Really want to order a z ultra gpe due to price drop and have 7 million questions

Search This thread

dimex

Nov 28, 2012
Why would I want to put something like that on my phone....

pP9h8Wf.jpg

OK big guy.

dragonclif

May 9, 2013
Okay so at the very least I'm going to need to remove the plastic protector and get a glass screen protector on it. Hopefully there are some quality ones that have a nice oleophobic coating on them.

I have had mine for over 6 months now. I put in my jeans pocket and walk and sit with it all the time. No bending or breaking. If I am wearing really snug jeans I can't sit with it when I am driving my car because it jabs my groin a little. I take out of my pocket when I drive most of the time anyway. But I walk and sit with it in my pocket all the time in my normal Levi's 560 jeans, with no problems. I have one small scratch on the back of the phone. Not sure how it happened. I think I brushed up against something hard one day when I was carrying in my hand. I have no plans to remove the bonded factory screen protectors. They aren't so bad in my opinion. The single scratch on the rear is minor.

blcistheking

Jun 20, 2008
NYC
Anyone know how the battery life is generally speaking compared to the Z1? I currently have a nexus 5 and was looking to upgrade to something with a bigger battery and microSD card.

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
I read the speakphone was only mediocre on some reviews. I also see that on the spec list that it has stereo speakers. Is this true? Are there two? Are there any solutions to getting more volume out of the speakers?

dimex

Nov 28, 2012
I read the speakphone was only mediocre on some reviews. I also see that on the spec list that it has stereo speakers. Is this true? Are there two? Are there any solutions to getting more volume out of the speakers?

The volume mod does WONDERS. The stock ZU is so quiet, really disappointing. With the mod, the phone is loud. I don't think it's available for the GPe. Don't quote me on that though.

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
The volume mod does WONDERS. The stock ZU is so quiet, really disappointing. With the mod, the phone is loud. I don't think it's available for the GPe. Don't quote me on that though.

Are there dual speakers? Where are the speakers located on the phone? The back or bottom?

bryce850

Mar 17, 2011
Tallahassee
OnePlus 8 Pro
Yea and from researching all week the og has more dev support is also what's pushing me to it, even tho there are so many upsides to any phone that's gpe

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Free mobile app