[HOW-TO] Come back from JB to GB

Search This thread

wiseman911

Feb 13, 2013
Reset CSC to be able to update through Kies

Welcome . New thread with tutorial how to come back from JB to GB .
First you need Odin to flash your phone . If you're here you propably have got one :) . I recomend 3.04 or higher or 1.86 version .
1.Connect your phone to PC with Odin Flash Mode (home+ volume down + power during start )
2.In the Odin select PIT , CSC , PDA Files from pack :
http://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=CXISs198rZIJtpzWXood+waVEXcxGbW4T1iWMkicox0=

http://d-h.st/AZN
It's only one rom with all working files i found in the internet .
It's Rom for Russia (SEB) and will change your region code .
3. Flash :)
4.Welcome on GB again :) . For sure to the time of full release of JB :) .

PIT File only :
https://www.box.com/s/1e4su0r4h3n0xl5ae8r7
(You can try to flash one file rom . It's can work . Maybe . But more safe metod is using full SEB Rom )

FIRST YOU NEED TO FLASH USING SEB ROM IN POST , THEN ANY GB YOU WANT !
Q and A
1.Did I can flash any GB ROM using one file rom and the added PIT File ?
A:No , you can't . First you need reflash your phone using russian 3 file rom , after this you can do everything you want .
2. It's working ?
If you know what is Odin , how to flash and doing everything like in this how to , for sure this is working :) .

Hi michael_ag, and many thanks for the guide. I had only one issue that I will explain how to solve.
If you install the GB rom that you provide (with PIT, CSC, etc.) and after that you install any other ROM, the country code will remain SER. This will prevent you to update the phone over Kies.
For example, after i flashed the russian ROM and after that i flashed the ROM I8160NELE1 (that has CSC=HUI), by dialing *#1234# I noticed that the CSC was correct (CSC=I8160HUILD2) , but when I connected the phone through Kies, it said "Update not available through Kies" (or something like that). By dialing *#272*phone IMEI# (which is the code used to change the CSC) I noticed that the CSC was still set as SER. In order to reset the country code, I wiped data and cache through custom recovery, and after that the CSC came back to normal and now I can update the phone again through Samsung Kies. Please add this in your guide. Oh, thanks again for the guide to go back to GB :beer:

Reactions: BajoPrimate

wiseman911

Feb 13, 2013
Last edited:

Ava.tar

Jan 29, 2012
Portsmouth
Another way to fix the csc issue.. when you install your countries firmware, choose an old version, then do an OTA upgrade to a newer GB firmware and it will then be recognised by kies.

MrXJKz

Aug 25, 2012
It's work if I use this to back GB on my 8160P ? I didn't use the NFC, it's useless for me.
Can I go back to GB with this, loose NFC, and back to a good game performance ?

LaXiS96

Mar 26, 2013
laxis.it
Well... flashed SEB files and now the CSC can't be changed from KOR (with the *#272*IMEI# code)...
AND YOU, OP, SHOULD HAVE REMEMBERED PEOPLE TO BACKUP EFS/MODEMFS BEFORE DOWNGRADING!!!
Flashing this SEB ROM also writes EFS and MODEMFS partitions, which noone should ever touch (if you flash them wrong you get no network).

LaXiS96

Mar 26, 2013
laxis.it
It was written up

Sent from my GT-I8160 using xda app-developers app

Not really...

Anyway, maybe I've found a way to get around the *#272*IMEI# code not changing CSC... I took the sec_csc.zip update from a XXLL2 ITV and I'm gonna flash it over; this may help to reset the Multi-CSC to OXX.

----
No way with the update zip... Says it's corrupted. Redone the process and after 272 code it has applied the wanted ITV CSC.
I needed to flash and change CSC twice to get it working!
Anyway, thanks for the tut.

Last edited:

nakiribocho

Apr 23, 2009
ahorromovil.info
After my nephew bad attemp of upgrading to Jelly Bean :eek: she gave it to me to repair .

Phone is stuck at "Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160" logo screen with only "download mode" access ("recovery mode" not avalaible)

I have try this method and flashed the three files extracted from the second link provided (first didn't worked) throgh Odin3 v3.07 with "Auto Reboot", "Re-Partition" "F. Reset Time" flags marked. Flashing is apparently succesfull (whith "PASS!" status shown and phone rebooting), but still stuck at initial logo.

Can someone provide any clue about what i'm doing wrong or maybe other solution to this problem. I've research on this and almost all solution conducted to this thread or similar method. Thank you in advance ;)

This is the message log of Odin:
Code:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CODE_GT-I8160_I8160XXLK6_CL1211243_REV00_user_SEC_KEY_LK6_4G.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CSC_GT-I8160-MULTI-CSC-OXELF1_SEC_KEY_4G.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/009> Added!!
<ID:0/009> Odin v.3 engine (ID:9)..
<ID:0/009> File analysis..
<ID:0/009> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/009> Initialzation..
<ID:0/009> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/009> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/009> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/009> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/009> GT-I8160_EUR_XX_4G.pit.md5
<ID:0/009> NAND Write Start!! 
<ID:0/009> EFS.img.md5
<ID:0/009> STE_boot.bin.md5
<ID:0/009> cspsa.img.md5
<ID:0/009> ipl.bin.md5
<ID:0/009> kernel.bin.md5
<ID:0/009> kernel2.bin.md5
<ID:0/009> mem_init.bin.md5
<ID:0/009> modem.bin.md5
<ID:0/009> modemfs.img.md5
<ID:0/009> normal.bin.md5
<ID:0/009> normal2.bin.md5
<ID:0/009> param.lfs.md5
<ID:0/009> power_management.bin.md5
<ID:0/009> ssgtest.img.md5
<ID:0/009> system.img.md5
<ID:0/009> ums.rfs.md5
<ID:0/009> userdata.img.md5
<ID:0/009> GT-I8160_EUR_XX_4G.pit.md5
<ID:0/009> cache.img.md5
<ID:0/009> hidden.img.md5
<ID:0/009> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/009> RES OK !!
<ID:0/009> Removed!!
<ID:0/009> Remain Port ....  0 
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

nakiribocho

Apr 23, 2009
ahorromovil.info
Redownload FW, reflash FW, then recovery mode, wipe cache and data, you get a booting!

Thank you for your fast response ;)

I had already done it, but i repeated all the process (including redownloading the firmware) with same result, GB doesn't boot, phone remains stuck at Ace2 logo and only "download mode" is available so I couldn't perform wipes :(

Nevertheless I tried to go back to JB (MG2) and... SURPRISE, phone boots and recovery mode is available again, I was able to load SU patch, temporary CWM and even CM10 and MIUI5, BUT... touch screen doesn't respond at all, including menu and back buttons, so I couldn't bypass menu selection window in any firmware :eek:

Trying to downgrade to GB again produces same results, lack of recovery and phone stuck. I think phone is condemned to use JB but I have no clue about how to solve touch screen problem (I haven't found similar sympthoms across the threads).

Reactions: JovanNeil

arpit85

Jun 15, 2008
Bangkok
Any workout yet for GT-I8160L model to get back to GB from JB ?

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Brontok

Jun 7, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

I had already done it, but i repeated all the process (including redownloading the firmware) with same result, GB doesn't boot, phone remains stuck at Ace2 logo and only "download mode" is available so I couldn't perform wipes :(

Nevertheless I tried to go back to JB (MG2) and... SURPRISE, phone boots and recovery mode is available again, I was able to load SU patch, temporary CWM and even CM10 and MIUI5, BUT... touch screen doesn't respond at all, including menu and back buttons, so I couldn't bypass menu selection window in any firmware :eek:

Trying to downgrade to GB again produces same results, lack of recovery and phone stuck. I think phone is condemned to use JB but I have no clue about how to solve touch screen problem (I haven't found similar sympthoms across the threads).

I don`t think your touch screen problem has anything to do with JB. My advice is to use odin version 1.86.. and if ypu wan`t I can send you my GB files, all three, which I`ve been using for ages, and they never let me down.

fict

Jun 14, 2013
need help here? i was trying to set the PDA but i got this error 'the parameter is incorrect' also when i tried to set the CSC i got this error also but except PIT.. please help me:crying:

edit:never mind, just redownload it and it works;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome . New thread with tutorial how to come back from JB to GB .
    First you need Odin to flash your phone . If you're here you propably have got one :) . I recomend 3.04 or higher or 1.86 version .
    1.Connect your phone to PC with Odin Flash Mode (home+ volume down + power during start )
    2.In the Odin select PIT , CSC , PDA Files from pack :
    http://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=CXISs198rZIJtpzWXood+waVEXcxGbW4T1iWMkicox0=

http://d-h.st/AZN
    It's only one rom with all working files i found in the internet .
    It's Rom for Russia (SEB) and will change your region code .
    3. Flash :)
    4.Welcome on GB again :) . For sure to the time of full release of JB :) .

PIT File only :
    https://www.box.com/s/1e4su0r4h3n0xl5ae8r7
    (You can try to flash one file rom . It's can work . Maybe . But more safe metod is using full SEB Rom )

FIRST YOU NEED TO FLASH USING SEB ROM IN POST , THEN ANY GB YOU WANT !
    Q and A
    1.Did I can flash any GB ROM using one file rom and the added PIT File ?
    A:No , you can't . First you need reflash your phone using russian 3 file rom , after this you can do everything you want .
    2. It's working ?
    If you know what is Odin , how to flash and doing everything like in this how to , for sure this is working :) .

Here it is...

Redownload FW, reflash FW, then recovery mode, wipe cache and data, you get a booting!

Is full GB firmware applicable?