Unlock Galaxy Note 2 by hidden menu.

Search This thread

technut

May 6, 2007
TAMPA,FL
I did this,taking the AT&T Note II straight out of the box.I didn't even put a sim in till after.Thanks for the find.:)

vinnyj85

Oct 1, 2012
Hey does att know when you do this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

vinnyj85

Oct 1, 2012
I asj because I have to return a device

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

hpacura

Feb 1, 2008
Have anyone tried to see if the phone is still unlocked after the recent at&t update? I can't confirm it because I'm on Rogers in Canada and still no update yet . Thanks a million.

jimaginet

Feb 17, 2013
Hi everyone.
I got my Note 2 in November it came with firmware 4.1.1 and baseband is I317MVLAJ2. I unlocked it with this method it works. Then rooted the device installed Custom Rom. Everything is fine but recently I connect my phone to computer. Samsumg Keir is telling me there is an update 4.1.2 with new baseband (I371MVLBMA3). So my question is if I restore back (unroot) to original firmware 4.1.1. Will I lose the carrier unlock.
Anyone no anything please let me know.
Many Thanks

Last edited:

rotule

Dec 3, 2012
Montreal
Hi everyone.
I got my Note 2 in November it came with firmware 4.1.1 and baseband is I317MVLAJ2. I unlocked it with this method it works. Then rooted the device installed Custom Rom. Everything is fine but recently I connect my phone to computer. Samsumg Keir is telling me there is an update 4.1.2 with new baseband (I371MVLBMA3). So my question is if I restore back (unroot) to original firmware 4.1.1. Will I lose the carrier unlock.
Anyone no anything please let me know.
Many Thanks

you will keep the unlock!

jimaginet

Feb 17, 2013
Thanks for reply. Is it mean permanent unlock? Even if I unroot with Samsung official late firmware 4.1.2.???
Right now I have 3 options to update to the latest modem I371MVLBMA3.
1) Unroot with Samsung official 4.1.1 then do the update through the phone.
2) Unroot with latest Samsung official firmware 4.1.2
3) Pickup the Canadian modem ( I371MVLBMA3.zip) from Xda and flash it to my existing Custom Rom.

Anyway, I don't care which option to use but at the end. I have an updated modem and my note2 still carrier unlock.

Any thoughts are highly appreciated. Thank s

rotule

Dec 3, 2012
Montreal
I flashed the BMA3 in recovery and worked like a charm, and kept my unlock. I am now using a 4.1.2 custom rom But id won't change anything if you stay/return stock or go custom, you will keep the unlock.

;) hit thanks button if it works for you

Reactions: jimaginet

Aphang22

Feb 13, 2013
new phones

Anyone knows why the new phones can't do it anymore? I just got the Note 2 recently from AT&T it doesn't have the [4] option listed. Anyone else have this issue? Any work around?

Aphang22

Feb 13, 2013
IF u see "RAT_FREE_SUPPORITNG ON" or "RAT_FREE_SUPPORTTING ON", update your modem/baseband.

After update, you should see [4]NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ and then you are good to unlock.

Noob need some thanks, if this helps!

youwonder

Dec 22, 2011
Cool, good to know I can bring my phone with me if I have to switch carrier for whatever reason.

almightyk

Feb 26, 2011
It does not show me option 4-NW Lock NV Data Initialliz in network lock options. Can someone help?

Top Liked Posts