[Mod] WP7 Default Theme Reg Keys + Values / Dark Email Mod

Search This thread

p00ltergeist

Apr 18, 2010
you can try download my app Metro Theme (see the sign) and restore the original theme from here

No can do, Im only interop unlocked. As far as I know there's no method yet to fullunlock samsung focus s.

But since you've developed a "themeapp" you possibly dont have any idea of what my problem could be do you?

p00ltergeist

Apr 18, 2010
If you are interop unlocked you can use the newest version of Root Tools and do most things that a full unlock can.

Yes im aware of that , im currently using the 0.9 version in which I have been fiddle to much in the registry with and thats why im in this situation.

Bazaar market requires your phone to be completely unlocked in order to download apps (it pointed out?) and so in that case im unable to download "Metro Theme" and revert my black theme back to normal to solve my problem hopefully.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Bazaar and Metro Theme will both work just fine if you use WP7 Root Tools and set them as Trusted in the Policy pivot.

mapaz04

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Would you mind...

Would any of you mind sharing the edited office .dll file you created :confused:

Thank you guys for your help. jejeje :D

Plays2

Sep 4, 2011
Peachtree City
Alright I'm confused. Which of those values changes the email background?

Sent from my CETUS using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Perhaps it is just me, but every time I go into the email app I am always bothered by the colours of it. It is actually physically painfully white at night - going from a dark themed homescreen to a pure white screen. Finally, I had enough of this and decided to fix it.

We've known the registry values for themes for quite some time and people have performed keyboard colour changes and a background colours, but I've never really modified much other than that. After playing with different theme colours for over an hour I decided I really just wanted my email app to match messaging.

WP7 uses the light theme for email, even when the rest of your phone is using the dark theme.
    This is rather obnoxious.
    I decided I was going to record the values of the individual themes and document their effects - this is so I can always revert to normal - and I figured these values could be helpful to others for creating their own themes.

Here are the keys I played with and their default values:
    Local Machine / Control Panel / Themes / [O for Light / 1 for Dark]
    wp7keys.png

By mapping all the dark theme values to the light one - we can have a dark themed email app to match the rest of your dark themed phone
    screencapture7.jpg

screencapture6.jpg

Yes - I realize that mapping both themes to Black eliminates the point of having 2 themes - but this way your email app matches your dark theme - which is what I wanted.

I played with a series of other theme colours and could never find one I particularly liked.
    So play with it and post your results, I'd love to see some cool themes that actually look nice.

Note:
    You must have a way of editing the registry on your device to do this - personally I use WP7 Root Tools 0.7 Alpha, but you can use whatever method you prefer. For Nodo+ devices this means you'll also need Interop Unlock, but if you have a way of editing the registry you probably already have this.
    Don't ask how to edit the registry here - there are already many threads for that.

We can go on and on about how this is better for AMOLED screens but not helpful to LCDs and all that jazz, but honestly, I just want my the applications on my phone to match and not blind me at night.
    ok so this is great.... but how do I fix office? the double dark theme messes it all up cuz the office background stays white. Like where is the background image stored and can it be edited?
    With that mod Office is wrong:( Background hides the content.

Yep, I had to change it back. I'm gonna see if there is some registry value we can change to just get email to use the dark theme.