CM 7 Release Candidate RC 4.0 available on Nook Color

Search This thread

Divine_Madcat

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 9, 2005
USA
Straight from nightlies to RC........ wow

Ok, for those interested, i do not believe this will have the video lag fix.. i do not get how this can be an RC level release....

Last edited:

soricon

Dec 7, 2010
I just installed it and it seems to work fine, including YouTube. No lag detected, at least on my Nook Color.

Fuzzy_Dunlop

May 10, 2010
Or if the menu lag/garbage collection issue has been fixed? When I tried it about a week ago certain apps such as Reddit is Fun were basically unusable due to the extreme menu lag.

colorado_al

Aug 4, 2008
CyanogenMod-7.0.0-RC4 has arrived

CyanogenMod-7.0.0-RC4 has arrived

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/cyanogenmod-7-0-0-rc4-has-arrived

The next round of RCs have arrived. From RC2 until now has mainly been bug fixes and we’re getting near the final state. In this release, there may still be some lingering GPS issues on the Evo and the N1 call audio bug hasn’t been fully fixed. But if you were happy with the previous RCs/Nightlies on your device, there is no reason not to update to this one.

That being said, this is the most stable version of CyanogenMod 7 to date and will probably be the last RC before the final rolls around. The most notable new fixes are on the tablet side of devices. The Nook Color, for example, now has working hardware acceleration. Because of these fixes, many of them are receiving their first RC. There was also a big fix from AOSP for EGL issues, which is why all devices bumped to RC4 from RC3.

Feel free to grab CM7-RC4 (or RC3.14159265358979323846264338327 as we call it internally) from ROM Manager, our forums, or our mirror network if you prefer manual downloads.

Get it here:
http://download.cyanogenmod.com/get/update-cm-7.0.0-RC4-encore-signed.zip

Last edited:

rogerdugans

Dec 8, 2010
Only issue I had was that I had to manually install google apps to get the market working.

Other than that- I miss the Tablet Tweaks. ;)

rogerdugans

Dec 8, 2010
Nightly over nightly gave me no problems.
You might be fine.

Worst case is that you would have to boot into recovery to re-flash the rom and wipe data and cache, so just make sure to back up your current rom.

efaden

Dec 24, 2010
Try the new version of Wake Timer in the Market. Works for me on Froyo.

Are there any major issues in RC4 that should make me hesitate to move up from Nookie Froyo to CM7?

Does the internal media partition work properly on this ROM?

Sent from my Nook Color!

The issue was that you couldn't actually sleep the device... death sleep or something in the kernel and the nook color. Basically this means the device was always on and using about 2% of the battery per hour even while "off". That pretty much means it can't go on the wifes NC.

ajd88

May 12, 2010
west yarmouth
Where do you get Android marketplace apk? I just flashed this and now I don't have a market place. I'm coming from phiremod 5.2.

Sent from Fascinate SuperClean 2.9.2 Voodoo Using Xda Premium App

Last edited:

JLCollier2005

Mar 9, 2011
quick question from someone who's never messed with nightlys before my nook...why would I install this instead of nightly build 32? I'm guessing the RC4 would be just a really good nightly build that they feel is ready for release, yes?

Edit: I just noticed that the RC4 was just posted, so I think what I said is basically right.

Another edit (sorry): also, can someone tell me what clearing the cache does (or doesn't do if you decide not to do it) when you switch or update roms?

Last edited:

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
quick question from someone who's never messed with nightlys before my nook...why would I install this instead of nightly build 32? I'm guessing the RC4 would be just a really good nightly build that they feel is ready for release, yes?

Edit: I just noticed that the RC4 was just posted, so I think what I said is basically right.

Another edit (sorry): also, can someone tell me what clearing the cache does (or doesn't do if you decide not to do it) when you switch or update roms?

The cache consists entirely of files that can be thrown away as they get regenerated by apps as needed. When you upgrade your ROM it's recommended you clear the cache so that the system and its apps don't get confused by cached files that represent scenarios that are not relevant to the ROM you're running.

bjkel

Jul 18, 2008
The issue was that you couldn't actually sleep the device... death sleep or something in the kernel and the nook color. Basically this means the device was always on and using about 2% of the battery per hour even while "off".

I would really like to know if this is fixed in the RC release too.

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
Just flashed it to my NC. I went back to Zeam launcher just becuase it's what I was using on Nookie Froyo and I had all the settings & shortcuts backed up already. I also added Button Savior for those times when the status bar buttons are hidden. I really like the "lens" lock screen as it's much more convenient to swipe down on a 7" screen than across.

So far I haven't run into anything that doesn't work. Titanium Backups of my user apps went in quite happily. My Angry Birds can rest easy, their hard work has not been in vain ;)

The only hitch so far - my Titanium restore of Thumb Keyboard did not work as expected. Under input settings, the checkmark refused to go on. I re-installed from the Market, enabled it successfully, and then restored the data only from Titanium.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts