Post CM10.2 install

Search This thread

blindguyinanorgy

Jul 19, 2008
Altanta
Normally when I flash my internal SD card info remains. After going from touchwiz 4.1.2 to CM 10.2 I lost all of that data. When I go to the storage settings it shows an avaiable space that is about what it should be if my data wasnt there, but those usage groupings dont see it.

Is there any chance that it is still there?

Also I seem to have lost CWM again. Am I doing something wrong when I flash that makes it go away?

Last edited:

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Normally when I flash my internal SD card info remains. After going from OTA 4.2 to CM 10.2 I lost all of that data. When I go to the storage settings it shows an avaiable space that is about what it should be if my data wasnt there, but those usage groupings dont see it.

Also I seem to have lost CWM again. Am I doing something wrong when I flash that makes it go away?

With a file explorer, look in /data/media for your touchwiz 4.1.2 data then move it to /0/sdcard. Beginning with JB 4.2, Google introduced multi-user support into android so there is a /0 folder designating the primary user and an additional user on the device would be /1. Your internal storage is now /0/sdcard and anything from VRBMF1 4.1.2 is located in /data/media and is unseen by the system.

Reactions: blindguyinanorgy

blindguyinanorgy

Jul 19, 2008
Altanta
Great! Now, about your CWM question. What is going on? When you flash a custom rom, Cyanogen in this case, later booting into recovery takes you to....what exactly?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

I cant get it to boot into recovery. It like its not there any more.

So I found my files and moved them using root explorer. I can see them in RE but when I connect to my computer I cant see them. Is there a refresh period or something?

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
I cant get it to boot into recovery. It like its not there any more.

So I found my files and moved them using root explorer. I can see them in RE but when I connect to my computer I cant see them. Is there a refresh period or something?

There must be, because I can see a couple folders now. I dont remember it working like this before. Is there anyway to speed it up?

Idk. I don't plug up my phone into my computer cuz I always use my sd card.

With the phone powered off, hold volume up, home, and power until it vibrates then let go of only the power button. What happens from there?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Normally when I flash my internal SD card info remains. After going from OTA 4.2 to CM 10.2 I lost all of that data. When I go to the storage settings it shows an avaiable space that is about what it should be if my data wasnt there, but those usage groupings dont see it.

With a file explorer, look in /data/media for your touchwiz 4.1.2 data then move it to /0/sdcard. Beginning with JB 4.2, Google introduced multi-user support into android so there is a /0 folder designating the primary user and an additional user on the device would be /1. Your internal storage is now /0/sdcard and anything from VRBMF1 4.1.2 is located in /data/media and is unseen by the system.
    thank you that worked!