Proximity sensor always active

Search This thread

TheArt.

Hi all, I have a YD206 flashed with 124 RU keeping the CN radio. Then updated to 134.
I noticed that the proximity sensor stays always active, you can also see it with naked eyes, no camera needed.

What can I do to enable it only during calls?

EDIT: SOLVED. See the All-In-One guide to know how

Last edited:

Avv.Kobayashi

Dec 29, 2016
Hi,

it's the same for me.
I have flashed 5.0.0 RU.124 + 4.4.3 CN .32a radio folder (now, after OTA update I have RU .134) and the proximity sensor always blinks.

dmix_shinri

Jan 4, 2017
Selangor
update 4/1/17 14:43pm (gmt +8)
- I tried with another simcard from different provider, seem only 3g (hspa) and 4g (lte). no 2g network
- 1st sim Digi Malaysia - gsm 900, 1800/ umts 2100/ lte 2600
> test got all edge, hspa, lte
- 2nd sim Maxis Malaysia gsm 900, 1800/umts 2100/lte 1800+,2600
> test only got hspa, lte

maybe this radio for gsm only got 1 working band either 900 or 1800

update 4/1/17 11:06am
- if I run antutu benchmark, that proximity blinking come in. need to close and clear it from memory then it gone.

First, I didn't realized that problem until I read about that problem
- I bought yd206 with 4.4.3 hk 61 firmware.
- I manually update to 5.0.0 hk 1.1.66
- ota to 124d
- read about no 2g/3g network. I check mine also got this problem. read about manually update radio to cn 1.0.3.32a (fastboot). I did update and got all 2g/3g/4g
- at this stage I didn't know about problem of proximity sensor always blink/on and not check to verify it.
- I manually update to ru 124 by replacing ru radio with cn radio and ota to 134
- read about proximity problem. verify by using camera. yes it always blinking.

- I tried downgrade using yotaflasher to hk 66. failed. bootloop
- update using fastboot also using cn radio. success update
- sadly still got this proximity blinking
- ota to hk 124. same problem..

after all that and days of days.. I thinking, how about I try radio from original firmware that I got when I bought my yotaphone, which is hk 61a.

so I did, fastboot.

YES! it work, no more blinking and I got all 2g/3g/4g
baseband now s01_003_3034_ru1_m15_p2.. :confused:

dmix.

Last edited:
Reactions: sibKM and TheArt.

TheArt.

Hi @dmix_shinri I also noticed that the blinking sensor is when you use CN radio in a different firmware, so I flashed like you HK 66 radio (which is identical to the RU radio) and I don't have blinking. The problems is that on this radio I don't have 2G and 3G is a bit weaker. Instead on CN radio I had full 2G signal.
My configuration is:
radio: S01_003_4240_RU1_M05
firmware RU 134

I'll check again with yours, but I'm sure I already tried it.

dmix_shinri

Jan 4, 2017
Selangor
@TheArt
Take radio from 4.4.3 61a firmware. Not from 66.
Ur baseband will became RU1_M15_P02

Hope this solve some problem. Do note that for 2g/gsm only either band 900 or 1800 only not both available. I think only 1800.

sibKM

Dec 8, 2008
Here where I live i can't be without 2G, so maybe we could try to reach out to some dev? Also, anyone tried the MM beta fw? still blinking?

dmix_shinri

Jan 4, 2017
Selangor
after using radio s01_003_3034_ru1_m15_p2, I cannot cast to screen/mirroring.
so I tried flash radio cn.
yes, still got that proximity blinking BUT only when screen turn on. OR when there is activity at back screen/epd.
previously if i used this radio cn, I got this blinking every time unless I turn off the phone.

I got two radio cn from two earliest and latest cn firmware. got different date and same size. when compare hex/binary, got different in few place. so I tried flash this old radio cn.
yup.. still got same problem, proximity blinking but the blinking seem not stop (as I didn't try long enough). so I play with *#*#4636#*#*. used some method one former mention here to select option with all network (before unknown), radio off, radio on, select 2g,3g,4g..
now the blinking will turn off as screen off (few second).

for cast screen, I didn't test yet. I will stick to this radio (for now), as the blinking doesn't bother me anymore.

now my baseband radio is S01_003_3034_CN_M01

Last edited:

TheArt.

after using radio s01_003_3034_ru1_m15_p2, I cannot cast to screen/mirroring.
so I tried flash radio cn.
yes, still got that proximity blinking BUT only when screen turn on. OR when there is activity at back screen/epd.
previously if i used this radio cn, I got this blinking every time unless I turn off the phone.

I got two radio cn from two earliest and latest cn firmware. got different date and same size. when compare hex/binary, got different in few place. so I tried flash this old radio cn.
yup.. still got same problem, proximity blinking but the blinking seem not stop (as I didn't try long enough). so I play with *#*#4636#*#*. used some method one former mention here to select option with all network (before unknown), radio off, radio on, select 2g,3g,4g..
now the blinking will turn off as screen off (few second).

for cast screen, I didn't test yet. I will stick to this radio (for now), as the blinking doesn't bother me anymore.

now my baseband radio is S01_003_3034_CN_M01

I'm not sure if I understood well, you found a radio which make the sensor blink only during screen on (and EPD screen on), right?
That's progress, even if it's not the final solution.
Where CN M01 can be found?

dmix_shinri

Jan 4, 2017
Selangor
@TheArt
When i change to CN M05, i notice the blinking stop when screen is off and no epd used.

I have another CN radio (M01) rom first kitkat cn firmware (at yota server). I compare with CN M05 and both file not identical in content. So i tried flash it to see any different.

Result with CN M01:
Blinking. Even screen is off (but i didnt leave phone with screen off long enough to verify either blinking stop)
For now it only detect lte, take time to detect 3g/2g
So i tried select network gsm only, wcdma only.
Still blinking when screen off.
So i enter mode *#*#4636#*#*
So i select all network, radio off, radio on, gsm only, wcdma only, lte only, did random thing
Then i notice blink stop few second (7s) after screen is off.

So, u can try with CN M05. Enter mode 4636..
Fyi. I m on HK 124d.
Cast screen still not working.
I thing i already test it first time with RU modem, its working.

Reactions: TheArt.

7Stormwarrior

Jan 11, 2017
I have try something on second yotaphone I have, (HK edition) that still I don´t have change the rom.

It blinks only when you use a sim, rest of the time works ok (WIFI, bluetooth...) its very strange... As I said before I didn´t modified anything on it

https://postimg.org/image/5i77lflj3/

In other yota I have flash a lot of different roms and have always the blinking when using a sim on it...

I don´t understand very well how can I do to stop blinking (At least when screen is off) could you tell me what rom / radio to use? And what can we do on 4636 menu? There are a lot of options on it....

cvzalez

Jan 21, 2017
I discovered that I also have this problem, I was with the wrong radio, had to flash the Chinese radio and it suddenly appeared, this is what I have found I have an YD206, so I wonder how the YD201 behaves:

On YD206:

With wrong radio. radio (Russia xx versions) on YD206 , in KitKat or Lollipop ROMs the proximity sensor is OFF by default BUT, as soon you turn ON an app that uses it, it won't turn off again, it keeps blinking even if you force kill the app that started. However it will turn off if the screen is off, after 5 seconds after. Also it's important to acknowledge that 2G only with this radios fails. On Lollipop Wifi won't turn off automatically, just manually.

YD206 With the correct radio. radio S01_003_3034_CN1_M05 2G 3G (UMTS) and 4G (LTE) all work and with better reception, but as soon the screen is ON, the proximity sensor starts working, does not matter what app you have open, when you turn OFF the screen the proximity sensor will turn OFF in about 5 seconds. If you are using the EPD screen the proximity sensor will turn OFF faster than 5 seconds, but as soon you touch the EPD it will turn ON for 3 seconds or so. On Lollipop Wifi won't turn off automatically, just manually.

So the problem acts differently when you flash a different radio, I am not sure where's the bug comes from, but it seems there's also a bug with YotaRom. There's a Xposed module to disable proximity sensor in specific apps, I haven't tried that, I also would like to know how this behaves with the Marshmallow Beta.

(For the ones that are not aware of this problem, keep in mind that to see this problem you need to be on a dark place to see the very faint red light of the proximity sensor.)

Best regards,

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2015
selangor
Blinking has stop by using RU1_M15_P2 on my latest RU firmware by ota update.. just flash radio folder with yota flasher then leave them on.. blck pic is after in few minutes screen off blink not appear..

But my problem for now is,
1.i cant using epd screen anymore by transfer button from coler display
2.screen still on and cannot sleep when make some colling.
3.trying to test sensor from 4636 and is stop working
3. Downlod some apps from store to test sensor and said NO PROXIMITY SENSOR

What the hell of this problem guys, :confused:

Attachments

• IMG-20170303-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20170303-WA0000.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG-20170303-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20170303-WA0002.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot_2017-03-03-00-31-05.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-03-00-31-05.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot_2017-03-03-00-30-51.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-03-00-30-51.png
    168.6 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot_2017-03-03-00-30-44.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-03-00-30-44.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 144

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    update 4/1/17 14:43pm (gmt +8)
    - I tried with another simcard from different provider, seem only 3g (hspa) and 4g (lte). no 2g network
    - 1st sim Digi Malaysia - gsm 900, 1800/ umts 2100/ lte 2600
    > test got all edge, hspa, lte
    - 2nd sim Maxis Malaysia gsm 900, 1800/umts 2100/lte 1800+,2600
    > test only got hspa, lte

maybe this radio for gsm only got 1 working band either 900 or 1800

update 4/1/17 11:06am
    - if I run antutu benchmark, that proximity blinking come in. need to close and clear it from memory then it gone.

First, I didn't realized that problem until I read about that problem
    - I bought yd206 with 4.4.3 hk 61 firmware.
    - I manually update to 5.0.0 hk 1.1.66
    - ota to 124d
    - read about no 2g/3g network. I check mine also got this problem. read about manually update radio to cn 1.0.3.32a (fastboot). I did update and got all 2g/3g/4g
    - at this stage I didn't know about problem of proximity sensor always blink/on and not check to verify it.
    - I manually update to ru 124 by replacing ru radio with cn radio and ota to 134
    - read about proximity problem. verify by using camera. yes it always blinking.

- I tried downgrade using yotaflasher to hk 66. failed. bootloop
    - update using fastboot also using cn radio. success update
    - sadly still got this proximity blinking
    - ota to hk 124. same problem..

after all that and days of days.. I thinking, how about I try radio from original firmware that I got when I bought my yotaphone, which is hk 61a.

so I did, fastboot.

YES! it work, no more blinking and I got all 2g/3g/4g
    baseband now s01_003_3034_ru1_m15_p2.. :confused:

dmix.
    @TheArt
    When i change to CN M05, i notice the blinking stop when screen is off and no epd used.

I have another CN radio (M01) rom first kitkat cn firmware (at yota server). I compare with CN M05 and both file not identical in content. So i tried flash it to see any different.

Result with CN M01:
    Blinking. Even screen is off (but i didnt leave phone with screen off long enough to verify either blinking stop)
    For now it only detect lte, take time to detect 3g/2g
    So i tried select network gsm only, wcdma only.
    Still blinking when screen off.
    So i enter mode *#*#4636#*#*
    So i select all network, radio off, radio on, gsm only, wcdma only, lte only, did random thing
    Then i notice blink stop few second (7s) after screen is off.

So, u can try with CN M05. Enter mode 4636..
    Fyi. I m on HK 124d.
    Cast screen still not working.
    I thing i already test it first time with RU modem, its working.
    The problem has finally been solved! Using a hybrid baseband we can have all the benefits from both modems, see the all-in-one guide for more details: https://xdaforums.com/yotaphone-one/help/guide-everything-to-yotaphone2-t3547194