【DoubleX】make yourGN fullscreen apk!【support4.1】

Search This thread

johnp357

Jan 14, 2012
gummyNex Option

this is pretty cool! Any chance you can guide us through Gummy's version?

Thanks in advance!

neotekz

Oct 7, 2007
Ottawa
im a bit confused about step 7 and 8. you want use to take resources file out of the recompiled apk and put it in the original? shouldnt it be the other way around since we are going to be putting the recompiled apk back into our device and not the original.

what is the apk that you link to download for?

Last edited:

hinds90

Feb 23, 2011
I really want to try this since I can't find a transparent zip that's not laggy. Is there a guide some where on teaching how to recompile and decompile.

dezvous

Mar 23, 2010
It would be really cool if we could think up/find a way to completely rid ourselves of the permanent on screen buttons and replace them with a completely gesture based method. Or maybe very small screen edge hotspots...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mrx8836350

Apr 18, 2011
KL
im a bit confused about step 7 and 8. you want use to take resources file out of the recompiled apk and put it in the original? shouldnt it be the other way around since we are going to be putting the recompiled apk back into our device and not the original.

what is the apk that you link to download for?

if original apk is A recompile apk is B

you pull pull the resource from B,and push in A u get Ab

then use Ab replace A in you ROM/system/framework。

that all。

download is Ab for build23AOKP ROM and stock 4.02

Last edited:
Reactions: e34v8

mrx8836350

Apr 18, 2011
KL
It would be really cool if we could think up/find a way to completely rid ourselves of the permanent on screen buttons and replace them with a completely gesture based method. Or maybe very small screen edge hotspots...

hope someone develop this。。。I try all the APP,they didnt work good on ICS。

Reactions: e34v8

dc iz 2 legit

Apr 27, 2011
so I can use root explorer and replace the Res apk with the aokp23 in the op?

hinds90

Feb 23, 2011
is the gesture the same as in the video (just tapping the lower right corner)?

I figured it out. Its great but i dont think it works good with nova launcher.

Last edited:

neotekz

Oct 7, 2007
Ottawa
I only provide aokp build23 and stock 4.02 to download,if U are using anyother ROM,PLZ, follow the 【how to?】 and make the correct apk。。to use

i used your instructions on the first try. changed bool.xml and then recompiled and took resources out of unsignedframeworks-res.apk and put it in the original frameworks-res.apk and pushed the original apk back into device, that give me bootloop. but i did managed to get it kinda working second try. i did it a bit differently though i used apk manager 5.0.2. when i recompiled the apk i choose yes for system apk and yes for the second option too and deleted resources.arsc during the recompile. then renamed the unsignedframeworks-res.apk to frameworks-res.apk, zipaligned it and pushed it to the device using adb.

the nav menu is gone but it messed a few things up. settings menu is different and lockscreen is cut off. there are other changes too so i dont think i got it right yet. i played with it a bit trying out button savior and you are right it does lag the launcher. we need a better alternative to using button savior. maybe some way to only hide the nav bar and bring it back easily.

20120215012407.png

20120215012252.png

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just wanna make my phone fullscreen to game and any apps
    now,it works ,I m using a gsm galaxy neuxs

video
    button savior

gesture LMT

gesture+pie LMT

--------------------------show pic----------------------------
    Screenshot_2012-04-03-12-02-09.png

Screenshot_2012-04-03-12-02-14.png

---------------- how to-------------------

just install the apk,and press ,than reboot ,be sure you got LMT or button savior

FullScreenToggle.apk

FullScreenToggleV2.apk-Support4.1

View attachment FullScreenToggleV2.apk -Support4.1 XDA link

LMT http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1330150
    Version for stock 4.0.4

I went ahead and made the mod using the stock 4.0.4 framework-res.apk. It's just the edited .apk and not flashable. I used adb to push it, but you can probably download one of the flashable .zips in post 1 and put this file in there if you want. This mod is great with LMT Launcher and the pie option.

Please if you don't mind would you patch this for me? I would greatly appreciate it. I'm running Ir11 beta 2.
    It's simple to do by yourself :). Download the attached working-apktool.zip. Extract it. Double click Command Prompt.bat. Put your framework-res.apk into the same folder. Type "apktool if framework-res.apk". Then, type "apktool d framework-res.apk". It will make a folder called framework-res. Find bools.xml and follow instructions in post 1. In command prompt, type "apktool b framework-res new.apk". Open (don't extract) framework-res.apk and new.apk with an archive manager (I use 7zip). Drag resources.arsc from new.apk to framework-res.apk. Close the windows and you are done. Place it in a flashable .zip from post 1 or use adb.

If you can't get it, post and I or someone can try. I'd rather teach someone how to do it themselves than do it for them :D.
    For some reason I can't edit my post to attach files :confused:

Anyways, made two flashables for your convenient :D

Don't forget to BACKUP first!!!

AOKPB23 GSM Only.
    hide navbar for Paul's Modaco Rom 4.0.4

Well guys , I got many requests of how i flashed 4.0.4 with this mod , so I am posting a flashable CWM zip for paul's 4.0.4 Rom . So here is the attached file. I didn't do any scripting, just replaced the op flashable file of aokp with 4.0.4 framework of modaco. Make sure you guys install latest version of LMT before you flash so you can navigate better after the flash.
    o_O That sounds freaking awesome!

I know I shouldn't ask this, but any ETA?

Sure you can! Give me 1 or 2 hours...