My SD Card Shrank from WP7 Flashing - How???

Search This thread

koolxx

Feb 16, 2011
2 questions, please:

1) after i flashed my hd2 with WP7, my sd card shrank from 16GB to 200MB. how did this happen??

2) and how do i play music and movies from my sd card in my hd2 with WP7?

hjhjhj

Jul 7, 2010
2 questions, please:

1) after i flashed my hd2 with WP7, my sd card shrank from 16GB to 200MB. how did this happen??

2) and how do i play music and movies from my sd card in my hd2 with WP7?

1) I've read other's who have had a similar problem. Search the forums. I believe it has something with residuals from previous ROMs. Try task29 before flashing.

2) Seriously asking this???? You use Zune to put content on to your phone! WP7 works through Zune. Have you not read any of the "how-to install WP7" write-ups and the requirements for syncing with your PC?

It isn't any different from what you did with WM6.5, just a different interface.

koolxx

Feb 16, 2011
1) I've read other's who have had a similar problem. Search the forums. I believe it has something with residuals from previous ROMs. Try task29 before flashing.

2) Seriously asking this???? You use Zune to put content on to your phone! WP7 works through Zune. Have you not read any of the "how-to install WP7" write-ups and the requirements for syncing with your PC?

It isn't any different from what you did with WM6.5, just a different interface.

thanks for the info but you got to relax. you cant get angry at someone for not knowing something. if people were as knowledgeable, they wouoldnt be posting questions on a forum.

koolxx

Feb 16, 2011
Ignore him, i dont know why his ranting on about zune and WM6.5

But he is right in that this is covered on here already
Try searching for "200MB" on the search this forum tool, heres a couple to get you started.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10719128&postcount=6

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=923153&highlight=storage+reduced+to+200MB

hey dazza.. thank you for the info. i'm reading the links you provided. hopefully, i can resurrect my sd card back to 16 GB. thanks man.

drewden123

Mar 8, 2008
hey dazza.. thank you for the info. i'm reading the links you provided. hopefully, i can resurrect my sd card back to 16 GB. thanks man.

I didn't look at the links, but it basically has to do with how WP7 formats your SD card. It can be reformatted in a way that reflects the size of the card. I can provide you with more help if you'd like.

koolxx

Feb 16, 2011
I didn't look at the links, but it basically has to do with how WP7 formats your SD card. It can be reformatted in a way that reflects the size of the card. I can provide you with more help if you'd like.

hey drewden.. thanks for the info. below is what a poster said on one of the links. I'm going to try it so i can get my sd card back to 16 GB again:

Enter MAGLDR, go to USB, connect it to the computer, run SD Formatter,Select correct drive, Options - Format Type= Full Erase On -Format Size Adjustment =ON.

This has been covered many times since the introduction of WP7.

littlepr

Aug 24, 2010
Kool, if all else fails download an HP utility tool that reformats and set the bit flags back to default so the true size is reflectec. Search for HP format utility on google.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

koolxx

Feb 16, 2011
Kool, if all else fails download an HP utility tool that reformats and set the bit flags back to default so the true size is reflectec. Search for HP format utility on google.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

thanks man. if i run into any problems, i'll let you know,.,. thanks agani.

koolxx

Feb 16, 2011
Ignore him, i dont know why his ranting on about zune and WM6.5

But he is right in that this is covered on here already
Try searching for "200MB" on the search this forum tool, heres a couple to get you started.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10719128&postcount=6

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=923153&highlight=storage+reduced+to+200MB

hi, dazza.. i took your advice and i got my sd card reformatted to 16GB. but, now my hd2 with wp7 gives me an error that says :

storage card not working.
your storge card has changes, is damaged, or is non-compliant.
to fix this, turn off your phone and either remove the storage card or replace it with a new compliant card. then youll need to reset your phone to the original factory settings.
"

so what how can i fix this?

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
hi, dazza.. i took your advice and i got my sd card reformatted to 16GB. but, now my hd2 with wp7 gives me an error that says :

to fix this, turn off your phone and either remove the storage card or replace it with a new compliant card. then youll need to reset your phone to the original factory settings.
"

ah yes, sorry bit of an assumption made there! you will need to hard reset and install again, or reflash, its up to you, on the positive side, with only 200mb storage you'll not have lost much. your activation code if you have one should still work

Richy99

Nov 16, 2009

"

you need to reflash the rom as wp7 foramts and partitions the card during setup, if you change the sd card then wp7 loses its settings and you need to reinstall

koolxx

Feb 16, 2011
ah yes, sorry bit of an assumption made there! you will need to hard reset and install again, or reflash, its up to you, on the positive side, with only 200mb storage you'll not have lost much. your activation code if you have one should still work

hi, dazza.. thanks for the reply. but thats ok... i'll be getting an hd7 soon. i'm just going to install android on this phone and sell it. best thing i can do now.

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
no thanks.. i've had it with this phone. i'm going to get an hd7.

The Hd7 will become king of the hill once they crack it wide open, theres little difference between the two of them but the HD7 with its more vibrant screen does look a bit better. I still long for the day someone can get WM booting of an SD card, via magldr that is. however in saying all of that, dispite the HD2s drawbacks i still think it has the edge at the moment, purely because there is little that wont work with it, but least you gave it a shot. Good luck with the HD7

rauschkugl

Dec 23, 2009
well if you would have read what your doing when installing windows phone 7 you would have known that this happens.

windows phone 7 doesn't support sd cards, thats why the card is formatted when installing it and you have only 200mb left. the rest of the card is in wp7s discformat and you can use it as your internal storage.
so when you farmatted your sd card to get back your 16gb as fat partition you deleted system files of wp7 that were on the card. that's why this error occured.

if you would read the instructions in the rom threads and the stickies you would have known all this. everything is clear and easy when you inform yourself before starting with something and there are a lot of threads explaining everything in detail.