[ROM][MIUI][11/07/2012] MIUI.us v4.1_2.11.30 Jellybean based ROM

Search This thread

0xD34D

Feb 7, 2009
San Diego

miuiusanim.gif

MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
MIUI v4.1 For T-Mobile SGS 2

This build is based on MIUI Jellybean, if you are looking for ICS you want version 2.8.10

Installation Instructions:

• Place ROM zip file in your SD card
  • Boot into recovery
  • Create a backup
  • Factory Reset if coming from a different ROM
  • Wipe dalvik-cache if upgrading from previous version of miui
  • Install zip from SD card
  • Reboot and enjoy!
Not Working:

• I'm sure there is something, so let me know what you find.

Changelogs:

ROM Changelog:
  • Fixed problem with themes not fully applying and causing Theme Manager to stall - 11/16/2012
  • Patched MIUI to use old Theme Manager - 11/07/2012
  • Fixed issue with user-agent in browser not working correctly and not displaying mobile versions of websites.
  • Added noise suppression to Phone.apk - 10/27/2012
  • Fixed issue with HTML5 Video not working in browsers - 10/22/2012
  • Switched to a CM10 base now that MIUI is built on Android 4.1.2
  • Updated base using AOKP unofficial build from September 18th
  • Fixed FC when resizing widgets - 9/15/2012
  • Added US weather to MIUI Weather app - 9/14/2012
  • Fixed text selection in browser - 9/14/2012
  • Fixed Mms FC when going back to conversation list - 9/14/2012
  • Now the re-mounting bug seems to be squashed (keeping my fingers crossed) - 9/9/2012
  • Removed "RECOMMEND" tab from Sms/Mms app
  • Added 20M and 50M download limits to Download Manager
  • Random re-mounting of external storage (I believe this is resolved, let me know if you still experience this)
  • Camcorder working (720p max, video distorted at 1080p)
  • Camera now supports up to 8MP
  • Fixed MIUI Music Player not playing music
  • Fixed Network Assistant FC
  • Fixed mounting of external storage via USB
  • Fixed incoming calls not being received
  • Fixed sound quality using libs provided by Eugene373
  • First release - 9/3/2012

MIUI Changelog
BUGS/ISSUES:
Found a bug or have an issue with the functionality of this ROM? Head on over to http://bugs.scheffsblend.com/describecomponents.cgi?product=MIUIUS-HERCULES-JB and see if the bug or issue exists and if not please feel free to file a new bug with the bug tracker. This is the best way to have the issue officially documented and for myself to keep track of known issues as they occur.
If it's an app related bug/issue click on the link that says "Apps" on that page and proceed with filing a new bug or searching for an existing one
It it's system related, such as sound or wifi issues, then click on the link that says "System" on that page and proceed with filing a new bug or searching for an existing one.
Using this tracker in conjunction with this forum thread will help me out and help others find out if this issue is known and is being worked on or fixed.

If you are looking for an ICS based MIUI please see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1657608

Last edited:

eriksoto

Apr 18, 2010
Elgin
I'm on 2.8.24 right now. Downloading the update, can't wait to flash this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

Coldfusown

Sep 18, 2011
Thanks for this! I was on the JB release until last night when I realized I couldn't get calls inbound >_, Glad to see it's been fixed! I'll give it another go soon. Thanks for your time and effort into this ROM.

** To add: This ROM is buttery slippery smooth! I was seriously impressed and it was something I missed on my old Sensation. Glad to see the camera is fixed also in term of MP.

Last edited:

shankar10

Apr 28, 2011
USA
I'm getting invalid device specified. Can you upload it to somewhere else

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

gigoo25

Jul 29, 2009
Wow great rom! I did notice some bugs though... Not sure if it is just on my end or if it is the ROM

Issues:
1) The reboot to recovery option does not reboot me into recovery just a normal reboot... (Using latest TWRP)
2) Access control in the setting ask for a password to be set and when I try to set the password it does not seem to stick.
3) Sometimes the volume control for my Media does not work... It is just set and I cannot change the volume unless I reboot.

Will try to report back if I find anything else :) other than that keep up the great work! Amazing ROM!

Last edited:
Reactions: jd_dpgc

wannabeswede

Feb 4, 2009
I have missed MIUI since I got rid of my HD2, this is great.

I have one issue though, ROM only sees 1 directory on my external SD card. Astro file manager sees all but built in file manager, and other spps I install like Winamp do not .

Hope I didn't miss anything in the OP.

I have 64gb card

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

miuiusanim.gif

MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
    MIUI v4.1 For T-Mobile SGS 2

This build is based on MIUI Jellybean, if you are looking for ICS you want version 2.8.10

Installation Instructions:

• Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    • Boot into recovery
    • Create a backup
    • Factory Reset if coming from a different ROM
    • Wipe dalvik-cache if upgrading from previous version of miui
    • Install zip from SD card
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    Not Working:

• I'm sure there is something, so let me know what you find.

Changelogs:

ROM Changelog:
    • Fixed problem with themes not fully applying and causing Theme Manager to stall - 11/16/2012
    • Patched MIUI to use old Theme Manager - 11/07/2012
    • Fixed issue with user-agent in browser not working correctly and not displaying mobile versions of websites.
    • Added noise suppression to Phone.apk - 10/27/2012
    • Fixed issue with HTML5 Video not working in browsers - 10/22/2012
    • Switched to a CM10 base now that MIUI is built on Android 4.1.2
    • Updated base using AOKP unofficial build from September 18th
    • Fixed FC when resizing widgets - 9/15/2012
    • Added US weather to MIUI Weather app - 9/14/2012
    • Fixed text selection in browser - 9/14/2012
    • Fixed Mms FC when going back to conversation list - 9/14/2012
    • Now the re-mounting bug seems to be squashed (keeping my fingers crossed) - 9/9/2012
    • Removed "RECOMMEND" tab from Sms/Mms app
    • Added 20M and 50M download limits to Download Manager
    • Random re-mounting of external storage (I believe this is resolved, let me know if you still experience this)
    • Camcorder working (720p max, video distorted at 1080p)
    • Camera now supports up to 8MP
    • Fixed MIUI Music Player not playing music
    • Fixed Network Assistant FC
    • Fixed mounting of external storage via USB
    • Fixed incoming calls not being received
    • Fixed sound quality using libs provided by Eugene373
    • First release - 9/3/2012

MIUI Changelog
    BUGS/ISSUES:
    Found a bug or have an issue with the functionality of this ROM? Head on over to http://bugs.scheffsblend.com/describecomponents.cgi?product=MIUIUS-HERCULES-JB and see if the bug or issue exists and if not please feel free to file a new bug with the bug tracker. This is the best way to have the issue officially documented and for myself to keep track of known issues as they occur.
    If it's an app related bug/issue click on the link that says "Apps" on that page and proceed with filing a new bug or searching for an existing one
    It it's system related, such as sound or wifi issues, then click on the link that says "System" on that page and proceed with filing a new bug or searching for an existing one.
    Using this tracker in conjunction with this forum thread will help me out and help others find out if this issue is known and is being worked on or fixed.

If you are looking for an ICS based MIUI please see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1657608
    well this was to be fixed but need some time to find the CM10 commit for noise suspension and track down the fix, this issue is to some users cus not all are reporting the same thing.

and to the other people , wait for 2.10.26.1 , to fix the power menu( 4 wayboot ) reboot issue.

regards

Rather than everyone speculating about the issue and the fix, I've been playing around with it and here's the deal. The noise suppression found in CM roms is implemented in the Phone.apk. Here's the catch, MIUI uses their own Phone.apk and to complicate things they obfuscate all their apks, which ends up mangling class, method and member names. After following the breadcrumbs in phone.apk I think I might have gotten a possible fix added in. Right now I've added it to incoming calls so I need to track down a couple more methods where the noise suppression is called in CM and match those up to the calls in MIUI's apk. I expect to have an updated ROM tomorrow morning with these fixes for you all to test out.

So there's a little status update for you guys so you know it's not being neglected, it's just MIUI likes to make **** difficult.
    Update coming

I'm running my builds now for 2.11.30 and will have an update shortly. Been quite busy with my new project and a bit burned out on MIUI with all their changes. Stay tuned for an update and if a MIUI/AOSP hybrid ROM sounds like something you'd like to see, throw me a vote at http://rootzwiki.com/topic/36997-you-pick-the-winner-nexus-4-developer-contest/

To give you an idea of the progress here are some screenshots
    http://0xd34d.minus.com/mbygQJ9SAt1uwo#!/2.0

Those are all using MIUI mtz themes and running in a modified version of CM10. More to come like lockscreens, tabbed status bar with toggles, modified dialer and much more.

Thanks for your support!
    2.9.7.2 is up for grabs.

I think I finally got rid of that pesky external storage remounting bug. I've been running the build for several hours and have not had any remounting events come up in the log at all. It seems to be running like a champ but if you find any problems, let me know (as I'm sure you will :p)

That Phone.apk was a partial test which only enabled noise suppression when an incoming call is answered. That was the easy one to track down and fix. I've since tracked down the other methods for enabling it on outgoing calls and disabling it once a call is ended. I've created a 2.10.26.3 build which now has this revised Phone.apk.

You can find it at http://goo.im/devs/miui/hercules/MIUI.us_hercules_v4.1_2.10.26.3_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_0xD34D.zip

For those that flash this update, please reply with results.