EFIDroid

Search This thread

m11kkaa

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2011
EFIDroid is a easy to use, powerful 2ndstage-bootloader based on EDKII(UEFI).
It can be installed one-click with the EFIDroidManager app. You can add/remove/edit multiboot ROM's.

There's no special support needed by ROM's or RecoveryTools(no kexec etc).

Supported devices
  • fairphone/fp2 (Fairphone 2)
  • motorola/condor (Motorola Moto E 1rd Gen)
  • motorola/peregrine (Motorola Moto G 4G)
  • oneplus/bacon (OnePlus One)
  • pantech/ef63 (Vega Iron 2)

FAQ
  • this is a UEFI port, can we port Windows?
    no, trust me.
  • Can I still use fastboot after installing this?
    If you flash to the boot/recovery partitions, UEFI will be overwritten.(dd in android/recovery instead). all other partitions work as usual.
  • I FOUND A BUG
    Report it on Github. If there already is an issue for your bug and you don't have anything useful to add, just hit the thumbs-up button. This way I know how many people are affected and can adjust my priority list. I will not keep track of all bugs reported in posts of this thread. If you want a bug to get fixed, report it on github

Installation
  • Just download the EFIDroidManager App from the playstore and hit install.

XDA:DevDB Information
EFIDroid, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
m11kkaa
Source Code: http://github.com/efidroid

Version Information

Created 2016-08-25
Last Updated 2016-11-11

Attachments

• screen_main.png
    screen_main.png
    61 KB · Views: 14,134
  • screen_reboot.png
    screen_reboot.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 13,941
  • screen_file_explorer.png
    screen_file_explorer.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 13,892
Last edited:

m11kkaa

Jan 20, 2011
can explain a little more what the benefit is?

benefit over what? if you mean multitom: efidroid tries to focus on simplicity, and doesn't require any kernel modifications etc.
in general: well having such a powerful bootloader in your boot stage gives you lots of possibilities, like multiboot, replacements/additions for kernels/ramdisk/cmdline.

This project has a lot more potential than what's currently implemented. i.e. you can give samsung devices fastboot and sony devices a standalone recovery. Also you can natively boot GNU GRUB if you're into booting linux kernel's the desktop way.

Last edited:

Manu99

Aug 16, 2015
Google Pixel 5
Probably this project has a lot of potential, why don't you publicise it a little more? Make some request to other devs so that they can note your work, and help you to support more functions and devices

m11kkaa

Jan 20, 2011
Probably this project has a lot of potential, why don't you publicise it a little more? Make some request to other devs so that they can note your work, and help you to support more functions and devices

Thank you.
My publication skills are very bad :D but I guess I could scroll through device forums and PM a few talented devs.
Btw I spent the last 2 years working on this project(I had to build up an entirely new technical infrastructure) and before that I worked on Xiaomi Mi2 for 3 years(before Xiaomi was allowed on XDA) so I don't know who the big devs are on XDA :D

MSF Jarvis

XDA Feed Mod/Inactive RC
Mar 31, 2015
msfjarvis.dev
Thank you.
My publication skills are very bad :D but I guess I could scroll through device forums and PM a few talented devs.
Btw I spent the last 2 years working on this project(I had to build up an entirely new technical infrastructure) and before that I worked on Xiaomi Mi2 for 3 years(before Xiaomi was allowed on XDA) so I don't know who the big devs are on XDA :D
Sultanxda, arter97, Grarak will cover most of OnePlus for ya

Reactions: m11kkaa

avinashjirapure

Dec 19, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
@m11kkaa

As per understanding, the project will make our device dual boot but unlike Multirom it doesn't requires any patched kernel. This is interesting... & surely exciting :)

I am using a nexus 4 (mako) with Android 7.1 r7 (Nitrogen-OS). Can you please enable support for Nexus 4?
Please let me know...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

m11kkaa

Jan 20, 2011
@m11kkaa

As per understanding, the project will make our device dual boot but unlike Multirom it doesn't requires any patched kernel. This is interesting... & surely exciting :)

I am using a nexus 4 (mako) with Android 7.1 r7 (Nitrogen-OS). Can you please enable support for Nexus 4?
Please let me know...

yes that's right.
I can't just enable support for devices. Somebody who owns the device has to port it(it's pretty easy though).
You should ask one of your device's big developers.

avinashjirapure

Dec 19, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
yes that's right.
I can't just enable support for devices. Somebody who owns the device has to port it(it's pretty easy though).
You should ask one of your device's big developers.
That's super prompt reply :)

I won N4 but unfortunately I am not dev.
But has some understanding so If you could share porting procedures I may give a try... & if that didn't work... Surely will ask some N4 dev to help to port.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EFIDroid is a easy to use, powerful 2ndstage-bootloader based on EDKII(UEFI).
    It can be installed one-click with the EFIDroidManager app. You can add/remove/edit multiboot ROM's.

There's no special support needed by ROM's or RecoveryTools(no kexec etc).

Supported devices
    • fairphone/fp2 (Fairphone 2)
    • motorola/condor (Motorola Moto E 1rd Gen)
    • motorola/peregrine (Motorola Moto G 4G)
    • oneplus/bacon (OnePlus One)
    • pantech/ef63 (Vega Iron 2)

FAQ
    • this is a UEFI port, can we port Windows?
      no, trust me.
    • Can I still use fastboot after installing this?
      If you flash to the boot/recovery partitions, UEFI will be overwritten.(dd in android/recovery instead). all other partitions work as usual.
    • I FOUND A BUG
      Report it on Github. If there already is an issue for your bug and you don't have anything useful to add, just hit the thumbs-up button. This way I know how many people are affected and can adjust my priority list. I will not keep track of all bugs reported in posts of this thread. If you want a bug to get fixed, report it on github

Installation
    • Just download the EFIDroidManager App from the playstore and hit install.

XDA:DevDB Information
    EFIDroid, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    m11kkaa
    Source Code: http://github.com/efidroid

Version Information

Created 2016-08-25
    Last Updated 2016-11-11
    can explain a little more what the benefit is?

benefit over what? if you mean multitom: efidroid tries to focus on simplicity, and doesn't require any kernel modifications etc.
    in general: well having such a powerful bootloader in your boot stage gives you lots of possibilities, like multiboot, replacements/additions for kernels/ramdisk/cmdline.

This project has a lot more potential than what's currently implemented. i.e. you can give samsung devices fastboot and sony devices a standalone recovery. Also you can natively boot GNU GRUB if you're into booting linux kernel's the desktop way.

Thank you.
    1+1 is now supported too :)
    @m11kkaa would you like to chat? I'm one of the XDA News Writers. We're interested in featuring your work.

Thanks to @MSF Jarvis for pointing us towards this amazing project!