[Ask Your Questions Here] Questions And Answers for Desire HD Users

Search This thread

Valentia007

Aug 2, 2012
Töcksfors
I'm pretty sure you can do that on your stock ROM. Go to languages and keyboards, there should be something there. Otherwise, some ROMs will support more languages, others less. Certain ROMs are also country specific. My recommendation is just to root your phone. It sounds like you're not too familiar with rooting, so I recommend doing a bit of research first. It's very easy to backup apps, app settings, and entire ROMs, if you find something you don't like, restoring a ROM you did like takes a few minutes.

You can back them up using titanium. When you flash a new ROM it'll be like the first time you turned on your phone, you'll have to set things up again. BUT this time you'll be rooted, and if you backed up your old apps, it'll take only a few minutes to restore them using Titanium.

So with a new ROM i will have access to Google play and all the apps that ive purchased? also can you recommend me a good ROM (If possible in swedish) with ICS or Jellybean ^^ since im new to this i want to have the ROM that have the best "Reviews".

Thanks Valentia

markusboy

Sep 24, 2011
Looking for a task manager...

Hallo. I have a rooted DHD with Revolution 6.1 and just reinstalled after some glitches I was experiancing. I installed all the apps I needed but one. I need that task manager that was in my long forgotten stock rom and had a microchip as an icon. I used it to close running apps in the background and I liked it as it was very simple to use. Is there a way to find it somehow or is there another app you suggest?
Thank you in advance.

Gabouka

Jun 18, 2012
Does somebody know which official RUU can I install to my phone, if I have a CID: HTC___032 ?

I am asking it, because I have screwed up my phone a bit, and a want to return to stock. I do this PD98IMG.zip stuff, but after the blue and the the yellow bar have filled in the top right side of the bootloader, i says an error: Main version is older. I am trying the European WWE 3.12.405.1 rom, but I know that mine says I am on 3.13.0.0 in the RUU installer. What should I do?

Last edited:

markusboy

Sep 24, 2011
Hallo. I have a rooted DHD with Revolution 6.1 and just reinstalled after some glitches I was experiancing. I installed all the apps I needed but one. I need that task manager that was in my long forgotten stock rom and had a microchip as an icon. I used it to close running apps in the background and I liked it as it was very simple to use. Is there a way to find it somehow or is there another app you suggest?
Thank you in advance.

Bulletin: Just flashed a couple of mods.
APM_&_Wakeup_screen_volume_buttons_ARHD_6.3.x.zip
and
Quick_Settings_XL_2.0_ARHD_6.3.x.zip
So the task manager I was looking for appeared in my app list. I guess it was the 2nd mod. Anyway my problem is solved, so never mind the question and have a nice day...:)

dsigman

Jan 5, 2010
mms theme issue (compose_text_editor_bg_p.9 not acknowledged)

Has anyone else noticed that the (compose_text_editor_bg_p.9.png) graphics are not being applied with the mms theme overlay!

does anyone have a fixed system mms.apk that is applying this correctly???

hichem512

Feb 28, 2012
Algiers
Arabic on my DHD

Hello,
I installed the Android Revolution HD 7.0.4 with sens 3.5. It noticed that it support Arabic language by installing a package. But the problem is the unavailability of this package on the version 7.0.X of the Rom. someone can help me please ?!

mahdi12

Dec 13, 2011
i have a problem

hi
my dhd is restart on htc logo
i flashed with 2 ota rom and 3 ruu rom but.........
can you help me?
:confused:

zoofake

Aug 9, 2012
Rooting Telus Desire HD

Since I can't post in the following development thread yet I pose my question here.

[GUIDE] Telus Desire HD - Rooting and Flashing

I recently got the Desire HD from family member. It's been locked to a Canadian carrier (Telus), and I would like to know what is the latest and best method of rooting the phone as the above thread was last updated on 22nd May 2012, 06:51 PM.

oPtImUsPrImEmX1 mentioned that the method does not currently work on Gingerbread 2.3.5, software number 3.13.661.4, which is what my phone is currently running.

Is AAHK compatible or should I be looking at another method? And yes I've done some reading, but since this is a carrier specific question I thought I would pose it here.

zphantom1

Mar 21, 2010
Cassville, MO
Tried that app you suggested..it is brilliant..stored all of my txts on SD card in a couple a mins :good:

Which SMS Backup and Restore? (There's a few on the play store named similar). I'd love one that backs-up MMS as well. I've had luck with TiBu backing up my messages, wireless access points, and call logs. They back up to a .csv file on the SD card. I'm not sure if it's because I'm using pro or not though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gingerbread RUU - RUU = ROM Update Utility
    This has been posted in several places, but go to Settings/Language & Keyboard/Select Language. Select English even if already selected. It should stop the FCs

Sent from my abucus
    To answer your question, after clearing all of the contacts then the first time you try to add a contact the phone asks you whether you want to save it as a Google or a Phone contact. If you choose Google then the contact will be synced with your Google account the next time you do a sync. Reversely, if you add a contact to your Google account then it will be added to your phone as well.

However I too like to keep the two separate so I never add a contact as a Google contact. I do the Extract to SD thing (select Phone contacts) and it works fine for me, but I have no Facebook (I even originally rooted my phone so I could remove the app) plus, after rooting I installed a custom ROM and I am now on version 1.84 (stock phones only got up to 1.72 and now HTC has even taken that update down, all new phones can't go over 1.32 without a hack or rooting) so that might be the reason.

However there's yet another way. I am not clear whether it's the HTC Sense system or Google but if you choose to have Google backup your phone (go to settings -> privacy and then tick both options) then the following things will be backed up:

Your wallpaper
    Your ring tones
    Your settings across the Android system (no app-specific settings though)
    The apps you downloaded from the Market (again, just the apps, not their settings).
    and your Contacts.

These things are saved every time you do a full sync.

After hard resetting when the setup wizard asks you to, connect to the internet, add in your Google and your HTC account and then there's a screen where it asks you whether you want to allow Google you back up your settings. If you allow the phone and if you don't do ANYTHING with the phone that affects ANY of the above (like accessing the market or manually changing a setting, just don't use it at all just to be sure) then as soon as it connects to the internet you will see all of the above being restored.

I have installed various ROMs at least a dozen times by now and the one thing that makes it so easy is that I don't have to do all of the above every time I do so.
    I still keep a backup of my contacts just to be sure though.
    SD Maid may be able to help you.
    How can I delete the contact backup from the SD?
    I recovered them after a phone hard reset and they seem to be muddled up. They are not more that 30 so I would like to register the contacts again and have a new backup.
    Hey, the backup on the SD is a simple vcf file (e.g. pcsc_pcsc_00001.vcf) in the SDs "root" (the beginning of the SD, nothing to do with rooting the phone).
    All you need to do is put the SD in a PC and delete it or, download a file manager from the Market (I like ES File Manager) and delete from there.

Now, as to how to delete the current phone book, go to People (Πρόσωπα) press the Menu button, choose Delete (Διαγραφή), again press menu to close the keyboard and open another selection and then click choose all (Επιλογή όλων). Finally hit Delete (Διαγραφή) to delete all of the old phone book.

CheerS!