Can't root - firmware too new??

Search This thread

mpetruzz

Nov 25, 2010
Just got a Dinc, coming from a DX. Trying to root using Unrevoked. I updated the drivers via the instructions on their site and it went fine. Ran Unrevoked and it went through the whole process of rebooting and then I get an error message saying "process failed - is your firmware too new". I have 2.2 and from what I've read I've done everything correctly and others have gotten this to work. I have the phone in disk drive mode.

Any suggestions??

rigman

Jul 3, 2010
Kings Mountain
I don't think you're suppose to be in drive mode. Try in Charge Only mode.

g00s3y

May 2, 2009
Fort Myers
www.twitter.com
Just got a Dinc, coming from a DX. Trying to root using Unrevoked. I updated the drivers via the instructions on their site and it went fine. Ran Unrevoked and it went through the whole process of rebooting and then I get an error message saying "process failed - is your firmware too new". I have 2.2 and from what I've read I've done everything correctly and others have gotten this to work. I have the phone in disk drive mode.

Any suggestions??

The program says “Error: failed to get root. Is your firmware too new?”
If you're on EVO 4G, we've seen this happen with some applications from the market that cause incompatibilities; try uninstalling other apps. If you're on Wildfire, then the message is as it suggests; your firmware is in fact too new, and has the vulnerability that we use to get root patched. Sorry.

http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/unrevoked3

wpbear

Nov 27, 2006
Columbus, GA
I got 2 refurb DX last week and rooted no problem. I think I was using unrevoked v3.3

One thing I hate about Windows though is that every time a different device (even though same model requiring same drivers) is plugged in it takes 15 min to install all the drivers again. Why can't windows see an ADR6300 and use the last driver install??????