Galaxy S III Shipping May 2012 Update: 2012/04/23

Search This thread

Netman_

Jul 3, 2011
Did you see the app's that need dual core to work, all im saying is that there has to be a reason for the quad core

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App

Yea, one big reason - MARKETING and ADVERTISING, nothing else
One magic number '4' and sales are growing up very

On this stage, quad core A9 < dual core A15

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
The new HTC one X looks very impressive indeed although a glaring omission is no micro sd card facility i sincerely hope the Galaxy S3 doesn't make the same mistake;)

Elvispen

Sep 9, 2011
I'm hoping for different versions of the phone, 16 32 and 64GB (128GB) versions of the S3 due to an faster internal memory than a slower sd card.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

sumeshd

Nov 5, 2010
Mumbai
am i the only illusionist or is anyone also seeing a slider from bottom end to top...
its a slider..maybe imo it may be dual screen or better yet the new flexi amoled tech that is rumored that sgs3 contains...
ooooohhhhhh...the wait is just killing me and confusing me...
should i get hox tat i will have hand 2moro or wait 4 months for this...:mad:

Toss3

May 13, 2008
Stockholm
The new HTC one X looks very impressive indeed although a glaring omission is no micro sd card facility i sincerely hope the Galaxy S3 doesn't make the same mistake;)

Yup the One X looks sexy enough to be a worthy upgrade from the SGS2, but the lack of a micro SD slot and no interchangeable battery, just makes waiting for the SGS3 that much easier. Damn you Samsung for making us wait this long. :p

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
The HOX is lovely but serious battery issues at the moment, we are all waiting for an OTA update! Screen is better than then SGS2, camera is excellent and Sense is far better than TouchWiz.

Patiently waiting for the SGS3 as well to see what that brings to the table.

jj03

Oct 19, 2010
disagree with the camera statement. the hox camera is quite average with the exception being thats its quite good in low light...but thats it...waiting for the gs3 anyhow. can't be bothered with htc...their phones always look fckin hideous.

cyberboob

Apr 4, 2012
Agree with BJ van Beethoven. - I have 3 HTC phones and battery drains on them like crazy. But as far as the OP goes, too many bogus pics there... think will confuse people.

.Arkham

Mar 25, 2011
Toronto
I don't know... I was a bit excited but after looking through various other articles on this 'leak', I saw someone else make a good point.

Look at an old GSII image:

vkBLi.jpg

Kind of suspicious. Sure, they rearranged the "Fast. Vivid. Slim" tagline, and one of the "I"s in the new "S III" looks wonky.

Not to mention that tagline that really can't just be attributed to bad translation, it's that awful: "What's your Smart life?".

I like what we see of this "Flight of the Navigator"-like phone, but I'm writing this off as suspicious.

Reactions: Krishnadusad

sohebq

Aug 20, 2011
RAWALPINDI
Guys, any real guess for the battery capacity so far? ICS is already battery hungry on Galaxy s2, so I am highly interested to see how much battery capacity will be on S3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm going to amend a post from earlier. Here's the contenders for the possible SOC in the Galaxy SIII (and compared to the Exynos 4210 in the Galaxy SII).

Exynos 4210
    CPU: Dual-core Cortex A9 @ 1.2ghz
    GPU: ARM Mali 400 MP4
    Process: 45nm

Exynos 4212
    CPU: Dual-core Cortex A9 @ 1.5ghz
    GPU: Unconfirmed, believed to be ARM Mali 400 MP4 clocked 50% higher than in the 4210
    Process: 32nm
    Status: Confirmed as sampling in October 2011, should be available for shipping product around April 2012

Exynos 4412
    CPU: Quad-core Cortex A9 @ 1.5ghz
    GPU: Unconfirmed, believed to be ARM Mali T-604
    Status: Leaks show this as a possible Samsung SOC, but no official confirmation. Unknown if sampling and when general availability might be.

Exynos 5250
    CPU: Dual-core Cortex A15 @ 2.0ghz
    GPU: Unconfirmed, lead candidates are ARM Mali T-604 and PowerVR SGX544
    Status: Confirmed as sampling as of November 2011, should be available for shipping product around May 2012

-----------------------------------------------------------

With that said, I just cannot fathom Samsung using the 4212 in the Galaxy SIII. That would mean their flagship model would have a speed boost over the SII and nothing more. So, the lead candidates should be the 4412 or the 5250. The 5250 is their 2012 flagship SOC, whereas the 4412 is just a rumor at this point. But, for ****s and giggles, let's compare their theoretical performance.

Exynos 4412:
    Cores: 4
    DMIPS per clock: 2.5
    DMIPS per core: 3,750
    DMIPS total: 15,000

Exynos 5250:
    Cores: 2
    DMIPS per clock: 3.5
    DMIPS per core: 7,000
    DMIPS total: 14,000

So, the quad-core would encode 4 or more streams slightly faster than the dual-core, but in actual real-world usage, the dual-core would stomp the quad. This is because no program is 100% efficient as multi-threading. With each core you get diminishing returns. Each core in the 5250 is significantly faster than each core in the rumored 4412. Trust me, if you had to choose, you WANT the 5250.

It could be either SOC, but the hopeful side of me is saying the Exynos 5250 is the chip in the Galaxy SIII. OMAP5 will be out in the second half of 2012 and uses the same technology as the Exynos 5250. So, if the Galaxy SIII gets the 4412 instead, it will be the first time the Galaxy S series has been outclassed by another shipping product in the same calendar year.
    Quadband, HSPA+, 4.65" Super-AMOLED Plus Display, WLAN, aGPS, Gorilla-Glas, Android 4.0, Quad-Core 2 GHz, Ram 1.5 GB, 32 GB internal Memory, WLAN, Aluminium-Case, BT 3.0, 10 MP Cam Shipping May 2012

584c1fdf-90b2-ab36.jpg
    This is Fake !

Come on !!! Screen shot is Galaxy S 2, look like It has been eating lot of Cheese Burgers. .. :D
    So something official here.. News is from Economic Times, one of the most famous newspaper.. 3rd May is the Date!! Its The Official Olympics Phone!!

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...all-we-know-about-it/articleshow/12715281.cms

http://www.dnaindia.com/scitech/rep...e-unveiled-as-official-olympics-phone_1677637

Welcome to 3 days ago.