[CLOSED] [S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF - HTC Vivid, Raider, Velocity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Aus_Azn

Aug 14, 2010
Got mine done on second try with an insulated paperclip.

found the warranty stickers on eB.. for less than 20 bucks for if i need to return .

now we need a return to stock kit.:D

Allegedly, some people had S-Off out of the box.

Also, my ATT Vivid never came with a warranty sticker on the screw. That's probably not good, huh? Though the more pressing matter is that the screw is no longer there courtesy of S-Off.

akafarmer

Apr 1, 2012
Anyway to turn S-OFF to S-ON? gotta send it in for a warranty issue, nothing related to your thread. This ***** overheats when I am running numerous apps...no bueno :(

Jaxellis

Sep 19, 2011
Nevada
Samsung Galaxy S20
Congrats man

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

I got the SD card error and i tried this
*DAMN MY PHONE always lying to me when i think i fix it*
Tried the busybox thing but it said device not found on phone and gave me BS on pc...
Can someone supply me with step by step instructions on how to fix?
*NEVERMIND FIXED!*
repartitions SD card in WCX's recovery rebooted formated SD Card and worked

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Anyway to turn S-OFF to S-ON? gotta send it in for a warranty issue, nothing related to your thread. This ***** overheats when I am running numerous apps...no bueno :(

As long as it doesnt restart due to heat it should be fine... I know what you mean xD I get my phone pretty hot myself ;)

Last edited:

Fuses

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2012
For those of you that have been successful, is it normal that 85-90% of the time when you run ControlBear.exe that you don't even get to the 'Do wire-trick' part? I think I've gotten to that part about 15 times now but apparently my timing just sucks. I'm only gotten the wire-trick twice in a row once. Usually I have to start up ControlBear 10-20 times again before it goes back into wire-trick mode.

This is how I spent the last 15 or so minutes of my life:
Code:
C:\soff2>ControlBear.exe
======== ControlBear version 0.2.1 for JuopunutBear S-OFF ==========
Starting up......
Found backups!
Error message: adb server is out of date.  killing...
ADB server didn't ACK
* failed to start daemon *
error:

No beer for bear tonight :(
Press ENTER to exit.....

Starting up......
Connect device...
Press ENTER to exit.....

Starting up......
Found backups!
* daemon started successfully *
/system/bin/sh: /data/local/J╨♫♥
Press ENTER to exit.....

Starting up......
ADB server didn't ACK
error:
Connect device...
Press ENTER to exit.....

Starting up......
Found backups!
ADB server didn't ACK
error:

Press ENTER to exit.....

Starting up......
Found backups!
ADB server didn't ACK
error:

Press ENTER to exit.....

Starting up......
Found backups!
Error message: /system/bin/sh: /data/local/JuopunutBear: not found

Press ENTER to exit.....

Starting up......
Found backups!
/system/bin/sh: /data/local/J╨♫Ö
Press ENTER to exit.....

Starting up......
Found backups!
/system/bin/sh: /data/local/J╨♫>
Press ENTER to exit.....

Is that normal?

HTC sync is shutting down ControlBear adb connection. Uninstall HTC sync, reboot pc and try again.

Also, download latest ControlBear from http://unlimited.io

rajbsn

Jun 15, 2007
JuopunutBear Screen Bootloop..Please Help!!

I have successfully done the wire trick and the S-OFF is complete. I have also said yes to install the HBOOt at the end it also completed successfully. But after this process the phone stucks on JuopunutBear Screen and goes into boot loop. I can still get in to Recovery by holding the Vol and power button. I'm not sure it's the HBOOT i have flashed or something else. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

** Edit
The bootloop issues was resolved after flashing the boot_backup.img

Last edited:

fredy915

Apr 17, 2011
very cool that we now have S-off , im going to wait for a safer version :) i dont like messing with the inside of my phone , kudos on the work :)

fredy915

Apr 17, 2011
Highly unlikely, this exploit in itself took a lot to figure out. Plus, you're not really messing with the insides of your phone. The Rezound and Amaze have the same pins except they're not underneath a panel.

where are they on the vivid ? I'll give it a head I don't have much to loose then

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

ki11bert

Jul 17, 2011
I have been searching to find put exactly what the wire trick is doing. Can someone explain the operation behind it?
Thanks!
Kill

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

citsong

Feb 11, 2012
Noticed the site now has different HBoots for download. Does this mean you can just download the corresponding hboots instead of having to run all the ruu's to be able to update to ICS or go back to GB? Already running on ICS but just curious and thought I'd ask in case it makes getting ICS up and running a bit easier for others

Aus_Azn

Aug 14, 2010
Noticed the site now has different HBoots for download. Does this mean you can just download the corresponding hboots instead of having to run all the ruu's to be able to update to ICS or go back to GB? Already running on ICS but just curious and thought I'd ask in case it makes getting ICS up and running a bit easier for others

Hm, can anyone extract the stock HBOOTs from the RUU? Might be a good idea to catalog those so that we don't need to download the massive (and slow) RUUs.

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Hm, can anyone extract the stock HBOOTs from the RUU? Might be a good idea to catalog those so that we don't need to download the massive (and slow) RUUs.

The hboots in the RUUs appear to be in .nbo format. I don't know if this would flash packed in a PH39IMG or not . I'm not s-off so can't test. I do have 9/10 of the RUUs downloaded though. If someone can confirm whether or not .nbo will flash in bootloader as a PH39IMG.zip I'll gladly package them

Last edited:

fredy915

Apr 17, 2011
The website explains it all. Check the first post of this thread for the link.

thanks .. one question I just took off the little panel off and the hole where im suppose to put my wire on does not look like the one in the picture , mine is not punctured like that it's flat ...

EDIT: everything worked out ! :) i now have S-off on my vivid :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    <Moderator Edit>: Non-working links removed. Also, primary support must be done on XDA if you're going to post an XDA Development thread. @Fuses, Report this OP if you want us to unlock the thread so that you can fix it.

Instructions and Downloads:

Support:

We DO NOT provide support, instructions, or downloads via XDA. Please see our website:

Using how-to guides, "kits" and using other instructions on XDA to S-OFF your device is not recommended and will not be supported by Team Unlimited. If you want the best experience and results - go direct to the source. Dealing with support issues through the forums is inefficient and posts may get lost in long support threads, of which we would have too many to actively monitor. We have therefore decided that all support should be through our IRC channel. This will allow us to help you in real-time and through the whole process.

**You may not redistribute nor link directly to any of our tools without the expressed consent of Team Unlimited. We DO NOT authorize any dev use of our tools within other kits or tools.**
    MOD EDIT (04/01/12):

I am opening this thread for the OP. Please keep this thread clean & free of posts that are not relevant so that the developers & contributors can easily reference find the information they need. Irrelevant posts will be deleted or otherwise dealt with.

To say thanks, use the thanks button. For all other issues or matters, please comply with the OP's direction or requests.

Guys/Gals, I am locking this thread for now.

I know everyone is excited & I know the developer appreciates all the thanks & congrats, but let's please keep the thread clean & hold the questions till the information/download are published.

Please contact me or the moderator team for each respective forum, when you are ready to release.

Is that is you Dane?
    I would just like to reconfirm what was said in the previous post. Please avoid speculating and commenting if at all possible. We will update the first post with progress and/or calls for testers as required. But I will state a couple of things up front.

• Don't ask for an ETA, we will release when we are happy it is ready (and safe)
    • Dont ask for the method or code, we will not release that until HTC blocks the exploit.
    • Don't if it is your intention to donate, do not do so before release.
    • Don't PM us asking for additional progress/status or information we will keep the threads updated with what information we are willing to release.
    It works on all 8660 chipsets I believe..they figured out some kinda exploit to acheive true s-off..and now everyone (myself included) is like..tweaked waiting for them to release it to us to play with. Patience..it will come. Ours is not to question timeframes or ETAs. Just be grateful, and be happy someone took the time to figure it out.

Sent from my HTC Raider X710e using xda premium
    Come on guys! Go chat elsewhere

I created a thread in general for any s-off discussion. We should respect the devs request to leave this thread clear of chatter.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1603483