[AOSC] Android Open Source Compiler

Search This thread

lithid-cm

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Android Open Source Compiler
Build Android with a gui.
This project will be a continuous battle. Which is why I decided to not "package" this in terms of distro. I have written a make file and instructions on how to build this very easily. This way, you can't always get the latest code from either they master (unstable) branch or the Stable (stable) branch. Plus no harm in teaching you little bit of git.:p

Use the poll to gauge project priority, also mention more projects so I can add them to the polls.

M0o6R.png

Known issues:
- When using the options dropdown, you can't choose the same option twice in a row. I am aware and working on it.
- Apparently there are some issues with the adb options. Please let me know if this is the case.

Please read:
I have thought maybe times different ways I was going to go about this. Ads, donate version, paid app, etc. I choose to keep the project open, as that's how I roll. I do ask that if you enjoy the application that you try to donate something. This was my first gui project and took a lot of time and effort to even get it to where it is right now. I hope everyone enjoys the app as much as I enjoy working on it.

Install/Info | Source code | Bugs

You can follow me on google+ I tend to talk about it a bit on there as well.

Last edited:

Roladriz

Apr 5, 2010
1st :)

Lithid, thanks for your hard work man. I'll definitely be checking this out when I feel a little more comfortable doing things manually. I think this is an awesome project and just want you to know that I appreciate your help and involvement with android.

PalmerCurling

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2011
id love to try both CMC and AOSC, but i use a yum based system. is there a way to get this to work on a yum based system, specifically fedora?

tr82691

Sep 15, 2010
Whittier
is it me or is it just impossible to build AOKP for TMO S3??? can't build no matter what tutorial i try

Johnsondr80

Dec 13, 2010
Tuscaloosa
I like this project. And with your permission sir I would like to add AoCP to the modified aosp list.
Perhaps fork it to my Git and get it set up to Work with our source?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mDroidd

forceu

Jun 23, 2010
It doesn't seem like it is possible to integrate own drivers (eg for porting to other devices). Or am I missing something?

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
id love to try both CMC and AOSC, but i use a yum based system. is there a way to get this to work on a yum based system, specifically fedora?
I am working on rpm support. I don't use rpm distros, currently installing fedora on a vm to get it working.

I like this project. And with your permission sir I would like to add AoCP to the modified aosp list.

Hell yea, the whole point is to add in as many projects as possible. This way, users are able to download this software and check out available projects very easily. Look forward to working with you on getting it implemented.

Reactions: ph.miki

tr82691

Sep 15, 2010
Whittier
Even when compiling for CM it doesnt build for D2TMO... what gives??

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Even when compiling for CM it doesnt build for D2TMO... what gives??

Mind being a little more descriptive?

If your specific device is having issues compiling, then you either need to figure out the issue and commit it to cm, find out what is wrong with specific steps like if ./extract-files.sh isn't working. Overtime this might be able to overcome every possible mishap, but doubtful. It is a work in progress and if issues do arise, I need a little more information so I can try and find a solution.

Last edited:

tr82691

Sep 15, 2010
Whittier
A couple of times building for the TMO S3 I got two different errors. One is the kernel not being built. Second is it asks me if I have the correct manifest. Happens on both CM and AOKP. I have created a local_manifest file and inputed the kernel info for my device from CM but still no luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Open Source Compiler
    Build Android with a gui.
    This project will be a continuous battle. Which is why I decided to not "package" this in terms of distro. I have written a make file and instructions on how to build this very easily. This way, you can't always get the latest code from either they master (unstable) branch or the Stable (stable) branch. Plus no harm in teaching you little bit of git.:p

Use the poll to gauge project priority, also mention more projects so I can add them to the polls.

M0o6R.png

Known issues:
    - When using the options dropdown, you can't choose the same option twice in a row. I am aware and working on it.
    - Apparently there are some issues with the adb options. Please let me know if this is the case.

Please read:
    I have thought maybe times different ways I was going to go about this. Ads, donate version, paid app, etc. I choose to keep the project open, as that's how I roll. I do ask that if you enjoy the application that you try to donate something. This was my first gui project and took a lot of time and effort to even get it to where it is right now. I hope everyone enjoys the app as much as I enjoy working on it.

Install/Info | Source code | Bugs

You can follow me on google+ I tend to talk about it a bit on there as well.

I am working on rpm support. I don't use rpm distros, currently installing fedora on a vm to get it working.

Hell yea, the whole point is to add in as many projects as possible. This way, users are able to download this software and check out available projects very easily. Look forward to working with you on getting it implemented.
    so how would i add a specific repository...such as the sts dev team kexec jb aokp?...this looks like a very nice tool but imma have to spend some time figuring it out
    And how to fix this????
    Make sure adb is running. Make sure its found in your path. If you setup adb in the same session as when you setup this tool a reboot should solve it. If you are still having adb issues move adb to /usr/local/sbin/.

Adb is needed to run in order for cyanogenmods extract-files.sh to work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium