Dzo's Aurora ICS for u8800 - General Discussion

Search This thread

mtrhead

May 22, 2012
Hi first thk Dzo´s it´s a amazig rom :)

Everything works great for me with version 3.1 update 5 e martin update

The only problem is with the camera...everything that is withe our bright comes out whith neon halos :(

Any sugestions

thks

I also have problems with camera, but it is not a same problem as above. My camera freezes totally. After a while it says: Camera doesn't response. Do you want to close it? Pressing OK and camera shut down. But after that I can't start it anymore. Message says No contact to camera.

After rebooting it works again a while.

At moment I have Aurora 3.1_update4. Same problem was with earlier updates. Once the camera took only black photos, but it happened only one time.

Any help?

EDIT: done some tests and now even reboot didn't help. So now my camera is totally useless. Prompt help would be very respected.

EDIT#2: Video camera works fine, but still camera doesn't

Last edited:

Tmp341

Dec 18, 2011
hello to everyone.
since some versions ago and even the current 3.1 Update4 people complain that they can not hear me during calls, I have to put in a loud voice for the people can hear me.
I have active echo cancellation.
In all installations I do all three wipes.
Anybody else have this problem or know how to fix?

I have that too :(

pSych0bUNny

Sep 8, 2011
On 3.1.5 & I am still experiencing my wifi sleeping and not waking until I toggle wifi. This usually happens overnight.

Here is my logcat from yesterday morning after this issue, http://db.tt/60woNMit

I then installed update.Martin v4, clearing all caches as well as logcat. It was fine all day however this morning I had to toggle wifi to get it to wake again. Logs here, http://db.tt/ehAgIGq8

Is it just me?

-P

Sent from my U8800 using XDA

ssbilly1

May 8, 2012
Ljubljana
Updated to aurora_3.1_update4 from update 3 and now the wifi will not turn on.

Anyone else had the same issue?

found out it was

Originally Posted by ssbilly1 View Post

For those with slow wifi, works for me

download: http://www.mediafire.com/?654tgap4w1svnfi (patch)

Link: http://xdaforums.com/show...92957&page=340

that broke wifi for me, installing the file marked original did not bring it back. So beware.

I believe that the file marked as back to original is not the latest Aurora version, so do not use it.
Again, it works for me and some others. And yes, be carefull as always :rolleyes:

Mr.Wolf

Apr 2, 2007
EDIT#2: Video camera works fine, but still camera doesn't

Have you tried clearing the camera data

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

The built-in encryption of ICS (Settings -> Security -> Encrypt phone) is not working. As soon as I start the process, the green droid appears as it is supposed to - then nothing happens. The encryption process does not start at all.

I would love to fix this myself, but I do not know what the problem is exactly.

XphX

This is just a sugestion, I have no idea if it will work.
I had a similar problem, back in Oxygen: Had to include 2 libraries and recompile kernel to run some encryption software.

Try to see if aurora kernel is compiled with the same libraries, as the kernel of another ICS rom, were phone encryption works.
Try to compare kernel .config file from aurora and a working rom.
How to pull the .config from the newest boot.img: scripts/extract-ikconfig boot.img > .config

Reactions: XphX

Jokuaga

May 26, 2012
update5

I just installed update 5 and everything seems to work now. Audio quality is quite poor compared to original ROM, but it works. Thanks dzo!

Janosik82

Nov 26, 2011
Jyväskylä
I've used this rom since day before yesterday and i like this is great :) everything's working ok! But i'm wondering, is there any chance to mute the camera's shutter sound except mute all sounds (ringtones, notifications etc.)?

fjsferreira

Nov 16, 2009
Ponta Delgada
Xiaomi Mi 11i
I've used this rom since day before yesterday and i like this is great :) everything's working ok! But i'm wondering, is there any chance to mute the camera's shutter sound except mute all sounds (ringtones, notifications etc.)?

Go to /system/media/audio/ui and delete camerca_click.ogg and camera_focus.ogg... If you want those sounds in the future, backup first, of course :D

Mr.Wolf

Apr 2, 2007

Rename/replace:
/system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg
/system/media/audio/ui/camera_focus.ogg

There's a ultra detailed guide here

EDIT: Had a phonecall and fjsferreira was faster :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Janosik82

ajobbins

Nov 30, 2011
Are there instructions for rolling back to stock GB ROM?

I have to set my router to G wireless for it to connect under newer ICS builds (If I set to N it connects, but do data transfer works).

Also with no sound working on VoIP/SIP it's a deal breaker for me.

pSych0bUNny

Sep 8, 2011
No Auto Mobile Data Switching

Phone is not switching to mobile data automatically.

Was initially running a clean B518 to 3.1 to 3.1.5 with WPA supplicant however within 12 hrs auto switching to mobile data stopped. Logcat_2.6.txt attached.

Redid the B518 to 3.1.5 however still issues with auot switch to mobile data - phone thinks it is still connected to wifi ap. Logcat_2.6.1.txt attached.

What am I missing?

-P

PS. Is there no way to attach files using xda app?

Attachments

• logcat_2.6.txt
    116.4 KB · Views: 0
  • logcat_2.6.1.txt
    115.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

pSych0bUNny

Sep 8, 2011
Are there instructions for rolling back to stock GB ROM?

See bottom of this post - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20875916&postcount=1

Me personally, I copy the B518 dload fold to the internal 'sd card', power off, remove the actual SD card (I do this to prevent any possible data loss) and power back on - process goes from there and about 5 reboots later back to stock GB.

-P

EDIT: To clarify, the process is the same as the linked post, however make sure you have a GB (2.35) ROM.

Last edited:

Mr.Wolf

Apr 2, 2007
Thank you for the tip, Mr.Wolf, I will definately give it a try.

SHA256 and AES, are two functions LUKS Manager needs and were not included in oxygen kernel.
I don't think including these 2 in aurora kernel, will solve ICS encryption problem, it would be a huge coincidence.
Try to compare the kernel .config file, from a working rom with aurora.
After I got LUKS working, I realized I didn't need encryption, so I didn't test any encryption in aurora.

EDIT #1:
If you find a ICS rom with working encryption, you could try it's kernel in aurora.
In aurora, try to look at the logs, maybe there's a hint about what's going wrong (when you try to use ics encryption).

EDIT #2:
You can use the command "make menuconfig" to add functions to the kernel, instead of editing the .config file.
It has text mode interface and it changes the .config.
There you can find all crypto functions, maybe some are needed and not included... It's just a guess.
menuconfig

Last edited:

Fri13

Jan 15, 2011
Rename/replace:
/system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg
/system/media/audio/ui/camera_focus.ogg

There's a ultra detailed guide here

EDIT: Had a phonecall and fjsferreira was faster :)

Huh, that "ultimate guide" was again so complex and long that people should do it trough terminal after remounting /system with read-write permissions.

Code:
su
mv /system/media/audio/ui/camera_*.ogg /system/media/audio/

It just moves the needed audiofiles to one step up of directory tree and it is easy to restore them from there if needed.

XphX

Aug 23, 2009
Vienna
SHA256 and AES, are two functions LUKS Manager needs and were not included in oxygen kernel.
I pulled the config.gz located in /proc directly from my device, it shows
Code:
CONFIG_CRYPTO_SHA256=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_AES=y

I guess this means (unless the file I pulled is the wrong one) those libraries are already included in Aurora.

If you find a ICS rom with working encryption, you could try it's kernel in aurora.
I'll do that as a last-resort option, I am not sure if my phone would start up then.

In aurora, try to look at the logs, maybe there's a hint about what's going wrong (when you try to use ics encryption).
Do I need the /dev/log/system log? I had a look at that but there are no time stamps and searching through this big log without them did not get me anywhere. But if you know that this is the right file, please tell me and I'll look through the whole file. I guess finding an error message in a log is my best chance to get to the root of the problem and to solve it.

XphX

Top Liked Posts