[ROM][Official][otus] LineageOS 14.1 for Moto E 3G

Search This thread

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
hello

please scroll up only like 3 post and you will find the answer for your question ..no it isn't my problem alone all the people has the same problem which is again ( WIFI keep disconnecting after 30-25 of a continuous use such as games or movies or even sometimes normal whatsapp call )

and as if I report the problem to the developers on the link you gave me ... I couldn't cause I removed the rom form my mobile and installed 5.1.1 until the problem is fixed in lineage os I cant keep formatting my mobile every day as I said in earlier post to me wifi is most important thing in mobile .. I dont even care if the camera is not working but for me wifi is the most important

finaly I am asking people who detect the problem to again say that they have it so developer will know the issue is general and not only me

and as always thanks alot for the great effort

You want something fixed but you've not submitted helpful bug report with logs. This is not how things work in development forums. If you want something fixed then log it and report it properly. There is no debate about what comprises a proper bug report. If you are not doing that then you are just complaining. Dressing up the complaints as if you are "seeing if others have the same problem" makes them no better, in fact that is also considered off topic in development threads. If you submit a proper report, especially at Jira, you'll find that others will also test and report it. I would be glad to test it myself but you've given no reason for others do so. If you dont have time to bug test then fair enough but then please still respect the purposes of development threads and XDA rules by refraining from the off topic complaining.

Last edited:

olkdau

Apr 22, 2017
You want something fixed but you've not submitted helpful bug report with logs. This is not how things work in development forums. If you want something fixed then log it and report it properly. There is no debate about what comprises a proper bug report. If you are not doing that then you are just complaining. Dressing up the complaints as if you are "seeing if others have the same problem" makes them no better, in fact that is also considered off topic in development threads. If you submit a proper report, especially at Jira, you'll find that others will also test and report it. I would be glad to test it myself but you've given no reason for others do so. If you dont have time to bug test then fair enough but then please still respect the purposes of development threads and XDA rules by refraining from the off topic complaining.

This is a bug and I said before I can't report it in any other way than here and no it isn't off topic to report a problem here for the same ROM .. You are just repeating the same questions .. Leave my post and argue with another you are not helping

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
please don't confuse the developers with saying there is no problem with WIFI cause there is ... and I will show you now how to detect it

1 install any game that requires active internet connection
2 play with this game not less than 30 minutes
3 notice when the game disconnect drag down the bar up and you will find the wireless network is gone completely
4 wait a couple of seconds the wifi will connect again normaly and give you like another 20 minutes this time
5 sometime keep doing this and the wifi will begin acting crazy dropping by the minute

I am using the latest build 14.1-20170427

which sadly has the same exact problem

my mobile phone is otus XT1506 8GB P3

If no-one who claims to experience this can submit a proper bug report then it is not an issue. Simple as that.

Dexter_S

Jun 29, 2013
Kolkata
Volume issue with WiFi

I have been busy for a while to report one really annoying bug that have been pestering me for a long time. I don;t know if anyone else have faced the same problem. When I'm listening to any audio stream i.e. music player, youtube or a video via headphone, the volume suddenly jumps to maximum if the phone connects to an wifi network. And as others have mentioned earlier, the wifi disconnection issue persists. Though in my case it rarely happens, so it is really difficult to produce a log. But the volume issue is really easy. I'm attaching a log file.

Attachments

• 2017-05-15-10-57-08.txt
    33.5 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: IronTechmonkey

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I have been busy for a while to report one really annoying bug that have been pestering me for a long time. I don;t know if anyone else have faced the same problem. When I'm listening to any audio stream i.e. music player, youtube or a video via headphone, the volume suddenly jumps to maximum if the phone connects to an wifi network. And as others have mentioned earlier, the wifi disconnection issue persists. Though in my case it rarely happens, so it is really difficult to produce a log. But the volume issue is really easy. I'm attaching a log file.

I'm not a dev but there is a line in the log shortly after what seems to be wifi connection where it says "...changed STREAM_MUSIC 15". 15 is the standard maximum value for media stream (as well as some others including BT voice) so that is probably the point at which the issue is occurring.

This really might be worth creating a jira ticket for at https://jira.lineageos.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa. I know that is bit of work but it would expose the issue to more rigorous development scrutiny and allow others who can reproduce it to vote on it and add notes. If bluetooth headset is involved this may actually relate to an existing issue there as well.

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

I make this bug reports from the dev options, one with the wifi bug present and another without, I hope this help to solve it.

As with the issue mentioned in the previous post, it might be good if this could be turned into a jira ticket as described above.

Dexter_S

Jun 29, 2013
Kolkata
I'm not a dev but there is a line in the log shortly after what seems to be wifi connection where it says "...changed STREAM_MUSIC 15". 15 is the standard maximum value for media stream (as well as some others including BT voice) so that is probably the point at which the issue is occurring.

This really might be worth creating a jira ticket for at https://jira.lineageos.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa. I know that is bit of work but it would expose the issue to more rigorous development scrutiny and allow others who can reproduce it to vote on it and add notes. If bluetooth headset is involved this may actually relate to an existing issue there as well.

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

As with the issue mentioned in the previous post, it might be good if this could be turned into a jira ticket as described above.

I will do that tonight. I just wanted to point this out if someone else have faced the same issue.

Reactions: IronTechmonkey

Skazzy3

Jan 9, 2012
Hey I haven't been following the scene for a while. Is the Verizon model XT1528 supported?

friveroll

Sep 7, 2016

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170521-221838.png
    Screenshot_20170521-221838.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 305
  • Screenshot_20170521-222126.png
    Screenshot_20170521-222126.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 308
Reactions: impulsar

forgedinmars

Mar 31, 2016
I just install 14.1-20170518-NIGHTLY-otus and does not have the WiFi bug.

Edit: The bug is still there. Albeit it is acting a little differently when it comes to the frequency and the mode of dealing with the error. Now it disconnects and reconnects on its own sometimes but fails to reconnect sometimes. But it does disconnect for sure.

Last edited:

nabajyoti_bera

Feb 29, 2016
Kolkata
I installed 14.1-20170525 nightly otus

evry thing work very nice ...except one problemmmm

It being Restart suddenly when calling by any calling apps like whatsapp skype also happening on mobile calling....

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

I installed 14.1-20170525 nightly otus

evry thing work very nice ...except one problemmmm

It being Restart suddenly when calling by any calling apps like whatsapp skype also happening on mobile calling....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3AjGvOY.png

I have brought LineageOS 14.1 to otus. LineageOS is effectively a continuation of the CyanogenMod project. This is the thread for official weekly builds.

Downloads:
    Official weekly builds
    Lineage su addon

Changelog:
    cmxlog official nightly changelogs

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for Moto E 3G (otus), ROM for the Moto E 2015

Contributors
    squid2, LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-09-11
    Last Updated 2017-01-26
    This may be a bigger change than just that, such as devices being dependent on individual developers, unable to rely on jenkins and other stuff so after Dec 31 no more cohesive runs of nighltys for all devices. We'll have to stay tuned.

More info: https://www.xda-developers.com/the-death-of-cyangenmod-and-whats-in-store-for-the-future/

The whole CyanogenMod development community is moving over to the Lineage fork. From a user perspective, the fork is effectively a name change to avoid conflict with Cyanogen trademarks. Our goal is to preserve backwards compatibility with CyanogenMod, so that you can upgrade (dirty flash) directly from CyanogenMod 14.1 to Lineage 14.1. We still intend to have official builds. However, given the end of corporate backing, there will likely be fewer build servers, and so we may be switching to weekly builds instead of nightly builds. I don't think that will be much of an inconvenience to users, as day to day changes are usually quite small.
    Official Nightlies

I have migrated the official nightly builds for otus and condor over to CM14.1. Expect to see the first builds some time tomorrow.
    September 14 Release

I've posted a new build with the latest CM sources. Apart from updating a few camera libraries to avoid linker hacks, I haven't changed much on the device specific end. However, there has been a fair bit of progress on CM 14 over the past few days. Most noteworthy is the merging of the Android 7.0.0 r6 tag that includes all the latest security and bug fixes from Google. Other noteworthy fixes include the setup wizard, and having LiveDisplay switch normally between day and night mode. I've also included a few legacy RIL related patches - I'm curious if these have any impact on Dual SIM devices. As usual, the download link is on the first post.

With regards to surnia, don't worry, I will be supporting you too. It just takes time - I can't do everything at once.
    December 7 Build

A new build is up on the first post. It's CM14.1, including Android 7.1.1. This build is stable enough for daily use.