[GUIDE]Getting Stock Rom without RUU

Search This thread

immortal_yash

Aug 13, 2011
Mumbai
yashballani.com
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
Hey guys i m seeing many people wanna get stock rom and flashing RUU and bricking their device so here you have a small guide to get back to stock rom without RUU :)

Before we start we need some things-
->Custom Recovery--------------------->TWRP||CWM(Newest version is recommended)
->Stock Rom in zip format(you have 2 options acoording to the kernel you want)
-->Stock Rom without EXT filesystem support--------------------->Download from here
-->Stock Rom with EXT2/3/4 file system support----------------->Download from here(Download this if you want to use memory scripts like int2ext,mounts2sd,etc.)

Changelog-
-->New Kernels build from stock htc source
-->De-odex
-->Init.d support
rest cant remember as i had build them long back :p

Instructions-(Assuming you already have flashed a Custom Recovery)
-> Copy the rom downloaded to sd card
-> Reboot in Recovery Mode(Remove the battery and reinsert it then hold volume down and power button to go to Hboot and then recovery)
-> Wipe System,Cache,Dalvik-Cache,SD-EXT,Factory Rese(and Boot if you use CWM Recovery)
-> Install or flash the stock rom you downloaded and placed in sd card(DO NOT flash Gapps as Stock Rom already has it inbuilt)
-> Reboot to System
-> Setup phone as you did for the first time when you brought it ;)

Note-
Kernels Used in this are made by me from source :)
Flashing this stock rom does not change your Radio version so any person from different zone can flash it without effecting their Radio version

Last edited:

gian569

Feb 20, 2011
i'm afraid this is a dumb question but....i am from europe, the 'indian stock rom' you linked is the right for me? also can i flash this if i'm S-ON?

Reactions: gsmdok

immortal_yash

Aug 13, 2011
Mumbai
yashballani.com
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
i'm afraid this is a dumb question but....i am from europe, the 'indian stock rom' you linked is the right for me? also can i flash this if i'm S-ON?

Yes you can use this on European devices too without any problem just make sure your bootloader is unlocked :)

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Tapatalk 2

immortal_yash

Aug 13, 2011
Mumbai
yashballani.com
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
+1 for the European Stock :highfive:

(italiano pure io, di Como :D)

For multi lang please get me your zones ruu I'll create a stock rom for you...

I can do system update...right?
I don't really know but i really don't recommend that for safe side but if you have updated successfully please post here

I think you May lose root and recovery.. but not sure

『Moved by touch™』 ?
LâTêS†↭ⓛⓘⓝⓚⓢ™CM10 HTC A310E

No they won't

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: aashking

Parth_14

Apr 28, 2012
New Delhi
Yes!! Applying system update made the phone boot into recovery and then I got a bootloop...so don't do any updates!
If someone knew there is an option of optimize storage in settings which on a rooted stock Rom makes the phone boot into recovery, but its only in latest system update which eventually failed :/
So is there any way u can upload updated zip? @yash?

BleedingIris

Aug 12, 2012
HEAVEN
Yes!! Applying system update made the phone boot into recovery and then I got a bootloop...so don't do any updates!
If someone knew there is an option of optimize storage in settings which on a rooted stock Rom makes the phone boot into recovery, but its only in latest system update which eventually failed :/

What update?change log?

『Moved by touch™』 ?
LâTêS†↭ⓛⓘⓝⓚⓢ™CM10 HTC A310E

immortal_yash

Aug 13, 2011
Mumbai
yashballani.com
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6

Same answer as previous get me the latest ruu of the ota update I'll convert it in to a flashable zip... I m sorry for asking links because i have exams and have to study for it hope everyone understands :)

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

pyron83

Feb 13, 2013
It is this one http://androidfiles.org/ruu/?dir=Pico but these I think are without the last (and only) update.

RUU_Pico_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.1_Radio_10.35d.80.09H_1.11.82.17_release_230964_signed.exe

I'm not sure about what you mean, but this one above is the last European rom and this one

RUU_Pico_hTC_Asia_India_1.31.720.3_Radio_10.35d.80.09H_1.11.82.17_release_230683_signed.exe

is the last indian rom

(as far as I remember, correct me if I'm wrong)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys i m seeing many people wanna get stock rom and flashing RUU and bricking their device so here you have a small guide to get back to stock rom without RUU :)

Before we start we need some things-
    ->Custom Recovery--------------------->TWRP||CWM(Newest version is recommended)
    ->Stock Rom in zip format(you have 2 options acoording to the kernel you want)
    -->Stock Rom without EXT filesystem support--------------------->Download from here
    -->Stock Rom with EXT2/3/4 file system support----------------->Download from here(Download this if you want to use memory scripts like int2ext,mounts2sd,etc.)

Changelog-
    -->New Kernels build from stock htc source
    -->De-odex
    -->Init.d support
    rest cant remember as i had build them long back :p

Instructions-(Assuming you already have flashed a Custom Recovery)
    -> Copy the rom downloaded to sd card
    -> Reboot in Recovery Mode(Remove the battery and reinsert it then hold volume down and power button to go to Hboot and then recovery)
    -> Wipe System,Cache,Dalvik-Cache,SD-EXT,Factory Rese(and Boot if you use CWM Recovery)
    -> Install or flash the stock rom you downloaded and placed in sd card(DO NOT flash Gapps as Stock Rom already has it inbuilt)
    -> Reboot to System
    -> Setup phone as you did for the first time when you brought it ;)

Note-
    Kernels Used in this are made by me from source :)
    Flashing this stock rom does not change your Radio version so any person from different zone can flash it without effecting their Radio version

Yes you can use this on European devices too without any problem just make sure your bootloader is unlocked :)

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Tapatalk 2
    Great Work! :good:

Sent from a ©Holofied Thing™