Animation Scale (in Dev Options) keep turning on by itself?!

Search This thread

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
To reduce lag, I always enabled the "Developer Options" and turned off the following:

- Window animation scale
- Transition animation scale

I keep "Animator duration scale" because in Samsung phone, it will CRASH Touchwiz if I re-arrange apps inside the folder.

Anyways, for the T-Mobile Note 3, I have set Transition animation scale to ZERO (0). However, randomly, it will turn back to ONE (1).

Anybody know what caused this? I am more concerned with some sort of background Samsung service/process is running that caused this, which may lead to worse battery life.

You can also test this by doing the above.

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
Not sure how to fix it. But I know some roms fix the issue. Wicked v5 didn't have this issue, and now I'm on Jedi and it also doesn't have the issue.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Dmr6064

Jul 14, 2023
I have a Google pixel 3xl that does the same thing randomly about once a month or less, maybe every 6 weeks or so. I honestly think Google, and other manufacturers somehow are able to do this on older phones to slow the crap out of your phone and to trick ppl into thinking they need a new phone. Or who knows maybe their it's a built in clock that turns it on, IDK, I just know I've turned it off probably 15 times since I've owned it, and it didn't do it in the beginning, seemed like it started about a year or so after I bought it. I honestly think it's too purposely slow your phone down, and you can't convince me otherwise. Why else would all 3 animation options be turned up to 10x the max settings, automatically at random, thus taxing the hell out of your GPU/CPU. I just know it's annoying as hell and I would love to be able to disable it permanently without loading a custom ROM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think it resets to 1 when you open the camera

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk