Basic questions about rooting

Search This thread

chaos2oo2

Dec 17, 2013
Hi,

I have some questions about rooting. I got the G Pad for xmas. Previously I only had "experience" in using my iPhone :)

Pretty soon I realized that I am not allowed to push apps to my SD card without having my G Pad rooted. So I started reading about rooting...

There seem to be many different options as far as I found out, please correct me if I am wrong.

Now when I want to install another ROM like Cyanogenmod for e.g. I have to root the stock first? Right or wrong?

If read a lot of posts where people were talking about "installing drivers" and not working stuff (like knock on/off or several games). Where do I get the drivers from to install them on the G Pad? Is this step also necessary when I install Android 4.4 from Google and not Cyanogenmod (for e.g.)?

If the main reason for me to root is that I am allowed to push apps to my SD card and uninstall unwanted stock apps, isn't it enough to root the stock LG Android?

I hope you can help me out and excuse me pls for my maybe silly questions.

Kind regards,
Michael

N

notanaccount

Hi,

I have some questions about rooting. I got the G Pad for xmas. Previously I only had "experience" in using my iPhone :)

Pretty soon I realized that I am not allowed to push apps to my SD card without having my G Pad rooted. So I started reading about rooting...

There seem to be many different options as far as I found out, please correct me if I am wrong.

Now when I want to install another ROM like Cyanogenmod for e.g. I have to root the stock first? Right or wrong?

If read a lot of posts where people were talking about "installing drivers" and not working stuff (like knock on/off or several games). Where do I get the drivers from to install them on the G Pad? Is this step also necessary when I install Android 4.4 from Google and not Cyanogenmod (for e.g.)?

If the main reason for me to root is that I am allowed to push apps to my SD card and uninstall unwanted stock apps, isn't it enough to root the stock LG Android?

I hope you can help me out and excuse me pls for my maybe silly questions.

Kind regards,
Michael

Answer (1) :::

Yes ! If You have rooted ur phone , u will be able to Delete stock apps , pushe apps to ext-sd...!

its absolutely r8...!

Answer(2) :::

U need to root ur phone in order to Flash CM or any other custom rom...

If ur phone has OFFICIAL 4.4 update available then u dont need to root , use LG PC SUIT for this purpose and it would be available for download from ur LG website in ' SUPPORTS ' .

Answer(3) :::

Phone drivers fir WINDOWS are available on ur phone support page..

Search ur phone name on LG site and goto Option :-- SUPPORT ..

There must exist Driver Download link...

or just google it.....

chaos2oo2

Dec 17, 2013
Answer (1) :::

Answer(3) :::

Phone drivers fir WINDOWS are available on ur phone support page..

Search ur phone name on LG site and goto Option :-- SUPPORT ..

There must exist Driver Download link...

or just google it.....

I understood it that way that there are drivers for the tablet / phone's hardware for Android, aren't they?

EdenGottlieb

Dec 15, 2013
I understood it that way that there are drivers for the tablet / phone's hardware for Android, aren't they?

The drivers for the G Pad are baked in to the kernel or the ROM (not sure), either way you won't be installing drivers on the G Pad like in windows.

BTW, seeing android rooting for the first time I thought the drivers mentioned meant drivers for the device, like you thought

Reactions: chaos2oo2

chaos2oo2

Dec 17, 2013
BTW, seeing android rooting for the first time I thought the drivers mentioned meant drivers for the device, like you thought

Yeah, I thought the performance problems some people have come from driver problems between the Android OS and the device itself. So by rooting a tablet in general and installing a mod (whatever) does not need one to install drivers for the devices' hardware (e.g. bluetooth, camera or graphic chip) in Android OS, right?

Kind regards,
Michael

EdenGottlieb

Dec 15, 2013
Yeah, I thought the performance problems some people have come from driver problems between the Android OS and the device itself. So by rooting a tablet in general and installing a mod (whatever) does not need one to install drivers for the devices' hardware (e.g. bluetooth, camera or graphic chip) in Android OS, right?

Kind regards,

Michael

No, you don't need to install hardware. Performance issues of stock rom are caused by the heavy lG skin and bloatware, AOSP performence issues were caused by bad drivers for the hardware, but it was fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: chaos2oo2

chaos2oo2

Dec 17, 2013
I have another question:

currently there are two ways to return from whatever back to stock rom:

Mentioned here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2543350
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2471370

This involves the LG Tool to restore the image from their servers. Does this mean the G Pad is virtually unbrakeable (unbrickable)? So that I always can do the Factory reset when I messed something up during root/flash? Or are there any chances I can do something that really brakes the G Pad and makes it unusable?

Kind regards,
Michael

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, it is.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

The drivers for the G Pad are baked in to the kernel or the ROM (not sure), either way you won't be installing drivers on the G Pad like in windows.

Kind regards,

Michael

No, you don't need to install hardware. Performance issues of stock rom are caused by the heavy lG skin and bloatware, AOSP performence issues were caused by bad drivers for the hardware, but it was fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk