4.2.2 Update Won't Install

Search This thread

Matthileo

Apr 19, 2009
Wichita, KS
I've grabbed the 4.2.2 update file and tried installing throw CWR, but I get the error 7 assert failed thing. It was because of some modified system files but i've fixed that, and now it has to do with something like /dev/block/mmc or something along those lines (i can't remember the exact error off the top of my head. I think the problem is that I have a custom kernel.

Does anyone have a CWR flash-able version of the stock 4.2.1 kernel?

Matthileo

Apr 19, 2009
Wichita, KS
Error message

Code:
Verifying curent system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("EMMC: /dev/block/platform/dw_mmc.0/by-name/boot: 4716544 : 52b[...*long string of characters*]b38ac")
E:Error in [update file]
(Status 7)

Johan1976

Jul 12, 2011
Sv: 4.2.2 Update Won't Install

You probably have installed a custom kernel. Revert to stock kernel and you'll be fine.

Skickat från min HTC Desire via Tapatalk 2

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
That was the problem. I found someone with the backup, since I didn't have 1, and I used it to restore to the stock kernel. I'm on 4.2 .2 now

[sent from my nexus 10]
Guys, can I install the 4.2.2 coming from 4.2.1 by renaming the file to update.zip and flash it through stop recovery? Im rooted btw.

domlazz

Mar 12, 2012

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
It looks like they're right. Somewhere I got a bad stock image (I think from the Nexus10 Toolkit). Here's where I found the files that worked:

http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware/nexus-10/mantaray/.

I used the Nexus10 Toolkit to reinstall the 4.2 firmware and then the 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 update zips.

Good luck!

There was an older, broken factory 4.2 image that wouldn't update to 4.2.1, but they updated the link on their site now. In any case, if you have Android SDK set up properly, you can literally just double-click a batch file included with the factory image, wait, and be restocked.

The fun part is just setting up Android SDK (which should be done instead of toolkits :cool:)

gyl49

Feb 15, 2013
I've grabbed the 4.2.2 update file and tried installing throw CWR, but I get the error 7 assert failed thing. It was because of some modified system files but i've fixed that, and now it has to do with something like /dev/block/mmc or something along those lines (i can't remember the exact error off the top of my head. I think the problem is that I have a custom kernel.

I get loading fail error in recovery or sideload. Ihave rom 4.2.1. Now I also need to research the way back to 4.2 and see if that can load 4.2.2 or not.

Izeltokatl

Make your life easy and flash this in cwm or twrp:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2148381

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD