OTA update with no recovery

Search This thread

tadcrazio

Aug 15, 2012
so i have an s4 that had 4.3...well it has an unlocked bootloader and recently i lost the stock recovery and no custom recovery was on there. so did the 4.4 ota update like a genius and now the phone is stuck in odin download mode. cant get it to boot cant get anywhere. im in the process of downloading the stock 4.4 firmware and i downloaded a custom rom and custom recovery. i didnt know where to go from here. would it be ok to flash the stock firmware with odin? or could i just try a custom recovery and custom rom in odin?? looking for some serious help. thanks in advanced

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Do you have an i337, because if you do the bootloader is not unlocked. You're going to have to flash the stock firmware in Odin

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: tadcrazio

tadcrazio

Aug 15, 2012
Do you have an i337, because if you do the bootloader is not unlocked. You're going to have to flash the stock firmware in Odin

it is an i337. when i turn it on i get the unlocked lock with the samsung logo. i thought that was the bootloader.. im going totry to flash stock with odin now.

tadcrazio

Aug 15, 2012
so that worked.. its booting up now. just to be certain i cannot flash custom recovery in odin on this right? and ill worry about the sim error at a later time.. already replaced the part yet i still get an error

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
The only working recovery for your phone now is safestrap

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
so that worked.. its booting up now. just to be certain i cannot flash custom recovery in odin on this right? and ill worry about the sim error at a later time.. already replaced the part yet i still get an error

You're screwing up because you haven't read about the things you are trying to do. If you want to learn and do things correctly, I suggest reading the pinned threads in the general and q&a sections paying close attention to the information that is specifically about your model and firmware version. The things you are trying to do and the questions you are asking have been answered many times over in those threads.

netomel

Jun 19, 2012
East Elmhurst
so i have an s4 that had 4.3...well it has an unlocked bootloader and recently i lost the stock recovery and no custom recovery was on there. so did the 4.4 ota update like a genius and now the phone is stuck in odin download mode. cant get it to boot cant get anywhere. im in the process of downloading the stock 4.4 firmware and i downloaded a custom rom and custom recovery. i didnt know where to go from here. would it be ok to flash the stock firmware with odin? or could i just try a custom recovery and custom rom in odin?? looking for some serious help. thanks in advanced

I went through the same situation and previous post is the right suggestion go to the pin general.
This is what I did

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52289782

You need to flash full nb1 to regain stock.
Once you are in nb1 you can choose to stay stock or downgrade to mk2 to root and install safestrap.
From there you can install any Tw rom not AOSP YOU CAN NOT FLASH CUSTOM ROMS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.