32gb sd... Help?! [FIXED]

Search This thread

idiotzach15

Apr 7, 2012
Laurel, MD
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6
Hi, so today every time i would boot up my phone i noticed it took a really long time to recognize the SD card (32 GB SanDisk class 4 micro SDHC). Later in the day, aka a few hours ago, I rebooted my phone and it flat wont recognize the card is there. I've tried formatting through my computer, still didn't recognize the card was there. I tried formatting through cwm 5.5.x recovery and all i get is an error saying it cannot mount the SD. The only time i could even get it to recognize the card it said it was either blank or written in an unreadable filesystem, so i clicked format, but it seems not to format the card. I tried popping in a blank 4GB (micro SDHC class 4) i had laying around, and it worked no problem.

PLEASE HELP!!! I cannot fit my 14GB of Music on my tiny 4BG SD!!!

Thank you to anyone who responds in advance

!!!! Update!!!!!
Fixed!

I used the format SD program in the link provided by 216Monster below.
This program takes hours (I did a full format) but it works!

Please don't be afraid to hit the thanks button! :D

Last edited:

216Monster

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
Hi, so today every time i would boot up my phone i noticed it took a really long time to recognize the SD card (32 GB SanDisk class 4 micro SDHC). Later in the day, aka a few hours ago, I rebooted my phone and it flat wont recognize the card is there. I've tried formatting through my computer, still didn't recognize the card was there. I tried formatting through cwm 5.5.x recovery and all i get is an error saying it cannot mount the SD. The only time i could even get it to recognize the card it said it was either blank or written in an unreadable filesystem, so i clicked format, but it seems not to format the card. I tried popping in a blank 4GB (micro SDHC class 4) i had laying around, and it worked no problem.

Download SD Formatter from https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/ and see if that works for you, might end up with the same results.

Also did you try sd card in something other then your phone to make sure its not faulty?

idiotzach15

Apr 7, 2012
Laurel, MD
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6
Download SD Formatter ...

Also did you try sd card in something other then your phone to make sure its not faulty?

Yes. luckily i found a 16gig card i had, which is working. but i will try that formatter now, thank you

Edit: sorry read that wrong.. but the case works fine in all my computers...but I tried another Android and it failed to work there also

Last edited:

cj360

Oct 24, 2011
Pretty sure the class is one of the factors that determine if the SD card will work with your phone. 16 SD here.

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

cj360

Oct 24, 2011
Hardware failure? I've read a couple other ppl having issues with 32 gb. Kinda why I don't wana plot the money down work one if I don't know its gonna work.

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

Jockard

Apr 8, 2011

!!!! Update!!!!!
Fixed!

I used the format SD program in the link provided by 216Monster below.
This program takes hours (I did a full format) but it works!

Please don't be afraid to hit the thanks button! :D

Can you post detailed information on how you did it? Override? Did you marked format size?