-app/Gallery2.apk");

so I assume you changed their names before flashing the zip, and that's why you have two now

and I think it is impossible to add photosphere to default camera, all you have to do is:

thanks i will definitely try this.

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

Code:

Is removing default camera not cause any problem and if I don't like that how can i restore old one

OmarEinea

Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
thanks i will definitely try this.

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

Is removing default camera not cause any problem and if I don't like that how can i restore old one

Hmmm, I'll Upload a flashable zip in the same thread to restore the original camera;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,
    this flashable zip will only add a Photosphere capture section in your camera app
    and it is extracted from the full Kitkat Gapps, but as default it should be installed only on the nexus 5
    cuz the update script has ID check script

anyway my brother tried it on his Galaxy Grand Dous [4.4.2] SlimKat ROM beta 1.7 & OmniROM & JAN-8 ProBAM & Resurrection Remix®
    and it should be working on CM11 and Carbon 4.4.x too

Instructions:
    1. Reboot into recovery
    2. Do a backup [optional, only for safety]
    3. Flash the zip
    4. Reboot and have fun

Here are some screenshots:

lYflE2S.jpg

oKpPxGl.jpg

There is an officially supported Photosphere provided with Paranoid Gapps For All Devices
    not tested on Galsxy grand though, you can find the download link here:

pa_googlecamera-module-4.4.3-20140603-signed.zip - 13.56 MB

Old Google camera with Photosphere:
    Dev-Host DOWNLOAD LINK
    Mediafire DOWNLOAD LINK

For those who want to revert back to the original camera [without the Photosphere]
    Flash This Zip

If the camera after flashing this didn't work, don't worry, all you have to do:
    • Open the ROM's zip
    • Extract the Camera app and Gallery app from ROM.Zip/system/app/HERE [the ROM you're using currently]
    • Replace them with the existed ones in Original_Camera.Zip/system/app/HERE
    • Then flash it, that's it, all done

Enjoy :fingers-crossed:

Code:

Thanks bro that would be great

Thread Updated

Now you have flashable Zip to revert back to the original camera

Enjoy;)
    Is it possible to change the storage setting to save photos to the SD card (ExtStorage) than the DCIM folder in the Phone memory. Is there any app which can make the Google Camera save files to external storage? Thanks in advance.

not possible in this app ,,, but storage location can be change in cm 11 camera app in app's setting however u can use folder mount app to link
    ur internal camera storage to external storage if u want photosphere that bad ,,becoz in this app and cm 11 camera app only photo sphere is the only difference..