So, is the official ICS out or not?

Search This thread

thenext1

May 21, 2006
Hi all

I have this simple question, on behalf of those that, like me, didn't stay updated with all the developments after leak 1: has the official ICS OTA for AT&T been released?

Thank you!
E.

daavvis

Feb 19, 2012
Fyi its looking like the ota will be Identical to leak 2

---daavvis---

deveshmanish

Sep 22, 2012
New Delhi
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 6

Well the soak test which was done by Motorola was found to be same as the second leak.It's build date,md5 sums everything is a match.so untill and unless there are some major bugs in the soak test version(which actually is running pretty smooth),there would be no major changes in the final OTA released.so yeah you can assume that the OTA will be same as the second leak.

Sent from my MB865 running on ICS Leak 2# :(

Well, I am running an ATT Atrix 2 on leak #1 (SCv7), when I go to System - About phone - System updates I get a message that says Update available with a version number of 67.21.125. I did not sign up for the Soak test, so that tells me that there is an update available. Maybe you guys should try checking on your phones to see if there is an update available.

deveshmanish

Sep 22, 2012
New Delhi
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 6
Well, I am running an ATT Atrix 2 on leak #1 (SCv7), when I go to System - About phone - System updates I get a message that says Update available with a version number of 67.21.125. I did not sign up for the Soak test, so that tells me that there is an update available. Maybe you guys should try checking on your phones to see if there is an update available.

Well that my friend is what leak 2 is.i don't know if you already know this but actually the update u'r talking about has been around for over a month and a half.that update or leak 2 or soak test all are the same 67.21.125 with a build date of Fri Aug 31, 18:50:08 CDT 2012.the only difference between them is the source they were obtained from.leak 2 was pulled from Motorola servers thanks to project cheesecake.while when leak 1 was "leaked" AT&T released an OTA Update to make the leak official and removed a few bugs.so that is what u'r seeing in the system updates right now.and these were matched with the soak test version and were found to be the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: daavvis

daavvis

Feb 19, 2012
Well the soak test which was done by Motorola was found to be same as the second leak.It's build date,md5 sums everything is a match.so untill and unless there are some major bugs in the soak test version(which actually is running pretty smooth),there would be no major changes in the final OTA released.so yeah you can assume that the OTA will be same as the second leak.

And thats how i can say that lol ;)

---daavvis---

kodalidatta

Feb 12, 2011
Karlskrona
Contacted motorola yesterday. and i was told that the soak test was started on 25th September and after successful completion of soak test, the OTA will be out in batched in 5 to 7 days. Have a look at the Help application in your mobile phone. it already shows videos and tutorials on Android 4.0. Wake up guys. we are going to hear the good news very soon. Motorola was successful to complete the ICS update in Q3 as promised for all the world except for a delay for ATT who customizes the Rom and apps for it self. but the soak test have started in Q3 for ATT too.. lets hope for the best to happen.

dk-v1

Dec 28, 2011
Baton Rouge
Contacted motorola yesterday. and i was told that the soak test was started on 25th September and after successful completion of soak test, the OTA will be out in batched in 5 to 7 days. Have a look at the Help application in your mobile phone. it already shows videos and tutorials on Android 4.0. Wake up guys. we are going to hear the good news very soon. Motorola was successful to complete the ICS update in Q3 as promised for all the world except for a delay for ATT who customizes the Rom and apps for it self. but the soak test have started in Q3 for ATT too.. lets hope for the best to happen.

The SOAK test is still going on. It has nothing to do with AT&T...

There are issues with the battery draining very fast and moto is currently trying to fix it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well that my friend is what leak 2 is.i don't know if you already know this but actually the update u'r talking about has been around for over a month and a half.that update or leak 2 or soak test all are the same 67.21.125 with a build date of Fri Aug 31, 18:50:08 CDT 2012.the only difference between them is the source they were obtained from.leak 2 was pulled from Motorola servers thanks to project cheesecake.while when leak 1 was "leaked" AT&T released an OTA Update to make the leak official and removed a few bugs.so that is what u'r seeing in the system updates right now.and these were matched with the soak test version and were found to be the same.

Ah snap! I was hoping you had done inside scoop :)

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app

No, actually alteredlikeness and I are the ones who examined them both and found that the soak/ota is the same as leak 2, and we posted the info the day the soak went out.
    Maybe the official OTA is actually here? Came across this: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=43493
    Anyone on GB check their system updates today?
    Yes, the official OTA has been released today.

http://blogs.att.net/consumerblog/story/a7784815
    Just got it..

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium