[Q] white screen

Search This thread
Jan 1, 2011
Columbus
Hopefully someone can help me. I'm running nils latest ics build and if I change the boot animation it will play the animation but every few frames the screen will go completely white. Sometimes when I'm using the browser it will do it as well. Is this the blue flicker everybody talks about or is it something different?

Jan 1, 2011
Columbus
Well I tried it on my rezound with a cracked screen and it does it too. I even switched roms and it does it so I'm not sure what it is.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA Premium App

Jan 1, 2011
Columbus
Yes I flashed the latest leak. If I rotate from portrait to landscape I can usually get it to stop in the internet browser. As for the boot animation I tried a few and they all do it but if I switch it back to the one the Rom comes with its fine

Jan 1, 2011
Columbus
I have 2 rezounds that do it so I don't think its hardware but I can't figure out why its doing it. The browser does it when I'm on a webpage that's has a lot of white in it. I tried dolphin browser and it does it too.

Jan 1, 2011
Columbus
I can't post in the Rom thread yet but I redownloaded the animations and a few of them don't do it now but it still don't explain the browser whiteout

Jan 1, 2011
Columbus
I think I've narrowed it down to it being some of the animations don't jive well with ics cause they all worked when I was running nils gb rom. I downloaded 10 different ones and some work and some don't.

Jan 1, 2011
Columbus
Yeah I don't understand why they work on gb and not ics unless its kernal related. I'll admit though I know just enough about android to get me into and out of trouble