[Q] Is it possible to install APKs for camera and theme from Sense 6 on to Sense 5.5?

Search This thread

apexnine

Mar 9, 2014
I hated the Sense 6 update so much I have rolled back. The only things I enjoyed with it were the camera, theme functions, and a small handful of other APKs it came with. Is it possible to find the APKs of ones choosing from Sense 6, install them on Sense 5.5, and have them work? I run ViperOne ROM 5.8.0, KK 4.4.2 on ATT HTC one.

Last edited:

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I hated the Sense 6 update so much I have rolled back. The only things I enjoyed with it were the camera, theme functions, and a small handful of other APKs it came with. Is it possible to find the APKs of ones choosing from Sense 6, install them on Sense 5.5, and have them work? I run ViperOne ROM 5.8.0, KK 4.4.2 on ATT HTC one.

no

apexnine

Mar 9, 2014

That was pretty straight forward. Is it basically that older Sense APKs can go to new versions of Sense, but not vice versa?

It may seem that when I do decide to upgrade again I will need to try a different ROM. I've used ViperOne for a long time now and never had any problems, but with this update something definitely was causing several conflicts on my phone.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
That was pretty straight forward. Is it basically that older Sense APKs can go to new versions of Sense, but not vice versa?

It may seem that when I do decide to upgrade again I will need to try a different ROM. I've used ViperOne for a long time now and never had any problems, but with this update something definitely was causing several conflicts on my phone.

Custom roms can do that. If you flash a custom or. You have to remember they are all beta