[Help] Bootloop + Broken volume buttons

Search This thread

xasiork

Feb 20, 2014
HTC Desire
S-OFF and rooted by revolutionary
Recovery: CWM
ROM: Mildwild

As i describe, phone is in bootloop and both of the volume keys are not working. I can't get into CWM. I tried fastboot but, i can't do anything in there because of broken buttons. How can i save the phone?

Here is the fastboot screen
bravo pvt-4 ship s-off
hboot-6.93.1002
microp-051d
touch panel-synw0101
radio-5.17.05.23
aug 10 2010,17:52:18

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
HTC Desire

As i describe, phone is in bootloop and both of the volume keys are not working. I can't get into CWM. I tried fastboot but, i can't do anything in there because of broken buttons. How can i save the phone?

bravo pvt-4 ship s-off
hboot-6.93.1002
microp-051d
touch panel-synw0101
radio-5.17.05.23

Strange, why it is in bootloop, were you doing anything at the time?

A few things I can think of:

- Repair your volume buttons, look for a youtube guide. It's useful to have your volume buttons working anyway.

- If you don't want to hardware fix, I think you could potentially try fastboot commands to flash 4EXT recovery. CWM is useless as you can't navigate inside CWM with broken volume keys, and 4EXT is better anyway e.g. for partitioning sd card.
- Setup adb and fastboot, and flash the 4ext recovery.img using fastboot. (Get into fastboot by "back+power")
- Try to boot into recovery with by forcing a reboot: "fastboot reboot-bootloader" to get back to bootloader screen
- Press power to select "reboot", or try your luck again volume key to get to recovery.
- Then "adb reboot recovery" no guarantee this will work as never tried it.
- If you get to recovery, make a nandroid backup. Then try to reflash the ROM without wiping anything, see if it boots.

- Last resort is to flash an RUU and s-off again to get it booting, but the volume button issue will remain.

Eventually if you install mildwild or similar ROM again, it's best to flash the ROM on a smaller hboot, as you're still on stock hboot and wasting a lot of space.

Last edited:

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
There is a way to boot recovery using fastboot, so basically setup adb & fastboot using eddies guide then get recovery.img (4ext as pb99img in my sig, just extract the file) put the recovery.img in ur fastboot folder on pc then boot ur phone into fastboot (back + power) plug in ur phone to pc then open command window n type

fastboot boot recovery.img

That should boot u into recovery

Reactions: eddiehk6

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
There is a way to boot recovery using fastboot, so basically setup adb & fastboot using eddies guide then get recovery.img (4ext as pb99img in my sig, just extract the file) put the recovery.img in ur fastboot folder on pc then boot ur phone into fastboot (back + power) plug in ur phone to pc then open command window n type

I knew there was a way using fastboot commands! Never had to do it as my volume buttons have always worked :good:

ashuonweb

Jan 1, 2009
AMRAVATI(MAHARASHTRA)
HTC Desire

bravo pvt-4 ship s-off
hboot-6.93.1002
microp-051d
touch panel-synw0101
radio-5.17.05.23

i am also having same problem

anybody kindly help me plzzz

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I knew there was a way using fastboot commands! Never had to do it as my volume buttons have always worked :good:

yh i didnt know this untill @Chromium_ told me :)