HELP! LGOG F180S, No OS installed T_T

Search This thread
Jan 11, 2014
Hi everyone!

I was trying to install Cyanogenmod on my LGOG F180S, Im new to everything T_T

I already installed TWRP/freegee... but I forgot to insert the custom rom ZIP on the internal storage... And then the back ups I made was took out, and there is no backup currenty on the internal storage. And also the system folder was erased, the main reason why there is no OS....

How do I access the internal storage so I can put in the ZIP for custom rom? I can still boot to recovery for TWRP by pressing vol up+down.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks for all the reply. I just need a tool to access the internal storage to put the custom ROM zip file into the internal storage.

AhsonAli

Aug 7, 2013
Hi everyone!

I already installed TWRP/freegee... but I forgot to insert the custom rom ZIP on the internal storage... And then the back ups I made was took out, and there is no backup currenty on the internal storage. And also the system folder was erased, the main reason why there is no OS....

How do I access the internal storage so I can put in the ZIP for custom rom? I can still boot to recovery for TWRP by pressing vol up+down.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks for all the reply. I just need a tool to access the internal storage to put the custom ROM zip file into the internal storage.

I'm also new to android but i believe the only option you have now is to restore to stock and then re-root and put zip in storage.

see if you can go into download mode
----> turn off your phone, press both "Volume Up and Volume Down" button simultaneously
then plug in the usb cable into your phone n computer.

Sent from my LG-F180K using Tapatalk

Reactions: lancelotconquista

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
If you are able to ge to TWRP recovery, then the easiest thing for you is to use ADB. Two options: adb push, and adb sideload. Learn about it - there is a lot of info here on XDA on how to set up and use it. This is not specific to a particular phone; it's a very handy tool you can use with any Android device.

Another option would be to flash a stock KDZ, and start the whole process all over again.

Jan 11, 2014
If you are able to ge to TWRP recovery, then the easiest thing for you is to use ADB. Two options: adb push, and adb sideload. Learn about it - there is a lot of info here on XDA on how to set up and use it. This is not specific to a particular phone; it's a very handy tool you can use with any Android device.

Another option would be to flash a stock KDZ, and start the whole process all over again.

Thanks very much :) I'll try the sideload method first, but if worst comes to worst ill try to flash it.

This will be a veeeery steep learning curve for me :v

Jan 11, 2014

tried to use adb sideload / push:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317986 <-for HTC One, but the idea is the same
to be sure I also followed this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2272266

When I try to connect ADB sideload on cmd, and type 'adb device', its saying 'List of Devices Attached' but its not displaying my device
I have all the latest drivers for my F180S, including LG United Mobile Drivers... etc etc.

But when I check my device manager, it says 'LG-180S' (no F, weirdly) so its being detected

When I saw that its not working, I tried to re-flash it with official ROM, I followed instructions here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44874388&postcount=36

it says to 'press vol up+down then connect to computer'
when I try to do it, nothing happens, first its showing that its charging, then it flashes 'LG logo' for 0.5 sec, then its showing a fully charged battery, then a blank screen (the screen is lit up, but theres nothng, just black)

HELP T_T

arasyi

Apr 13, 2013
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317986 <-for HTC One, but the idea is the same

When I try to connect ADB sideload on cmd, and type 'adb device', its saying 'List of Devices Attached' but its not displaying my device
I have all the latest drivers for my F180S, including LG United Mobile Drivers... etc etc.

But when I check my device manager, it says 'LG-180S' (no F, weirdly) so its being detected

When I saw that its not working, I tried to re-flash it with official ROM, I followed instructions here:

when I try to do it, nothing happens, first its showing that its charging, then it flashes 'LG logo' for 0.5 sec, then its showing a fully charged battery, then a blank screen (the screen is lit up, but theres nothng, just black)

HELP T_T

Reboot to TWRP and connect your device to your PC.
Open device manager.
Right click at the unknown device (LG-180S), choose "update driver software"
Choose "Browse my computer for..."
Click "Let me pick from a list..."
Choose "ADB Interface", click next
Choose "Android Sooner Single ADB Interface"
continue until the driver installation complete.
Now you can use adb push, or sideload to fix your phone.
When you check using adb devices, it will list your device as recovery

Jan 11, 2014

Open device manager.

Thanks! Now another question...

Ive pushed the TWRP backups back (The TWRP folder, which includes a file named ".twrps" and then a folder named backups. But when i click restore on TWRP recovery, theres nothing displayed on restore :/ How can I restore it at least?

EDIT: nevermind, I put a name on the .twrps file (changed it to test.twrps) and it worked

Thanks anyway for the device manager trick! I would have not done it witout your help T_T Thanks thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone!

I'm also new to android but i believe the only option you have now is to restore to stock and then re-root and put zip in storage.

see if you can go into download mode
    ----> turn off your phone, press both "Volume Up and Volume Down" button simultaneously
    then plug in the usb cable into your phone n computer.

Sent from my LG-F180K using Tapatalk

HELP T_T

Open device manager.