[ROM][CWM] AllianceROM_N7000 v3.4.1 Extreme Edition with OTA[

Search This thread

Robbie Hood

Nov 7, 2010
breda
www.darkyrom.com
Is it going to be green theme by default..

Yes green theme as default.
But you can flash TextCleaner4Theming from OTA/updates in the DarkyOTA app and then choose the stock samsung theme for example.

Me and the team will fill it up as fast as we can but for now i have some batteries and dropdown backgrounds and such . Go check ti out ! :)

Oh ROM is online :)

Check the DarkyOTA app before flashing it.
You can choose to wipe or not to wipe in the darkyrom tab and more

Goldie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2010
Originally Posted by grgsiocl<br />
its happening because of franco kernel...chnage to either ficeto kernel or cf root
<br />
<br />
I figured that so i switched to AbyssNote same issue..... <br />
some time you will just hear the phone booting up....<br />
<br />
in a call it reboots<br />
<br />
opens apps reboots......<br />
<br />
its not app specific... so its not any one app....<br />
<br />
it just has a annoying random reboot....<br />
<br />
been using the rom now for about 2 weeks.....<br />
<br />
reminds me of first ICS when i had me SGS2
Which lockscreen you use? Try rotary revamped and I will bet it stops ;)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

ratchetjaw

Jan 26, 2009
Just installed this. Really nice work. NY favorite so far out of all GB and ICS ROMS. Trying to figure which tweaks I want and how. Love the OTA app

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

squicky

Mar 11, 2012
Maybe I missed somethig but shouldn't this ROM 3.4.1 (Ficeto kernel) be rooted? Cause I'm pretty sure I don't have root now after flashing (full wipe) using CWM Recovery. Titanium backup says I'm not rooted, Mobile Odin doesn't work.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

UPDATE1:
Ok, I've flashed SuperSU through CWM Recovery and looks like I'm rooted. But Why wasn't there SuperSU or SuperUser by default?

And why in CWM Touch Recovery when I select "choose zip from sd card" or "choose zip from internal sdcard" I'm always in internal sdcard?

UPDATE2:
I've installed Darky OTA from the Market and I don't see errors for now so it's good :)

Last edited:

Robbie Hood

Nov 7, 2010
breda
www.darkyrom.com
Maybe I missed somethig but shouldn't this ROM 3.4.1 (Ficeto kernel) be rooted? Cause I'm pretty sure I don't have root now after flashing (full wipe) using CWM Recovery. Titanium backup says I'm not rooted, Mobile Odin doesn't work.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

UPDATE1:
Ok, I've flashed SuperSU through CWM Recovery and looks like I'm rooted. But Why wasn't there SuperSU or SuperUser by default?

And why in CWM Touch Recovery when I select "choose zip from sd card" or "choose zip from internal sdcard" I'm always in internal sdcard?

UPDATE2:
I've installed Darky OTA from the Market and I don't see errors for now so it's good :)
did you wipe the rom in recovery before or flashed like told via the ota app ?
Install from SD is the right method lol the kernels in the samsung android scene have so bad that there was a extra recovery line added (internal sdcard) but this is in fact the EMMC partititon which is the external sdcard . So the poshy line internal sdcard in cwm is made for the kernels who cant get it right :D

youp20

Jun 17, 2011
nabeul
no root, no cwm, also efs bad bad bad:mad::mad::mad::mad:

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

so how can i root it and instal cwm with this rom?

squicky

Mar 11, 2012
Robbie it would be nice if you would provide an option so the user could select things in the Darky OTA and install it all at once as rebooting all the time to install every little thing is taking too much time and SGN is getting very warm.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

did you wipe the rom in recovery before or flashed like told via the ota app ?
Install from SD is the right method lol the kernels in the samsung android scene have so bad that there was a extra recovery line added (internal sdcard) but this is in fact the EMMC partititon which is the external sdcard .

I was on Check ROM before so I thought I should do full wipe and flash through CWM Recovery, and I did it that way.

Is it possible to have different CWM Recovery and still use Ficeto kernel?

Robbie Hood

Nov 7, 2010
breda
www.darkyrom.com
Robbie it would be nice if you would provide an option so the user could select things in the Darky OTA and install it all at once as rebooting all the time to install every little thing is taking too much time and SGN is getting very warm.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

I was on Check ROM before so I thought I should do full wipe and flash through CWM Recovery, and I did it that way.

Is it possible to have different CWM Recovery and still use Ficeto kernel?
wiping in recovery unmounts the data partition thus not installing superuser.apk ;)
I dont have install instructions for fun

Robbie Hood

Nov 7, 2010
breda
www.darkyrom.com
no root, no cwm, also efs bad bad bad:mad::mad::mad::mad:

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

so how can i root it and instal cwm with this rom?

yes root (offcourse we have root :D )yes cwm ( CWM is not an app in your app drawer its a recovery module WE DONT USE THIS APP ) and no clue what you mean with efs man :D:D:D:D

PEOPLE PEOPLE PLEASE READ INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE DROPPING THESE RANDOM USELESS COMMENTS WHICH YOU CAN SOLVE YOURSELVES BY READING !!!

Last edited:

ArchaosAngel

Jun 11, 2010
OnePlus 7T Pro
yes root (offcourse we have root :D )yes cwm ( CWM is not an app in your app drawer its a recovery module WE DONT USE THIS APP ) and no clue what you mean with efs man :D:D:D:D

PEOPLE PEOPLE PLEASE READ INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE DROPPING THESE RANDOM USELESS COMMENTS WHICH YOU CAN SOLVE YOURSELVES BY READING !!!

Always do a checksum of the rom before flashing to prevent problems.
THIS IS A WIPE ROM SO BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING

i just wanna be safe. so it says its a wipe rom right? means i just flash and it will auto wipe all my previous apps. settings, etc right? :) i dont have to wipe manually right? just making sure as i do not wanna lose root like the other guy. thanks :)

Robbie Hood

Nov 7, 2010
breda
www.darkyrom.com

i just wanna be safe. so it says its a wipe rom right? means i just flash and it will auto wipe all my previous apps. settings, etc right? :) i dont have to wipe manually right? just making sure as i do not wanna lose root like the other guy. thanks :)

Sorry not a wipe rom :)
Forgot to remove some of the guide on this improved version :) check again
and nobody is loosing root . Sopme people wipe their phone in cwm before and that is not needed now that we have ota you can set the configuration for rom flashing on teh darkyrom tab.
Because people wipe their phone in recovery the data partition got dismounted and thus not flashing SuperUser.apk . So just follow the g install instructions

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh

it is fully rooted kernel...hence no problem, just flash and after flashing the rom, if you dont see the superuser app, then download the same from the market..thats all! Enjoy the ROm now!

Reactions: prasadnaidu66

youp20

Jun 17, 2011
nabeul

i know what s cwm, i last my imei, but no prob i restorted it

ArchaosAngel

Jun 11, 2010
OnePlus 7T Pro
it is fully rooted kernel...hence no problem, just flash and after flashing the rom, if you dont see the superuser app, then download the same from the market..thats all! Enjoy the ROm now!

okay guys! thank you so much for the clarifications! :)

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

i know what s cwm, i last my imei, but no prob i restorted it

how did u restore your imei? could you let me know?

dazzlet

Aug 31, 2009
barnsley
I installed the ROM from yesterday and now I want to update to the new one how do I do it I'm new to the note I'm used to HTC phones

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
@Robbie does your ]DarkyROM_Note-v3.4 Resurrection Edition have the same features like 3g hack etc as this one or just a clean no tweaked version? hopeing to have that 3g hack in it:D

yes this is a noob question :)

EDIT+: just checked the build.prop and see the 3g tweaks are still there and others perfect :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AllianceROM_N7000 GB v3.4.1
    Extreme Edition

Check the changelog HERE

Check the cool Gingerbread based theme HERE

How to install go HERE

Download AllianceROM_N7000 GB v3.4.1 EE downloads HERE
    - Placed a little easter egg in the ROM :D go find it ( tip : check settings / about phone )

How , what, where , when , why ... FAQ : HERE

Special Thanks to:

Ficeto for all his expertise and help !

My Closed Beta Testers

Like the ROM help me keep it up
    Like the new stability Ficeto provides with his NoteCore 0.1

backgroundhp.jpg

WE WILL PREVAIL !!
    Previous Releases

DarkyROM_Note v 3.3 ICED XXLA6 Final

Check the changelog HERE

Check the cool ICS based theme HERE

How to install go HERE

Download DarkyROM_Note v 3.X ICS Edition Downloads HERE

DarkyROM_Note Stock Optimised Base Releases HERE

Special Thanks to:

My Closed Beta Testers

Fransisco Franko for his Franko Kernel

JKay for his great customisable MOD

Liked the ROM help me keep it up
    The DarkyRom version 3.3 is available on my mirror server :

http://darkyrom.onkeysoft.com/
    Since were spamming this thread while waiting for Robbies ics release I'll share this, two of my friends both have g notes and flash just about every ROM on xda and elsewhere, Robbie's GB roms are always "THE BENCHMARK" we use to decide how good a rom is.
    There are some great roms out there BUT Robbies releases in our opinion are the best bar none. If you want to see how well your note can perform and smash any GB or ICS rom for stability, reliability and performance , flash a Hoodie rom!
    PS. When someone helps you out, hit thanks.

When someone builds you a great rom, donate!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

working hard guys. This is not just a base rom created by a kitchen where we put our name on :)
    Hopefully will release it tonight.
    I have early shift tommorow and need to get up at 5am so i will be working as long as i can but i am not risking oversleeping in my second week.

I do what i can to release today but absolutely no promisses.

Working on implementing a third lockscreen now :)

features so far :

Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    Pre-Rooted ( also in system ALWAYS )
    CRT off animation toggle
    8 slidable AOSP styled toggles ( will add more)
    Call recording
    Build.prop tweaked to save battery ( up and above 4 hrs screen time so far )
    Choice between Samsung lockscreen , AOSP lockscreen and transformer prime lcokscreen.
    completely restyled system default theme ( mostly done in the xmls )
    Sense style taskmanager
    Restyled the layout of systemui ( carrier in bottom and settings moved to titlebar)
    extended powermenu
    new alliance mod settings app, split up from the OTA app

probably more i cant remember now.

COMING SOOON !!!!
    Hey guys ,

i recently found a temporary job again so im very buys through the weekdays and will be working 3 shifts including night.
    The first Beta is running very good and i will try and release AllianceROM_N7000_ICS_v1 this weekend .

Cheers!!