[Q] WTF Titanium Backup

Search This thread

ViperFUD

Jun 6, 2008
Boston, MA
So I rooted my Atrix some time ago, and installed TB. Made a backup 2/23.

Motoblur ****ed up (no surprise) and I was directed by customer support to do a factory wipe yesterday. I didn't have a more recent backup than 2/23, so I reinstalled to that and then re did everything I'd done since then (dl apps, changes settings, etc).

So today I ran TB again ... I chose "Batch -> Backup all user apps + system data". I didn't think this would do anything other than create backups.

However, now my Motoblur is ****ed up again! :eek:

My home screens are all screwed up, my widgets are all mis-sized (1x4's are 1x1??), my contacts are screwed up, etc etc.

Has anyone else had this problem with TB? I'm running the free version ... I didn't think that creating (not restoring) a backup would screw up my phone ...

I know the immediate response would be to blame motorolla but I think that this is a TB issue.

Thanks.

~Viper

Mustang302LX

Feb 28, 2011
Petaluma, CA
Did you do a backup of the system and user apps? If so this is probably your issue. I've read to just do user apps and not system included with that. If you had an issue in the system files and you back that up and restore that it will replace the fixed files with the older "broken" files.

I'd suggest do a batch backup of apps and reflash again and then restore the app data.

ndn715

Nov 7, 2006
Seattle
I'd suggest do a batch backup of apps and reflash again and then restore the app data.

+1, ive never had good results with restoring the system stuff... it will overwrite weird stuff in the system and you're always much better off just restoring the apps. PIA to have to reconfigure the home screen, accounts, etc... but it doesnt take too much work and things will run _much_ smoother...