Xiaomi mi box problem

Search This thread

achillesgk

Apr 24, 2011
Hi, I have problem which I can't explain. When I am trying to play my movies from the nas (synology), many of times is not playing. I see the circle and stuck there. When I restart the box, it's ok for once, until I want to see another movie. Then i have to restart the box again. I dont have the same problem with other players such as bs or vlc. I am curious what is going wrong.

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Hi, I have problem which I can't explain. When I am trying to play my movies from the nas (synology), many of times is not playing. I see the circle and stuck there. When I restart the box, it's ok for once, until I want to see another movie. Then i have to restart the box again. I dont have the same problem with other players such as bs or vlc. I am curious what is going wrong.

just wait for a while. then goto help > bug report. Save the bug report to sdcard & share here.
for more info read the sticky thread about how to report a bug.

ak313

Oct 25, 2015
tehran

hi dear I have got the problem with player in mi box.. how can I install custom codec

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Thanks for your help! I have installed the custom codec and i think it works better now.

Custom codecs are just customized FFmpeg libraries & will not improve anything functionally on network streaming.
probably, there might be some other issues which got fixed automatically.

ak313

Oct 25, 2015
tehran
I have downloaded a ts file from iptv server ( in windows) and transferred it to mi box.. unfortunately mi box video player did not play it while xmtv player can play it.. If I can make system video player can play that ts file i can use of my iptv app.. which does not work on mi box.. I am sure that's about system default codec.. and I do not know how can I change and work with media_codecs.xml in /system/etc/media_codecs.xml

ak313

Oct 25, 2015
tehran
I have almost found the problem and need help for resolve it..
as I knew.. problem happens because of width and height of some videos..it is important for me to play this samples with Mi Mdeiapalyer app..as system player..
system player can not play these .....although they could be played by other players such as mx player.. I give you three sample of those videos
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-8Hbvj4S2EMREdUSjN3UE5UMEE
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-8Hbvj4S2EMSWV3OHg4eks5TGM
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-8Hbvj4S2EMbFk1REpyRlZrTDA

Anthony2018

Jun 28, 2018
Mi box 3 Oreo update volume slider bug

Is anyone else getting just a white volume slider the blue dot appears but the icons are whited out its suppose to look like the slider from MM. I noticed it because when I got close to it I saw a faint media and volume symbol. Is there a way to fix that. I already reset with no success

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Is anyone else getting just a white volume slider the blue dot appears but the icons are whited out its suppose to look like the slider from MM. I noticed it because when I got close to it I saw a faint media and volume symbol. Is there a way to fix that. I already reset with no success

Hi,

This is a firmware bug. MX Player has nothing to do with it. Kindly post it in the appropriate subforum.