[Recovery] & [Root]【T210R & T210】 CWM Recovery v6.0.4.9.KK [Unofficial]

Search This thread

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA

READ THIS POST BEFORE INSTALLING ANY CUSTOM RECOVERY

Updated to CWM v6.0.4.9.KK on 9-23-14 to cooperate with KitKat bootloader.

Now with SELinux enabled kernel for flashing roms that require it

Click HERE for the latest version.

Compiled from source.

@ketut.kumajaya has provided us with a kernel for CWM recovery.

Please report any bugs here in this thread.

Please take a moment to say thanks and/or donate to @ketut.kumajaya for helping us out.

Thank you to everyone who has (and still will) help in testing!!!!

Credits go to:
@ketut.kumajaya for getting this initially working (see THIS post)
@Jamison904 for giving us root
@hkjr for getting ketut to help
@k.aibutsu and @Unjustified Dev for there device source work
and of course Koush and the CyanogenMod team
@Tomsgt for the video

Link to kernel source https://github.com/kumajaya/android_kernel_samsung_lt02

Watch THIS VIDEO tutorial for a step by step visual guide for performing the instructions listed below (thanks @Tomsgt for the video).

Supplied in 3 formats:
  • Odin flashable tar.md5 (for first time installation)
  • Recovery flashable zip (requires a custom recovery to currently be installed)
  • .img file (for those who use Flashify or other direct methods).

Instructions for Odin: (use the ...tar.md5)
1. Download ODIN to your computer.
2. Power off the device.
3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
5. Start the ODIN exe program. Un-check Auto Reboot. See notes about ODIN below.
6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn't show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them).
7. Select "PDA" then choose the recovery file you want to flash.
8. Hit "START". Wait for Odin to finish (~10-15 seconds). The message area will display "RES OK" when finished.
9. Wait for device to restart. Skip this step if you unchecked auto reboot.
10. Restart directly to recovery mode before rebooting into OS.(Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).

After you get the custom recovery working, you can flash the latest SuperSu zip to get root.

Notes about ODIN
--Make sure that "Re-Partition" is NOT checked.
--Auto Reboot can be un-checked if CWM doesn't flash correctly on your device. Some have reported that un-checking Auto Reboot fixes this issue. If you un-check Auto Reboot, you will need to reboot the device yourself (refer back to step 10).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Watch this video to learn about the navigation issues and Rainbow Mode: http://youtu.be/iCNdxlNzdBI

If the highlight doesn't move on the recovery menu, the selection actually does change. Go ahead and hit Power to select. If the menu goes blank, just hit Volume Up or Down to get it to reappear.

It appears that the menu navigation issue only happens when you use the button combination to boot into recovery. If you use the Quick Boot app or "adb reboot recovery", it seems to work properly.

Instructions for recovery flashable version:
  1. Boot into your previously installed custom recovery.
  2. Select the Install Zip option.
  3. Find the recovery zip.
  4. Flash.
  5. Reboot recovery.
  6. Enjoy your new recovery.

Flash at own risk!!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DOWNLOADS

-

Last edited:

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
If you are using the recovery in post #1, then you can skip this post. This post contains modified stock recoveries only.

I recommend all T210R users should flash the newest firmware from Sammobile, ( or just use my pre-rooted version located HERE ).

The modified stock recovery zips below contain a recovery.tar.md5 file that can be flashed using ODIN. These will allow only Google test key signed zips to be flashed. There are two versions, one for the T210R and one for the T210 devices. Both versions work on my T210R, so try whichever one you feel is appropriate.

Attachments

• T210R_Modified_stock_recovery.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 12,317
  • T210_modified_recovery.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 15,490
Last edited:

loselvis777

Aug 4, 2013
Since we don't have a working full custom recovery (i.e., TWRP or CWM) yet, we have modified the stock recovery to accept update zips that are signed with the Google test keys.

The zips below contain a recovery.tar.md5 file that can be flashed using ODIN. There are two versions, one for the T210R and one the T210 devices. Both versions work on my T210R, so try whichever one you feel appropriate.

Credits go to:

Instructions:
1. Download ODIN on your computer (just do a google search to find it...version 3.07 will work fine). http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2189539
2. Power off the device.
3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
5. Start the ODIN exe program.
6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn't show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them).
8. Hit "START"
9. Wait for device to restart.
10. Restart to recovery mode to verify it works. It looks just like stock recovery.

It is not as difficult as it looks.

Please report if it works for you and what firmware and device (T210R or T210) you have.

Flash at own risk!!!!

Ok. I just flashed the original firmware. Still i cant get into recovery. Then i flashed your modified recovery, but no luck. Now i have tried T210_SAMSUNG_RECOVERY_SUPERSU-1.55_BUSYBOX-1.22.0.tar and then it boots direct in to recovery, but i can not navigate..

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Ok. I just flashed the original firmware. Still i cant get into recovery. Then i flashed your modified recovery, but no luck. Now i have tried T210_SAMSUNG_RECOVERY_SUPERSU-1.55_BUSYBOX-1.22.0.tar and then it boots direct in to recovery, but i can not navigate..

One more thing. Its only when i flash T210_SAMSUNG_RECOVERY_SUPERSU-1.55_BUSYBOX-1.22.0.tar it goes in to recovery, But if i yse the volume key and power nothing..

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
To make sure you are entering recovery correctly, can you install Quick Boot from the play store and use it to enter recovery mode.

loselvis777

Aug 4, 2013
To make sure you are entering recovery correctly, can you install Quick Boot from the play store and use it to enter recovery mode.

No needs root.. just shuts down..
i think one of the problemt is the cache file maybe..

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

by the way when i use T210_SAMSUNG_RECOVERY_SUPERSU-1.55_BUSYBOX-1.22.0.tar i get..

E:Error in /cache/recovery/uroot.zip and stock android recovery..

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

by the way when i use T210_SAMSUNG_RECOVERY_SUPERSU-1.55_BUSYBOX-1.22.0.tar i get..

now i want to try something new.. I just downloaded jamisons prerooted uk firmware, and then i will try the recovery again..

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA

E:Error in /cache/recovery/uroot.zip and stock android recovery..:
FWIW...I got that error too, but I'm already rooted.

loselvis777

Aug 4, 2013

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

now i want to try something new.. I just downloaded jamisons prerooted uk firmware, and then i will try the recovery again..

Okay.. I flashed jamisons prerooted firmware. So now im a superuser. And i have root. I use quick boot to go to recovery, and then i flashed universal-root-t21x-signed.zip from recovery. Its seems that it works now. So now all we have to do is wait for custom roms:D fingers crosed..

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Hate to say this. But this means that there is still no root and recovery for original firmware.

So here is a new guide for SM-T210 with normal firmware

Download https://mega.co.nz/#!dkQ1iSYQ!N7TdP2uBs-kc7CYBXnBVMwJyrRQqhoXIXY-90z1nG1E preerootet firmware

Flash with odin PDA. Now you are a superuser

then flash T210_modified_recovery.zip

Install quick boot from playstore.

go to recovery from quickboot and flash universal-root-t21x-signed.zip

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2391367&page=27

Now wait for custom roms:D

Reactions: gr8nole

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Okay.. I flashed jamisons prerooted firmware. So now im a superuser. And i have root. I use quick boot to go to recovery, and then i flashed universal-root-t21x-signed.zip from recovery. Its seems that it works now. So now all we have to do is wait for custom roms:D fingers crosed..

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Hate to say this. But this means that there is still no root and recovery for original firmware.

So here is a new guide for SM-T210 with normal firmware

Download https://mega.co.nz/#!dkQ1iSYQ!N7TdP2uBs-kc7CYBXnBVMwJyrRQqhoXIXY-90z1nG1E preerootet firmware

Flash with odin PDA. Now you are a superuser

then flash T210_modified_recovery.zip

Install quick boot from playstore.

go to recovery from quickboot and flash universal-root-t21x-signed.zip

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2391367&page=27

Now wait for custom roms:D

If you already have prerooted firmware, then you don't need to flash the universal root zip. You can install SuperSu from play store.

loselvis777

Aug 4, 2013
If you already have prerooted firmware, then you don't need to flash the universal root zip. You can install SuperSu from play store.

I had to flash it to see if would do on the uk firmware. When i flash on the original, it made kernel panic.
Now i can flash it. Wanna hears something strange? My CSC is still NEE(nordic):confused:

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi
I think this relates also to the bootloader version. I will try to build T210 kernel with LZMA initramfs support so we can create a small recovery image. Blame Samsung/Marvell :laugh:

Jamison904

Jun 9, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Since we don't have a working full custom recovery (i.e., TWRP or CWM) yet, we have modified the stock recovery to accept update zips that are signed with the Google test keys.

The zips below contain a recovery.tar.md5 file that can be flashed using ODIN. There are two versions, one for the T210R and one for the T210 devices. Both versions work on my T210R, so try whichever one you feel is appropriate.

Credits go to:

Flash at own risk!!!!

Awesome job my friend! Working one the first custom ROM now. Should be up tonight. :cool: (maybe kernel...muhahaha)

hkjr

Jul 25, 2008
NJ
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8T
gentlemen - i go without my kids tablet (lol they get the tab3 and i keep the tab2) for 24 hrs or so, and you've gotten to this point? awesome. goes to show everyone's skills and cooperation!

trazfer

Aug 1, 2013
Philippines
The modified stock recovery does not work for t210r. It still has navigation errors and flashing a google signed.zip(ex. Universalrootsigned.zip) has error called status 7. The only recovery that can run the signed root even in original firmware is the 2nd recovery posted by ketut.kumajaya.

I posted this on the root method thread

Sent from my SM-T210R using xda app-developers app

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
The modified stock recovery does not work for t210r. It still has navigation errors and flashing a google signed.zip(ex. Universalrootsigned.zip) has error called status 7. The only recovery that can run the signed root even in original firmware is the 2nd recovery posted by ketut.kumajaya.

I posted this on the root method thread

It seems to be hit or miss. It works great on my T210R and I tested it with a signed zip.

I plan on returning to stock non-rooted tomorrow and testing more.

Last edited:

trazfer

Aug 1, 2013
Philippines
It seems to be hit or miss. It works great on my T210R and I tested it with a signed zip.

I plan on returning to stock non-rooted tomorrow and testing more.

I will test more. I will take into consideration ur output. Well i managed to root the original firmare of t210r using the modified recovery and flashing of universalrootsigned.zip in the modified recovery.

Last edited:

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi
I compiled recovery kernel from source: http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=t210 + http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=exfat . LZMA support added, the attached recovery image compressed in LZMA format (smaller). I also slightly change my "universal" root, remove device model checking routine. Both package untested, flash it at your own risk!

NOTE: Kernel compiled using Google's arm-eabi 4.6, *lt023g_defconfig. Just compared 3g and wifi defconfig and saw different GPIO config (different buttons behavior?) I need T210 "cat /proc/version" output and please, a quick feedback :good:

Attachments

• T210_SAMSUNG_RECOVERY_MOD_LZMA.tar.md5.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 312
  • T210R_SAMSUNG_RECOVERY_MOD_LZMA.tar.md5.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 281
Last edited:

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi
Just uploaded the world's smallest Android recovery :D Both kernel and ramdisk compressed using xz compression method. Try it, may open the opportunities of CWM ;)

nitol

Sep 1, 2009
dhaka
Non of the recovery works in my rooted 210R. Same navigation issue.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
I compiled recovery kernel from source: http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=t210 + http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=exfat . LZMA support added, the attached recovery image compressed in LZMA format (smaller). I also slightly change my "universal" root, remove device model checking routine. Both package untested, flash it at your own risk!

NOTE: Kernel compiled using Google's arm-eabi 4.6, *lt023g_defconfig. Just compared 3g and wifi defconfig and saw different GPIO config (different buttons behavior?) I need T210 "cat /proc/version" output and please, a quick feedback :good:

My results from testing this morning.

I did a factory data reset and then flashed the full US (T210R) firmware to return to completely stock non-rooted status. Then I flashed the T210R modified stock recovery (that I posted here yesterday) and it worked perfectly. I then flashed the new universal root zip provided by @ketut.kumajaya (it did return one error 7 at the end, but still worked) and I was rooted. :good:

I then tried the ketut's new T210R LMZA recovery and it did work, but still had navigation issues. :good:

I then tried ketut's new XZ recovery, but got a kernel panic. :crying:

So, at least for my T210R (with the newest T201R firmware from Sammobile), the recovery in the OP still works perfect.

I look forward to hear more feedback from others users, but for now, I recommend all T210R users should flash the newest firmware from Sammobile, ( or just use my pre-rooted version located HERE ) then give the modified recovery a try.

Last edited:
Reactions: ketut.kumajaya

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

READ THIS POST BEFORE INSTALLING ANY CUSTOM RECOVERY

Updated to CWM v6.0.4.9.KK on 9-23-14 to cooperate with KitKat bootloader.

Now with SELinux enabled kernel for flashing roms that require it

Compiled from source.

@ketut.kumajaya has provided us with a kernel for CWM recovery.

Please report any bugs here in this thread.

Please take a moment to say thanks and/or donate to @ketut.kumajaya for helping us out.

Thank you to everyone who has (and still will) help in testing!!!!

Credits go to:
    @k.aibutsu and @Unjustified Dev for there device source work
    and of course Koush and the CyanogenMod team
    @Tomsgt for the video

Link to kernel source https://github.com/kumajaya/android_kernel_samsung_lt02

Watch THIS VIDEO tutorial for a step by step visual guide for performing the instructions listed below (thanks @Tomsgt for the video).

Supplied in 3 formats:
    • Odin flashable tar.md5 (for first time installation)
    • Recovery flashable zip (requires a custom recovery to currently be installed)
    • .img file (for those who use Flashify or other direct methods).

Instructions for Odin: (use the ...tar.md5)
    1. Download ODIN to your computer.
    2. Power off the device.
    5. Start the ODIN exe program. Un-check Auto Reboot. See notes about ODIN below.
    8. Hit "START". Wait for Odin to finish (~10-15 seconds). The message area will display "RES OK" when finished.
    9. Wait for device to restart. Skip this step if you unchecked auto reboot.
    10. Restart directly to recovery mode before rebooting into OS.(Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).

After you get the custom recovery working, you can flash the latest SuperSu zip to get root.

Notes about ODIN
    --Make sure that "Re-Partition" is NOT checked.
    --Auto Reboot can be un-checked if CWM doesn't flash correctly on your device. Some have reported that un-checking Auto Reboot fixes this issue. If you un-check Auto Reboot, you will need to reboot the device yourself (refer back to step 10).

Watch this video to learn about the navigation issues and Rainbow Mode: http://youtu.be/iCNdxlNzdBI

If the highlight doesn't move on the recovery menu, the selection actually does change. Go ahead and hit Power to select. If the menu goes blank, just hit Volume Up or Down to get it to reappear.

It appears that the menu navigation issue only happens when you use the button combination to boot into recovery. If you use the Quick Boot app or "adb reboot recovery", it seems to work properly.

Instructions for recovery flashable version:
    1. Boot into your previously installed custom recovery.
    2. Select the Install Zip option.
    3. Find the recovery zip.
    4. Flash.
    5. Reboot recovery.
    6. Enjoy your new recovery.

Flash at own risk!!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DOWNLOADS

-
    If you are using the recovery in post #1, then you can skip this post. This post contains modified stock recoveries only.

I recommend all T210R users should flash the newest firmware from Sammobile, ( or just use my pre-rooted version located HERE ).

The modified stock recovery zips below contain a recovery.tar.md5 file that can be flashed using ODIN. These will allow only Google test key signed zips to be flashed. There are two versions, one for the T210R and one for the T210 devices. Both versions work on my T210R, so try whichever one you feel is appropriate.
    Started with #7, it is flipped (left to right) but getting better.

Will test others now.

EDIT: # 6 is the winner...touch works perfect in Aroma File Manager.
    Flip horizontal + swap x,y :good:

As I had expected:
    attachment.php

Time to sleep as a winner :laugh: Thanks @gr8nole.
    I just got CWM booting

Still testing features.
    Updated to 6.0.4.5. Now featuring swipe interface. Check it out and let me know how you like it.

This is the first version I actually compiled fully from source (as opposed to the jenkins builder).:good: