Rooting help

Search This thread

xxtavarxx

Jan 4, 2011
Fort Myers, FL
I recently heard that some rooting methods aren't all that great for rooting phones for e.g: when I rooted my s3 people constantly had a hard time hearing me speak when on the phone that being said what is the BEST root method?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note® 3

Last edited:

kingdazy

Feb 24, 2010
Olympia
The two most talked about here at XDA are CF-autoroot, and the kingo method.
Apparently the kingo allows to to potentially root w/o tripping the knox warranty counter. Which may or may not effect your Sprint warr. (but as soon as you install a custom recovery, it'll trip the knox.)
The other is the CF-autoroot, which trips the knox. Which may, or may not effect your Sprint warr.
The CF method was made and is maintained by our very own dev-extraordinaire Chainfire. Verified gold standard of rooting here on XDA. I recommend it.
Low call volume may be related to a rom you flash, but never "caused by rooting".

Sent from my calculator watch.

Last edited:

kingdazy

Feb 24, 2010
Olympia
No it's not. Mine works great with Knox tripped. Don't know how you go from rooting then to tripping Knox causing problems. Don't root then.

Agreed. That makes no sense.

If you don't have a solid Reason for rooting, certainly don't do it.
And if you are actually worried about warranty, don't do it.

Last edited:

kingdazy

Feb 24, 2010
Olympia
But if Knox is tripped it pretty over

Also, after poking about a bit, it seems like you could be a little more gracious to the people you are asking help from.
You ask a fair amount, get good answers, and rarely respond with anything but another question, and never say thanks or hit the thanks button.
just saying.

most members here are too polite to mention such a thing. not me.
polish up on your forum community skills, man.
or you'll find people start ignoring your questions altogether.

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Knox being triggered has no functional affect on the user experience. If you have to get your phone at Sprint it MAY be an issue but from my experience those guys are so dumb they won't realize and if they do realize they probably have their personal phones rooted and don't GAS

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kingdazy

Feb 24, 2010
Olympia
Yeah u do that. Run along

Bye Felicia!

He was the one that got in his feelings all about liking a status and replying on time and all that b.s, there are other things going on in the real world this forum is NOT a priority! You guys don't own the site if u don't like my questions, attitude then KEEP IT MOVING. Would have saved a lot of time

Well your going to be shaking your fkn till the bihh falls off last I checked u have to give respect to get it.... move around!!!

Well, there we go, huh? Thank you for so very succinctly proving my point, and confirmation that you've the vocabulary and social skillset of a preteen.
You're right, the people here in this forum, especially micmars as an example, don't "own" this site. But maybe with your exceptional observational skills you noticed that it's RUN by members, by users that create and foster a community of respect. And especially here in the Note3 forums, it's a small community of tight knit, well seasoned users, with Years of rooting/modding/general android experience, all of which have now seen you have no place here.
So you're right, it's irrelevant, to you. You won't be receiving ANY help from this community.
And insulting micmars? Hehe, you've made no friends with that. No one here is impressed with flippant BS.

Good luck elsewhere!

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
Thread cleaned...

ALL users are expected to be respectful when they post, and use of the search feature wouldn't hurt either in this case, as there are plenty of other threads that touch on this subject already.

Keep the self-righteousness and attitudinal style of posting for the social media sites folks..XDA is for development.

xxtavarxx

Jan 4, 2011
Fort Myers, FL
Well, there we go, huh? Thank you for so very succinctly proving my point, and confirmation that you've the vocabulary and social skillset of a preteen.
You're right, the people here in this forum, especially micmars as an example, don't "own" this site. But maybe with your exceptional observational skills you noticed that it's RUN by members, by users that create and foster a community of respect. And especially here in the Note3 forums, it's a small community of tight knit, well seasoned users, with Years of rooting/modding/general android experience, all of which have now seen you have no place here.
So you're right, it's irrelevant, to you. You won't be receiving ANY help from this community.
And insulting micmars? Hehe, you've made no friends with that. No one here is impressed with flippant BS.

Good luck elsewhere!

get out your feelings!!! to sit down and type an essay is just sad

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    get out your feelings!!! to sit down and type an essay is just sad

Go root and boot loop ur phone already! Lol

Sent from Sprint Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Yeah u do that. Run along

Bye Felicia!

He was the one that got in his feelings all about liking a status and replying on time and all that b.s, there are other things going on in the real world this forum is NOT a priority! You guys don't own the site if u don't like my questions, attitude then KEEP IT MOVING. Would have saved a lot of time

Well your going to be shaking your fkn till the bihh falls off last I checked u have to give respect to get it.... move around!!!

Good luck elsewhere!

Thread cleaned...

ALL users are expected to be respectful when they post, and use of the search feature wouldn't hurt either in this case, as there are plenty of other threads that touch on this subject already.

Keep the self-righteousness and attitudinal style of posting for the social media sites folks..XDA is for development.
    ^^^^^irrelevant

When something is irrelevant, one ignores it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    No it's not. Mine works great with Knox tripped. Don't know how you go from rooting then to tripping Knox causing problems. Don't root then.

Agreed. That makes no sense.

If you don't have a solid Reason for rooting, certainly don't do it.
    And if you are actually worried about warranty, don't do it.