Shifted-Express | Landscape Rosie| Rebased |Beta 2| 3-29-12

Search This thread

the_plattypus

Mar 22, 2011
Colorado Springs
Thats not all that bad of a thing because if I'm not mistaken, you might have more apps available to use on the market...

Sent from my PG06100

Agreed and also the skins from HTC hub work also on the ROM :D UPLOADING BETA 2. Best results are to use v6 superscript. I baked it in, but I installed prior to that. So if someone can verify it starts on boot others will appreciate it. Also if you care about quadrant scores the v6 script bumps you from ~1000 to over 1500

Sent from my PH44100 using xda premium

twizt3d

Mar 7, 2008
United States
just flashed beta 2, 2 things i noticed right off the bat, when connecting to pc, i get no notifications about disk drive or charge only, it does light up orange and charges, but it doesnt appear its mountable. VVM needs to be updated right off the bat as well, but I think thats part of the kingdom ruu, it does update fine. And in the app dock the middle 3 buttons are blank and unclickable for me. I did wipe davlic and cache after install just to check some things, and i did full wipe and format of everything prior to install. ANyone see similiar?

YoungCorruptionV2.0

Sep 27, 2011
just flashed beta 2, 2 things i noticed right off the bat, when connecting to pc, i get no notifications about disk drive or charge only, it does light up orange and charges, but it doesnt appear its mountable. VVM needs to be updated right off the bat as well, but I think thats part of the kingdom ruu, it does update fine. And in the app dock the middle 3 buttons are blank and unclickable for me. I did wipe davlic and cache after install just to check some things, and i did full wipe and format of everything prior to install. ANyone see similiar?

To fix the usb not mounting just download an app from the market. I have MountUSB that i bought a while back that works fine and for the 3 middle buttons you have to put an app in the dock. Then they will be clickable

twizt3d

Mar 7, 2008
United States
yea i know about the mounting app, but I was stating that there is probably a problem with the kernal that prevents the mounting natively, and this was not present in beta1 so its prolly shooter vs kingdom related. And i did figure out how to fix the buttons, but i think the rom should come with those already filled as in the pictures, just looks more complete.. idk...

twizt3d

Mar 7, 2008
United States
about to wipe and reflash, i went back to a nandroid for a lost txt, didnt seem slow however, altho i run go launcher and fancy widgets with sense 4 themes.

*edit*

interesting, just got done reflashing, and I have 'charge only' and i can mount through sense.... I wonder what happened???? not noticing any sluggishness right now either. I did notice theres alot more garbage apps from sprint preinstalled. Again guessing this is from kingdom ruu. One thing I did think of however is the kingdom or Evo Design 4G is suposidly upgradable to ICS+sense, I wonder what version well get and if any leaks will be ported :D cited here http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3294

*edit2*

restarted the phone and lost the mounting via sense ability and also the wallpaper went to like a gunmetal background.. no idea...

Last edited:

twizt3d

Mar 7, 2008
United States
Well still messing around, but i think something in beta2 is not quite right... I believe it to be sense related. After installing go launcher everything seemed to run smoothly. But getting the app installed was quite a task it almost seems as if the cpu is oc'd past its limit everything is real slow just like dakota posted. Also xda app shows the shift as a ph44100 im guesing thts the evo design code name and i think this was mentioned earlier. Anyhow off to bed for now. Hopefully we get a beta 3 or 2.1 in the next few days lol

Sent from my PH44100 using XDA

pcausey77

Oct 11, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I flashed it last night and it was terrible wouldnt even hardly run. I think i might have had a bad download or flash so i redownloaded it and going to try later tonight when im off work

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App

twizt3d

Mar 7, 2008
United States
@platypus im still running it as seemed to isolate a few things and have it running smoothly, but thts with out sense. Hit me up if i can help you debug in anyway.

Sent from my PH44100 using XDA

the_plattypus

Mar 22, 2011
Colorado Springs
Guys, try this.

Grab "script manager" from market and run as root and then use it to run the 'S99SuperCharger' script located at /system/etc/init.d to make aside its running. Right now its really slow if that's not running. I haven't incorporated many tweaks yet since I was working on getting stuff working.

Also, ill look into the usb to pc issue.

Sent from my PH44100 using xda premium

Caiaphas

Mar 30, 2011
The ROM worked fine for me when I had it flashed last night. All I had to do was let it settle for 10 minutes after first boot then reboot it and bingo, buttery smooth.

twizt3d

Mar 7, 2008
United States
just curious, but why did you decide to base off the kingdom and not the shooter this time around? also didnt get a chance to reflash beta2 yet, i switched to newsense just to get a working phone for the day, ill give the supercharger script a shot when i get home.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will u post it with pics of giraffes too? Because i will not test w.o a pic of a giraffe.

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA

I know I said I would post the ROM, but I just didn't like the fact of having to use v6 supercharger to get it to run stable. I'm working on this part time but i have a couple projects that will be rolling out in the next couple weeks. The first will be unofficial CM9 for shift, the next will be a surprise, but i promise you will like it. Stay tuned and make sure you make a nandroid backup next week. More to come.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium
    My%20OP%203.png

Okay guys, the team is at it again. Here is our beloved Express port for the Shift!! Thanks to the team and their contributions:

-justinswidebody
    -outerdepth
    -chubbzlou
    -me

Also thanks to the teams they also belong to:
    -Team Nocturnal
    -Team Synergy
    -W&S

This first post will be brief as I have to head into work. I will fix it up more.

NOTE:
    I use latest ClockworkMod atm to flash this.

Changelog:
    Beta 2-
    Rebased off Kingdom RUU instead of previous Shooter RUU
    Camcorder Fixed
    Everything I have tested works
    HTC Hub and Skins work
    More...I will update as I remember

Beta 1 -
    Fixed landscape Rosie FC
    Fixed a few widgets that were busted
    Fixed phone.apk hidding
    Moved all system apps to /system (no more on /data)
    Can't remember what else

Alpha 1 - init release
    -haven't confirmed functionality of everything, but most seems to work.
    -Sense lockscreen is being a pain, stock AOSP is in use ATM.

Show your appreciation, fill my coffee pot! (Click to donate!)

coffee%20gauge.jpg

Download Links:
    Beta 2- LINK

Beta 1- LINK

Alpha 1 - LINK -- Flash the Shifted-Express.zip and Phone_Fix.zip (attached to OP) BEFORE first boot!
    Okay guys, I have a new version I am test riding it today to make sure it doesnt crap out under heavy loads, but so far its snappy and running great. If all goes well I'll post later tonight after I get back from the zoo.
    Have new base going. Need to fix usb to pc and the reboot to recovery menu option, then I will post

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you. I am working on a new release. I rebased the rom on Kingdom instead of Shooter and was able to fix the camcorder this way. Working out a few file structure, default settings, and a few other things. I will be dropping an update for this device next. not ETA though, but soon as possible