[30-05-13][SD/MAGLDR] Barebone CM7 V3 SRAM

Search This thread

EvilMegaDroid

Aug 28, 2014
Can someone give me links

Sorry to open this old thread but i would like to try this ROM , Does anyone still have this Rom around on his pc , Thanks
Also i tried some links on the site but they all give me "It appears something went wrong..." error message

EvilMegaDroid

Aug 28, 2014
ohh that's why , i though it was my sdcard problem since i can't install things on ext4 partition since the sdcard is half dead (getting a new one soon) , so how do i run this ? also do you think that a sdcard that has problem would make some zip files not able to flash since i can flash some roms and some other roms or mods i can't (dunno why)

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

ohh that's why , i though it was my sdcard problem since i can't install things on ext4 partition since the sdcard is half dead (getting a new one soon) , so how do i run this ? also do you think that a sdcard that has problem would make some zip files not able to flash since i can flash some roms and some other roms or mods i can't (dunno why)

ohh yeah , about your question . im using magldr since i can't get the drivers of clk working on win8.1( thinking of doing a clean install of win7 again since win 8.1 sucks ) so that may be the problem of my flashing errors too , maybe ?

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

ohh yeah , about your question . im using magldr since i can't get the drivers of clk working on win8.1( thinking of doing a clean install of win7 again since win 8.1 sucks ) so that may be the problem of my flashing errors too , maybe ?
Read the first post for magldr;), if it is unclear, please post and I will try to fill in the gaps. People just knew what to do when this was first posted:)

What win 8.1? You are the second person to mention win8.1, HD2 has only 7.8:confused:
Edit; doh, you mean on PC lol

EvilMegaDroid

Aug 28, 2014
Read the first post for magldr;), if it is unclear, please post and I will try to fill in the gaps. People just knew what to do when this was first posted:)

What win 8.1? You are the second person to mention win8.1, HD2 has only 7.8:confused:
Edit; doh, you mean on PC lol

yup i mean win 8.1 , i will check it later first i want to find a solution to why i can't flash some mods or theme tweeks , it is getting really annoying

denizenx

May 5, 2007
Hi there
trying this out.
using a one gig file but each time I run haret it goes into the Android boot screen, and then reboots into Windows.
what does the reboot x 3 mean? I've run it four times.

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Hi there
trying this out.
using a one gig file but each time I run haret it goes into the Android boot screen, and then reboots into Windows.
what does the reboot x 3 mean? I've run it four times.
It sounds like you might be getting bootloops from the 1gb data.ext4.
delete that data.ext4
edit the startup.txt file with the size of data.ext4 that you require (assuming there is enough space on sdcard).
reboot 3x is for after the rom has booted to make sure everything works ok.

denizenx

May 5, 2007
Thanks... finally got it up after fiddling with the data file..
I tried to set dpi to 160 but apps like FB messenger don't fill the screen... is that the dpi issue in the front?

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Thanks... finally got it up after fiddling with the data file..
I tried to set dpi to 160 but apps like FB messenger don't fill the screen... is that the dpi issue in the front?
To change dpi in superRAM builds, you have to use a root enabled browser, open /bootsystem/build.prop and edit the line ro.sf.lcd-density to whatever value you want.

Reactions: philipped346

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London

TheHunterNL

Oct 13, 2014
Veenendaal
did you check md5sum of your download? It does seem wrong that you should have so many FCs, there over a thousand downloads and I don't recall this being an issue. It might be worth re-formatting the sdcard using https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html and trying again, sometimes helps. What make and class card is it?
Also

I don't know how to check md5sum. But, i switched to a different nand 4.2 rom. TouchWiz. But, thanks for the help, and this will be my second rom :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This build is ported from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1867986 using Portadroid xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1094372 Credits and thanks to Rick_1995, boonbing for Portadroid, cyanogenmod, cmhtcleo team (arif-ali, milaq, charansingh and all other cm developers) for device tree, tytung for kernel, Darkstone1337 for SuperRAM concept, and any others we forgot.

Instructions:

Well you know just extract everything and put the build folder (the one with all the files in, for example ics, jelly) in the root of your sd card. If WM6.5 tap on clrcad (nothing appears to happen) then haret, if magldr navigate to build folder using ad-sd dir and select build folder name then boot AD SD.
    Please remember to REBOOT X 3.
    Magldr users can get different sized blank data.ext4 from here xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24930501&postcount=1353 edit; may get boot loops, please test. Magldr default=512Mb if you leave empty. edit2 here is blank 256mb one http://www.mediafire.com/?ey40c1wti77ni2w

Downloads

Barebone CM7 V3 -Latest SuperRAM build from Rick_1995 see this post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42007074&postcount=64
    note that this is not a port from nand rom, but an exclusive SuperRAM build from Rick_1995
    There is a problem for magldr users changing lcd density, a solution is posted here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47161712&postcount=78 (thanks to Calisto1986 for the heads up). HaRET users are unaffected and can edit startup.txt as usual

Barebone CM7 V2b SRAM

DEV-HOST LINK

Barebone CM7 V2 SRAM

DEV-HOST LINK

Barebone CM7 SRAM

DEV-HOST LINK

This is from parent thread by Rick_1995
    Note: I compiled this rom for myself but figured sharing won't hurt, and hence I don't plan to provide much support though I'll see what i can if you find a bug.

What is the difference between this and the nightly ?
    All libraries and native code is compiled in ARM mode (except for libwebkit which is still in thumb mode due to it's excessive size) and compiler side optimization is turned on (again, exception being libwebkit using -Os and sqllite using -fno-fast-math).
    Important function calls and syscalls are aligned for faster response time.
    I re-implemented some of the cpu atomic functions based on what I've learned so far, swp is used for atomic swap instead of ldrex/strex, register swapping of old value is done at success so if a context switch does occur, the loop will be aligned at the same boundary as the function. On best case, there shouldn't be any difference but can improve execution time for worst case of context switches.
    Java libraries and bionic libc are compiled with NDEBUG, and the debug variable for java is also set to false.
    Most crap (stuff that "I" do not use, has been removed ie. VPN, live wallpaper support etc..)
    Fixed a few memory leaks in bionic, dalvik and ppp (also tether).
    I've removed most locales except en_US and en_GB, though android still seems to be compiling strings from other languages in the build, so they might work but i can't guarantee anything with locales other than en_(US|GB). Arabic patch
    Reverted the patch which auto closed notification bar when all notifications are canceled/removed. It was irritating me..
    more stuff i don't remember.

For now the kernel is tytungs-r1 ics kernel patched for gingerbread, though I will be patching/updating and working on the cmhtcleo kernel once i have the build known to be bug free after some time.
    I have uploaded a new version of Rick_1995's latest version which he posted here.
    The changes i made were
    1. I used portadroid 4.0 to port it. This creates ext4 image of system and allows magldr users to use different sized data.ext4 from here
    2. This has already been ported so all non-used files are already deleted, first boot will take less time (unless a new data.ext4 is being created), and will go straight to setup without rebooting.
    3. I put tytung's rmnet to ppp update in the build since portadroid only usses ppp
    4. Changed name of vending.apk to Vending.apk, so market now works
    5. Changed name of build folder to bbcm72 (also in startup.txt) to have a unique folder name, and to avoid confusing android with a folder name it uses for storage. Startup.txt also has default of 128mb data.ext4 and gps zone sg (HaRET users change to suit)

Download http://d-h.st/1La

Thanks Rick_1995
    Hey guys,

I have a small update that I've been using myself over the past few weeks. Most stuff I use works just fine but I'd like to inform you that I have not tested any cellular functionality at all as I no longer use HD2 as my daily phone (moar time for hacking!) Also, bare with me, as I'm a portadroid newb, I'm not really sure if superRAM is working or not.

Feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Download (Dev-Host)

PS: Some things you might want to do to make it smoother,

Open settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> Interface
    1) Overscroll effect: None

Open settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> Performance
    1) Turn-off dithering
    2) Enable 16 bit transparency
    3) Scrolling cache: Default disable
    4) Allow purging of assets
    Finally got a chance to try it.
    First boot took a few minutes as usual for porting.
    Second boot took less time.
    Data not working, had to put system folder from rmnet to ppp update into sdcard/android/root folder and reboot, and it is working now.
    wifi works out of the box.
    market keeps FCing, tried installing gb gapps (system into root folder and reboot) but still get FCs. tried fixing perms. Will see what i can do tomorrow.
    Running nice elsewise.
    :good:
    Will update OP tomorrow too, night all.
    Is there any plan to port v2b?

I'm using Barebone CM7 V2 SRAM and having problem about data connection. When I disable the data and enable it, there is no data connection. I have to restart for the data connection to come back. Does anybody have this problem and how to fix this? This build uses RMNET or PPP?
    v2b SRAM on post #1
    Sorry for delay in posting this.
    Data works, tested on magldr and haret.

EDIT:i have changed post 1 title thread date for you Robbie;)