[Android 2.2+] HushSMS v2.7.2 [31.07.2014]

Search This thread

c0rnholio

Sep 6, 2005
in the basement...
Yeah, all of those happened.

Yesterday evening while I was trying to find what is going on on your phone and after installing CM11 (KitKat) on one of my development devices I watched a behavior that you might also be affected of.
I installed the current Xposed Framework, installed HushSMS and my Xposed module andf rebooted. Then I sent a class0 to one of my other devices to see if it works. The class0 was sent and received correctly but in the inbox of th sending device (with Android 4.4) there was the "allyoumessagesarebelongtous|0|test"

Is this the same problem as yours? Then it's a bug that only displays the message wrong in the inbox but it gets sent out correctly. I will fix this in the next release. Please note that due to the fact that Google removed HushSMS I first need to implement an updated mechanism prior to fixing bugs so all users of HushSMS get notified on a new release. At the same time I hopefully can resolve this bug.

You also said that the class0 was received as normal sms. This can only be related to AT&T. I assume they transform class0 into a normal sms. The Telekom in Germany does this for Type0 and Replace Messages. Have you tried a ping message (Type0 and the others) or MWI?

Cheers,

Michael

S0Rk

Feb 9, 2014
Hello, thank your for your developpement, i'm using it with Galaxy s4 i9505, Cyanogenmod 10.2 with Xposed module installed and HushSms Exposed Helper 1.7.4, sms 0 are send but the receiver can see all informations and sms get stored as a normal sms :(.

My receiver have got Galaxy S4 i9505 too :).

Thx in advance.

PS: i've tried to install the HushSMS-ROOT but when starting directly crash with this message; " com.android.phone" crashed

Last edited:

c0rnholio

Sep 6, 2005
in the basement...
Hi,
what message have you sent, type0 or class0?
A class0 does not hide the senders data. Apples iPhone however fails to read the senders number and display it. All other phones of course show the senders number and additionally the message is storable as a normal sms. The special about class0 is just that it is meant to be displayed immediately. Some providers, for example the german telekom, rewrite class0 messages to normal sms but I don't know of others.

Hello, thank your for your developpement, i'm using it with Galaxy s4 i9505, Cyanogenmod 10.2 with Xposed module installed and HushSms Exposed Helper 1.7.4, sms 0 are send but the receiver can see all informations and sms get stored as a normal sms :(.

My receiver have got Galaxy S4 i9505 too :).

Thx in advance.

PS: i've tried to install the HushSMS-ROOT but when starting directly crash with this message; " com.android.phone" crashed

c0rnholio

Sep 6, 2005
in the basement...
Hi,
The class 0 / Flash SMS is not meant to be stealthy. The number is transmitted. This message is designed to be displayed as a popup message for immediate displaying to the user without going over the regular inbox. If the number is not shown like on iPhones it is an implementation fault. The senders number is available to the sms stack and can easily be read.

The type 0 / Silent Ping is meant to be stealthy. Per standard the receipt of this messagr must be acklowledged by any device but must not be displayed to the user in any kind. Usually this message gets handled in the baseband so the OS never gets aware of it. This is definately the case in Android devices. The senders number is transmitted but as it never reaches the OS it can not be interpreted. This is the main reason why in my oppinion you will not be able to get aware of beeing tracked by a type0. For this you would need access to the baseband which is to the best of my knowledge protected from beeing accessed by the OS.

Short questio @c0rnholio: If class 0 just tries to hide the number, does type 0 not even send it? I mean, is there even a way to send a message where its source is not identifyable?

Reactions: SecUpwN

hariram1992

Jan 18, 2014
hi,
Can anyone suggest me any free messaging app for android 4.4? coz I tried free SMS India. it didn't work properly for this version of android

S0Rk

Feb 9, 2014
Hi,
what message have you sent, type0 or class0?
A class0 does not hide the senders data. Apples iPhone however fails to read the senders number and display it. All other phones of course show the senders number and additionally the message is storable as a normal sms. The special about class0 is just that it is meant to be displayed immediately. Some providers, for example the german telekom, rewrite class0 messages to normal sms but I don't know of others.

i have send classe 0 and my operator is french, maybe he is rewriting sms to normal one :s
Is there an other way to see if it's my operator or something wrong in my galaxy s4.

SecUpwN

Jun 12, 2012
DEUTSCHLAND!
secupwn.github.io
Usually this message gets handled in the baseband so the OS never gets aware of it. This is definately the case in Android devices. The senders number is transmitted but as it never reaches the OS it can not be interpreted. This is the main reason why in my oppinion you will not be able to get aware of beeing tracked by a type0. For this you would need access to the baseband which is to the best of my knowledge protected from beeing accessed by the OS.
I guess this closed source "protection" is one of the reasons why @E:V:A is trying to build a Qualcomm Hexagon Disassembler. Do you really think building an app as a bridge from the OS to the baseband is impossible?

c0rnholio

Sep 6, 2005
in the basement...
I guess this closed source "protection" is one of the reasons why @E:V:A is trying to build a Qualcomm Hexagon Disassembler. Do you really think building an app as a bridge from the OS to the baseband is impossible?

As we all know nothing is impossible but this goes far beyond my skope and current knowledge. I can't currently imagine that there will be a universal solution for all kind of devices, but who knows what engaged individuals will find out tomorrow. We will see sooner later.

zagoleg

Oct 29, 2012
Are there any work to eliminate errors 4.4.h?
allyumessagesarebelongtus
Bought. I really hope for a solution.
v 2.5.3
translated by Google

c0rnholio

Sep 6, 2005
in the basement...
Are there any work to eliminate errors 4.4.h?
allyumessagesarebelongtus
Bought. I really hope for a solution.
v 2.5.3
translated by Google

Hi,
sorry for the inconvenience. The program works and all message types are functional and are sent properly. I'm always searching for a way to fix that annoying message storage bug on KitKat. I have tried several methods using Xposed to intercept the message storage but to no avail.

zagoleg

Oct 29, 2012
Hi,
sorry for the inconvenience. The program works and all message types are functional and are sent properly. I'm always searching for a way to fix that annoying message storage bug on KitKat. I have tried several methods using Xposed to intercept the message storage but to no avail.

Version 1.9.2 works correctly ... No errors. A new version with an error. So is it possible?)

G

gkasunkodagoda

Working

It is working on Galaxy tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3100) with CM11:highfive:

c0rnholio

Sep 6, 2005
in the basement...
v2.7 is out

I just uploaded v2.7 to my webpage.
It fixes a bug where CM11 build after 31.06.2014 where not compatible. Working fine on the latest CM11 now.
Also this is a "reunion build", which means that the Xposed Module is now integrated again. So you don't have to install a separate Xposed Helper Module. Please make sure uninstalling/disabling the old Xposed Helper Module prior to using v2.7.

Cheers,

Michael

Reactions: SecUpwN

KonstiDee

Jun 20, 2013
I just uploaded v2.7 to my webpage.
It fixes a bug where CM11 build after 31.06.2014 where not compatible. Working fine on the latest CM11 now.
Also this is a "reunion build", which means that the Xposed Module is now integrated again. So you don't have to install a separate Xposed Helper Module. Please make sure uninstalling/disabling the old Xposed Helper Module prior to using v2.7.

Cheers,

Michael

Thx for your work. Do I need to update if everything works fine? I'm on Sense so I don't need the Xposed Module.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Pro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Folks,

HushSMS is an App that allows you to send messages that regularly only providers are able to send (among others).

Additionally HushSMS includes an alerting feature which shows detailed info if you receive some special SMS messages (like the ones HushSMS is able to send). On some devices like the Nexus 5 (only verified on the official 4.4.4 KitKat ROM) you are even able to be notified if someone is trying to track you via Type0 SMS messages (some government agencies usually use these message in conjunction with your provider to locate you).

Full description is available here.

For full functionality you need a rooted device with the Xposed Framework installed as HushSMS makes heavy use of Xposed functions.

If you own a HTC device with an official Sense ROM you are not required to use Xposed, but I recommend you do.

Buy it and if it does not work you just drop me a line within 1 day after purchase and I will refund!

UPDATE: 31.07.2014: Version 2.7.2 is out
    - UI changes
    - Added notification sound for Alert Messages
    - Changed some functions so that users with a HTC device with Sense UI ROM can now also use the Xposed Module (not required though)
    - Removed the annoying “allyourmessages…” message from the inbox when using Xposed (now only shows “HushSMS message sent”)

UPDATE: 30.07.2014: Version 2.7.1 is out
    - Set the fields for Number and Message as variable instead static in the Tasker plugin. This should give you some more flexibility when using HushSMS with Tasker.
    - Fixed a bug in the “Alert Feature” where alert where not shown under some circumstances

UPDATE: 25.07.2014: Version 2.7 is out
    Also this is a "reunion build", which means that the Xposed Module is now integrated again. So you don't have to install a separate Xposed Helper Module. Pleas make sure uninstalling/disabling the old Xposed Helper Module prior to using v2.7.

UPDATE: 07.07.2014: Version 2.6.1 is out
    It now contains a feature that alerts you when special SMS are coming in (like the ones you can send with HushSMS itself).
    Additionally several smaller bugs where eliminated.
    Also HushSMS now has an update checker built in. Just see in the settings or use the context menu.

hushsms-alert-screen.png

UPDATE: 04.12.2013: Version 2.5.2 is out and you can buy it via PayPal
    Just visit the below link and you can buy it via PayPal
    https://www.silentservices.de/products/android-hushsms/

Existing customers that purchased HushSMS from the Goole Play Store will receive the update of course free of charge. Just write an emal to licensing_at_silentservices.de with you Play Store Order Number and I will send you the APK.
    I will add an update mechanism as well as a licensing system in the next weeks.

UPDATE2: 03.12.2013: Version 2.5.2 is out. Unfortunately you currently cannot purchase it

After Google dropped HushSMS now also AndroidPit dropped it from their market. They didn't even notify me.
    I will try to find a way to get it up somewhere else.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

UPDATE: 03.12.2013: Version 2.5.2 is out. Unfortunately only at AndroidPit

Today Google decided to banish HushSMS from the Play Store due to "policy violations". They called it a dangerous app and stated some other points. HushSMS does nothing else then sending messages defined in the 3GPP Specification 23.040 (and other official specifications).
    Anyway, the current version 2.5.2 is available on AndroidPit only currently. In addition the Xposed Module has been updated to version 1.7.3 (backward compatible to the last official Play Store Version)

UPDATE: 01.10.2013: Version 2.1.8 is out.

- Changed they way class0 messages are sent because on some devices they did not work
    - There is now a Xposed module available here: https://silentservices.de/HushSMSExposedHelper.apk
    - The Xposed module will enable any rooted device (root because of the Xposed Framework) to send class0, type0 (stealth ping) and MWI messages even with a stock ROM and without the need for the sendRawPdu method to be present

UPDATE: 09.09.2013: Version 2.0.2 is out.

- Added Unicode support for Class0 Message. Now Unicode characters like Chinese or Russian letters are supported. (user request)
    - Added option to choose between DCS or UDH method for MWI Messages (user request)
    - Fixed a bug in MMS notification. It's now fully working again. This message is anonymous. Be aware that iPhones can not display MMS Notifications
    - Added option to choose the URI prefix for WAP Push SI and SL messages. Some operator force to http if no standard prefix is chosen

There is also a root version out. You'll find it here including installation instructions: http://www.silentservices.de/android-hushsms-root-edition-released/

HushSMS is available via Google Play Store AND AndroidPIT.

Comments, thoughts, wishes and rants are all welcome.

Cheers,

Michael
    Main Screenshot

Here's a screenshot of the main page:
    HushSMS-1.6-Main-supported.png
    Hello,
    I'm using Android 9 and EdXposed and can't send Class 0 message. Do you know how can I make it to work?

Yes happend to me. Just download the original Xposed installer apk. I think hushsms is trying to search for the app "Xposed installer" just install the app and don't worry if it says that you have not installed the module.

Make sure you have enable hushsms on Edxposed.
    But the feature phones support it. Why not annotate it appropriately in the description text? Many other functions do not work as well in HushSMS for everybody. Optional features are never wrong in my opinion. But it's your decision...

Edit: Looks like Androidpit removed it as well... It get error 410 (removed).

Yes, sadly AndroidPit also dropped it.

Your arguments have convinced me. I will add support for all indicators. Thank you for the input!
    @c0rnholio, did you pull it from the PlayStore? Can't seem to find the app any longer..

No I didn't. HushSMS has just been removed by Google from the Play Store because they call it dangereous.

@ all: Folks, I will try to find a way to publish it again. I strongly not recommend any cracked version. HushSMS is a program that sends SMS and thus generates costs. If you use a cracked version you can seriously loose money as the cracking may have changed code that is responsible for protecting you from such.