Split 6.1 and 6.5 into different sections?

Would you like to have 6.1 and 6.5 roms split?

• Total voters
Search This thread

cjensen25

Aug 18, 2007
Can you please split this forum into two areas. I really hate 6.5 it is so buggy at the moment and I am finding my self spending a long time searching through these articles to see what is available. I know the titles sometimes help with "6.5" etc but it would be so much more easier if their was actually sub categories in this category

mike21pr

May 16, 2008
San Juan
i don't know about this. 6.5 is still beta so it will be buggy but there's no point to making another section because when it officially releases soon, 6.1 will be fazed out and die like all the rest that came before it. otherwise there would have been a Windows 2003, WM5, WM6 section opened also, but since they are updates to the same OS there's not much point to making a section for it due to the fact that eventually everyone will upgrade to it when its fully stable

my two cents

hollywould

Apr 18, 2007
Huntington Beach
Can you please split this forum into two areas. I really hate 6.5 it is so buggy at the moment and I am finding my self spending a long time searching through these articles to see what is available. I know the titles sometimes help with "6.5" etc but it would be so much more easier if their was actually sub categories in this category

I completely agree, I have been attempting to ignore all 6.5 ROMs, because they are far too buggy, and the won't work with my Redfly, when I try to install the drivers for it, it just freezes my device, and I wind up having to HR. Plus the official release of 6.5 isn't due until Q4 2009 anyway, so it will be a while until we see any "official" ROMs.

iceman4357

Jun 17, 2006
St.Louis
I completely agree, I have been attempting to ignore all 6.5 ROMs, because they are far too buggy, and the won't work with my Redfly, when I try to install the drivers for it, it just freezes my device, and I wind up having to HR. Plus the official release of 6.5 isn't due until Q4 2009 anyway, so it will be a while until we see any "official" ROMs.

I thought the release is this month??? Maybe it will be 4q before phones start off with 6.5, but im sure XDA forums will have 6.5 before that. :)

X2D

Jan 1, 2009
So what bugs are you encountering? Maybe you could compile a list and let the chefs tackle them. There's not many that I can find using RRE's or Da_G's so maybe try one of those?

But yea, please let everyone know what bugs you're experiencing so people can take a look at the root cause and potentially fix them?... I am eagerly awaiting your response to this.

jug6ernaut

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
So what bugs are you encountering? Maybe you could compile a list and let the chefs tackle them. There's not many that I can find using RRE's or Da_G's so maybe try one of those?

But yea, please let everyone know what bugs you're experiencing so people can take a look at the root cause and potentially fix them?... I am eagerly awaiting your response to this.

seriously i have nil to no bugs with 6.5...

but if you are there are ether related to rom or something you are doing. But ether way you should compile a list in the respective thread to address these alleged issues.

bilbobrian

Mar 26, 2007
big D
IMHO 6.5 runs far better and quicker than 6.1 ever didd, as far as bugs none that are of any consequence for me:)

R

Red5

Whats funny is my 6.5 rom is FAR more stable and reliable than the stock rom that came on my AT&T Fuze... or pretty much any other 6.1 rom I ever flashed to. I can go weeks without having to preform a single soft reset.

boomin

Sep 17, 2006
A Huge thanks to whoever is hosting the file!

I just downloaded the full file in 1.5 mins!

rlblue

Oct 21, 2008
Indiana
I agree. . at least for the time being. Break them up a bit.
I was hesitant to move to 6.5 because of said "bugs". Honestly, I haven't seen a single bug since going to 6.5 though. Works much better than 6.1 ever did.

cjensen25

Aug 18, 2007
Great response guys.

After reading through all your articles I decided to give 6.5 another shot. I tried 6.5 and experienced alot of bugs ... missing calls ... GPS not working etc.

HOWEVER...

I have just flashed the "EnergyROM Series 3.0 21215" and it seems stable enough for me... the only bug I have found so far is it keeps turning the backlight down even when I set it not too.. so going to have a dig around on the forums to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Thanks again guys

D

donottouch

To the split i vote....

No bugs in 6.5 so far but i not really intend to turn back to 6.1 i think is a good idea to split the forum into 2 piece so 6.1 or 6.5 funs no have to bother with the other builds...

burnblue

Jan 18, 2008
Tampa, FL
My two cents: 6.5 is pretty stable for me too. On the issue propose, each of the 5, 6 or so top chefs have like 2 or 3 roms and I have no trouble finding what I'm looking for on the very first page of the forum. The threads are well labelled too.

monx®

Jan 3, 2006
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Red Magic 6S Pro
I think its a good idea to split. So far, i only can see these different between WM6.1/WM6.5 :

1-No HTC WM6.5 specific addons/goodies atm.
2-Titanium by M$
3-LockScreen
4-More Outlook Ehancements.
5-Looks like M$ trying to make the WM6.5 OS more independent without 3rd party addons.

Cant wait for HTC device shipped with WM6.5 & get all the HTC goodies soon to make WM6.5 more usable :D

hollywould

Apr 18, 2007
Huntington Beach
Its not that it's hard to differentiate, but it would be easier to find the ROMs that people are interested in. Like me, I have been trying to completely ignore the 6.5 ROMs, because they don't work for me. So it would be nice to split them, or at least have a way to organize them.