[APP] [1.6+] [17/05/13] Phono 1.7b - The operator widget (CDMA & GSM)

Search This thread

apus2

Mar 24, 2010
Milan
It amazes me, in our test it was always ok, the logo will appears at the first signal strenght update....do you have a widget placed on your home? Is the upgrade installed on device (not sd)?
Let me know, thanks

ivangs1

Feb 21, 2011
Sofia
It amazes me, in our test it was always ok, the logo will appears at the first signal strenght update....do you have a widget placed on your home? Is the upgrade installed on device (not sd)?
Let me know, thanks

Please ignore my previous post.

After the second restart everything is OK now.

apus2

Mar 24, 2010
Milan
Phono note

Please note: the last update (1.5d) included honeycomb fix, this caused some problem on some Samsung devices (logo not shows at the devices start), it will be fix soon and honeycomb fix will be optionally in preferences activity.
Thanks

apus2

Mar 24, 2010
Milan
Phono 1.5e (fast) Update

This is a fast update only for to fix occasional logo disappaerance on some devices, from this release Honeycomb fix (caused the issue) is optionally, for default it is disabled.
I would remember you that Honeycomb fix was usefull for to disable the statusbar update at every signal strenght change, If you want it enabled you need to set it on activity preferences.

Reactions: kbxdauser2011

kbxdauser2011

Aug 6, 2011
THANKS for his Really Brilliant App!

Dear developer friend can u plz put the Airtel(india) logo for Airtel MNC 40556 ?
Needless to say,this widget/app of yours is just BRILLIANT, Really useful & has Got No better alternatives,just the kind of thing i wanted....sadly,i'm just lacking on the operator logo!
if,i get that, Nothing Better,as it is already on my 1st(primary) Homescreen!
All the THANKS ! :)

user28

May 9, 2010
Hi,

Thanks for the great app. I just found out something. I was playing around with this app and put a widget on the home screen. After a while i removed the widget from the homescreen and found the service is still running in the background. Tried to kill the service but again it is starting by itself. I had checked the app preferences but found nothing in this regard. Am I missing anything here to kill the app? Is there a way to kill the app and start it again when needed?

My phone: LG Optimus one P500
Phono version: 1.5

apus2

Mar 24, 2010
Milan
Hi, thanks to appreciate it, about your "problem" there isn't a running service for Phono, unlike other similar applications Phono use the system service, as well as this does not affect much the consumption of battery, saves RAM.
Phono start it self when signal strength change and stop it self after the widget update.
Don't be worry about the battery consuption, it's minimal, I (and others guys) done several test about.
Obviously more unstable is your line (eg: 3g nets) more power is needed on your device.
Hope this help, otherwise contact me without any problems.

apus2

Mar 24, 2010
Milan
Phono 1.5f Update

No news again for the sgs2 issue, please follow this discussion: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=18336 it isn't a Phono issue....

Note: sorry I missed to add Airtel(india) logo for Airtel MNC 40556, if somebody needs it please send me a pm I will send the release contains it.
Sorry again!:eek:

Here the changelog:

Moved Phono notification from notification area to ongoing area (hope it will be less annoying)
Added landscape activity layout (thanks to Werner for ICONIA A501 test)
Added APN infos in the activity

New logos:
Qatar:
Qtel 42701
Vodafone 42702

USA:
Virgin Mobile US 310053

Changed logos:
Belgian:
Telenet instead of Globus

Improved/fixed logos:
Italy, Greek and Canadain:
Wind logos will be improved (thanks to Tommaso for testing)

kbxdauser2011

Aug 6, 2011
No news again for the sgs2 issue, please follow this discussion: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=18336 it isn't a Phono issue....

Note: sorry I missed to add Airtel(india) logo for Airtel MNC 40556, if somebody needs it please send me a pm I will send the release contains it.
Sorry again!:eek:

Here the changelog:

Moved Phono notification from notification area to ongoing area (hope it will be less annoying)
Added landscape activity layout (thanks to Werner for ICONIA A501 test)
Added APN infos in the activity

New logos:
Qatar:
Qtel 42701
Vodafone 42702

USA:
Virgin Mobile US 310053

Changed logos:
Belgian:
Telenet instead of Globus

Improved/fixed logos:
Italy, Greek and Canadain:
Wind logos will be improved (thanks to Tommaso for testing)

i was expecting for my request 'Honestly' Airtel(india) logo for Airtel MNC 40556,if u can make it, all the Best! Anyway, Thanks a ton for making this great app & more so updating it regularly!
y.g.p.m!

Last edited:

kbxdauser2011

Aug 6, 2011
eccellente !!!..... Working Perfect at last with the Airtel Logo...& yes indeed i'm VERY Happy ! :)
More than a Brilliant App Developer ,you r indeed a Very Good Human Being who cares to listen to every1's request & reply equally & sincerely! May ur "Phono" & all other meticulousy developed apps be in the Best,TopMost popular app list of the android world!

apus2

Mar 24, 2010
Milan
Phono 1.5g Update

Again no news about SGS2 else some users report Phono works fine with:
KH3 2.3.4 - Kernel Ninphetamine 2.13
KI3 2.3.5 unofficial stock ROM (the device is only rooted)

News:
Optionally choose the notification position in preferences between Ongoing area (default) and Notification area.
Fixed phone number input for device with physical keyboard.
Added new menu "directly logos & support request".

New logos:
India Vodafone 40484, Airtel 40445, 40556
Maroccan Meditel 6040
China China Mobile 4600
Spain Simyo 21419

Improved/changed logos:
Ukrain Ukrtelecome 25507
Thailand AIS 52001,52023

apus2

Mar 24, 2010
Milan
Ciao red_vex, in che modo lo vorresti migliorato? (dimensione, background o altro)
Se hai un logo migliore mandamelo (40x40 png).

Hi red_vex, in which way should i improve it? (size, background or . . . )
If you have a better logo for it send me (40x40 png).

About your question for sgs2 issue the next release will not fix it cause it isn't a Phono issue. . . I'm really sorry for that! :(
please refer here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=18336

Thanks

Last edited:

apus2

Mar 24, 2010
Milan
Phono 1.6a support mvno!

Hi all, i'm glad to inform you about the Phono update (1.6a).
Though there isn't good news about the SGS2 issue Phono 1.6a has some important news, indeed,
through the new methods to link the logos it support the mvno.

4menulogohelper.png
5logohelper.png

Here a short description of the available methods:

Standard:
this method is suggested to everybody hasn't issue with the logo.

Operator name: [new]
the operator name is retrieved from network, usually is the carrier where the phone is hooked.
This method is very similar to the standard, useful if your mcc-mnc isn't inserted.

Custom operator name: [new]
this method retreive the logo information by the operator name inserted by the customer in the preferences.
This method isn't suggested because is a static method, Phono isn't able to understand the carrier change (if not in roaming),
we suggest to use it only if your carrier is a mvno and doesn't shows the right operator
name trought the network (method 2).
Remember to set the custom operator name in the activity preferences
Please do not use local charset to use this method (eg: cyrillic, Thai, Indi or any non standard characters)

Line name: [new]
the method retrieve the operator name from the sim, normally this field is empty but I noted some
MVNO uses to write there the carrier name.
This method can be use alternatively to the method 3.
Beware because is a static method, Phono isn't able to understand the carrier change (if not in roaming), we suggest
to use it only if your carrier is a mvno and doesn't shows the right operator name through the
network (method 2).

tips: Use logo helper in the activity menu

some useful help link:
How to use the new methods
How to set mvno

Note:
if your carrier isn't inserted as mnc please use the operator name method ;)

Thanks

apus2

Mar 24, 2010
Milan
Phono 1.6b Update

New on 1.6b

Added ability to use the name operator method in roaming,
that's is usefull for all the carriers uses his own operator name and
goes in roaming (eg Fido, some russian or indian operators).

New supported logos:

RedBull Mobile (mvno)
BT (name based)
Reliance (name based)
Videotron 302500, 302510
Bell (name based)
NTC 25016
ETK 25005
!dea 40419
My Celcom 50219
Telkomsel 51010
XL 51011
Axis 51008
Sri Dialog 4132
Omnitel 24601
Ezys (mvno)
Unitè 2595
Mobily 4203
Tuntel 6052
Megakom 4375
China Unicom 4601

Improved logos

Tim (finalmente!!)
Wind (tentativo...)

Restored logos:
Thailand
TH GSM was acquired by AIS, but many users miss it...
..so restored as name based logo, rememeber to choose the right metods!!
NB AIS logos are actives and full supported in standard method.

Here a video to learn how to set the right logo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ6Qlk0Gwc0

Top Liked Posts