"Droid X pre-orders Shipping early" ...ummm WHAT?!

Search This thread

sp1kez

Jun 24, 2008
According to a handful of websites the Droid X "has been arriving at customer's doorsteps" early

my question is HOW??? There is nowhere to pre-order the Droid X online or on the phone, so how the hell are "customers" receiving them early??

Best Buy you have to physically be in the store to pick up the pre-order as they do not take your address or anything when you pre-order, wtf are they babbling about??

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/07/06...d-ahead-of-launch-does-verizon-know-about-it/

http://androidheadlines.com/2010/07/verizon-shipping-motorola-droid-x-early.html

http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2010/07/07/motorola-droid-x-shipping-early/

EDIT- Apparently if you had ordered an Incredible and were told it was backlogged and switched to X, then u get urs early

Last edited:

Breakthecycle2

Jun 7, 2009
NJ
Dude, you can order them from Verizon stores and have them shipped to you. I also think there was a way to pre order online or by phone.

microdot

Jun 11, 2009
Kansas City, MO
I am with the first dude. I was really under the impression that Verizon did NOT except any pre-orders, just BB. I have read so many articles and have been in the Verizon store many times. The closest Verizon came to taking pre-orders that I know of is making in store appointments for the 15th or allowing people the already order the incredable to switch.

dr154

Jan 3, 2010
Hyattsville
code.google.com
Actually the early Droid X arriving was a mistake on Verizon customer service system part , has nothing to do with the Droid Incredible, they accidentally shipped out 170 units to customer but they couldn't even activate them until a few days ago where Verizon figured out how to early activate these early bird device b4 the July 15th launch date.

microdot

Jun 11, 2009
Kansas City, MO
Actually the early Droid X arriving was a mistake on Verizon customer service system part , has nothing to do with the Droid Incredible, they accidentally shipped out 170 units to customer but they couldn't even activate them until a few days ago where Verizon figured out how to early activate these early bird device b4 the July 15th launch date.

Ok sorry, i am still not getting it or making my point. Why did verizon ship out any phones to customers if verizon did not take pre-orders? I can see them maybe shipping some out early to stores in error. Pre-orders still had to take place for Verizon to have the addresses to send these phones in error. And all web info indicates that Verizon did not allow or take pre-orders. :confused::eek:

sp1kez

Jun 24, 2008
Ok sorry, i am still not getting it or making my point. Why did verizon ship out any phones to customers if verizon did not take pre-orders? I can see them maybe shipping some out early to stores in error. Pre-orders still had to take place for Verizon to have the addresses to send these phones in error. And all web info indicates that Verizon did not allow or take pre-orders. :confused::eek:

EXACTLY!!

Why are cutomers getting phones when there was no possible way to "pre-order" staright from verizon????

I went into a corporate store and tried to order and they told me to come back the 15th first come first serve!!

aldo37

Jan 7, 2010
For whatever reason, the 170 people who got their phones first were by a rep that somehow got the order in, or by people who had been waiting for incredibles but changed to the droid.

rolandroland

Jun 23, 2008
Or they are just trying to build the buzz for the official launch. Be interesting to see if these early releases are spread out across the country and most of them close to major markets.

cbaty08

Jun 30, 2009
Santa Clara
Or they are just trying to build the buzz for the official launch. Be interesting to see if these early releases are spread out across the country and most of them close to major markets.

My thoughts exactly...

Went in today and played with it... must say it feels very good in-hand. Buttons were NOT wonky. Screen was gorgeous, and was very thin and light. Did not feel cheap in any way!!!!!! : )

... so excited for thursday!

microdot

Jun 11, 2009
Kansas City, MO
man, i also cant wait for tomorrow. I luckaly have the day off but i have my 9mo old son with me so i really cant go too early and stand in line for hours. I am really nervous that people will be "camping out" way early and that i will not get my hands on one. I guess i have to mentally prepare to be dissapointed.

I am also wondering if the hype is blown up and if there will really be lines for hours. I guess time will tell. i hope everyone here that wants one and thats is as excited as i am gets one.