EVO 3d no longer being sold?

Search This thread
What are you guys replacing them with then?

Sent from my Anthrax infected 3D!
If I've helped you in any way... hit the "Thanks" button.

My Sprint store tried to force a EVO 4G Design on me. Hell no, I'm waiting for my upgrade in June. But I'm waffling between the Galaxy Nexus, EVO 4G LTE and whatever the Galaxy 3 will be.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using XDA Premium

Volumes

Mar 29, 2012
I went into sprint Sunday to replace my E3D, the charger dock on the phone, the tab snapped. Repair shop couldn't fix it. So they said refurbs are on back order, they said oh well and just got me a new one.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

lyon21

Feb 27, 2011
Chicago
I'm wondering if we can get an Evo 4G LTE as a replacement when it comes out. I know a bunch of people got 3Ds as replacements for the 4G when it came out. Hmmmmm... Might have to try this out.

Astrikz

Mar 27, 2012
I'm wondering if we can get an Evo 4G LTE as a replacement when it comes out. I know a bunch of people got 3Ds as replacements for the 4G when it came out. Hmmmmm... Might have to try this out.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I know apple did this. My sister broke her iPhone 4 and they didn't have any in stock so they gave her an iPhone 4s.

Will just have to wait and see.

Cetus Corr

Mar 20, 2009
San Jose

That would be awesome if true. I could forsee a terrible, fatal accident coming to my 3D...

atistang

Feb 1, 2010
I tried to order one for a customer monday and it didn't show up on our list. Called and it was eol as of the 17th, and the purple was eol as of the 12th

so what happens if my evo3d is unrepairable and i have sprint insurance?

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Sprint still sells the hero lol

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

that is pretty odd and funny

i still have my rooted hero, i actually almost thought about going back to it for a while

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

We must start thinking of good accidents. Break the power button? Volume buttons. ;)

if they let me get the new nexus or evo then i will just spike mine off the ground and pay the $100 lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From an HTC Marketing perspective it doesn't make good business sense to provide ICS for the EVO 3D when they can make $$$ by selling you a new smartphone with ICS. Having said that I sure hope we get ICS on our EVT 3Ds and "marketing strategies" don't prevail.

I'd argue the exact opposite, actually. Aside from us geeks at XDA, the average customer that picked up the EVO 3D doesn't know/care about ICS. Anyone in the US who picked it up on contract for 2 years isn't likely to upgrade to a new phone until next year when their contract is up. The only people they are appeasing with an ICS update are people like us, who are clearly in the minority.

Even if it comes out 6 months from now, the rest of the crowd will just be like "Oh wow, an update. Cool! HTC rocks!" and they will be happy that HTC still supports their phone. The XDA crowd (the ones that don't move on to another phone) will be cursing HTC every day until ICS is released. Some of us will stick with HTC and some will jump ship. That's inevitable.

So pushing out an ICS update will actually go towards keeping the average customer satisfied until their contract expires next year. If they can promote brand loyalty to the average joe, they are more likely to pick up another HTC device next summer.

Of course, this way of thinking doesn't really apply to those outside of the US who aren't locked in to 2 year contracts.
    i swear if the E3D doesn't get ICS I will piss in Dan Hesse's eye!!! Mark my words!!!!!!!!!
    From an HTC Marketing perspective it doesn't make good business sense to provide ICS for the EVO 3D when they can make $$$ by selling you a new smartphone with ICS. Having said that I sure hope we get ICS on our EVT 3Ds and "marketing strategies" don't prevail.

They are required to support a new version of Android within 18 months of release. Basically, every phone gets one update to the next version of Android before EOL. We'll get ICS. Just not sure when. Should be soon. It's just up to Sprint now to get it ready.
    I tried to order one for a customer monday and it didn't show up on our list. Called and it was eol as of the 17th, and the purple was eol as of the 12th
    The HTC Evo 3D is still being sold widely in my country and also still being sold in Germany.

The price off HTC Evo 3D is in my country still around the € 300, in Germany the price is abit lower and there is where I bought mine.

But then again you Americans think you live alone on this world, because its only one American provider you are talking about and that is Sprint.

I also don't get why people are still so stupid to buy there phone with a contract, you are paying that phone double back, at least in my country, because the time when you could score a nice phone with a cheap contract are over.

Why would you come into a thread that is talking about Sprint and the possibility of Sprint's Evo 3d not getting an ICS upgrade?

Is it your European inferiority complex?

But if you want to talk "alone in the world", do you even know how American cell phone contracts work? It would be smart to read up on it especially if you are going to call people stupid.

In this country you have three options if you want the best phones companies have to offer:

1. Pay as you go service. You pay $500 or more for a good phone (still not the best on the market) generally pay less per month, but get really spotty service.

2. Sign a contract with one of the "big guys", pay $200 for the best phone currently available and stick with that company for 2 years (or until you want to pay an early termination fee).

3. Buy a phone off contract for $500+ pay the exact same money a month as option 2, but have the right jump ship when you want to.

There is no savings to be had buying a phone off contract.