[Q] Ram Usage

Search This thread

sareen

Jul 19, 2010
Hi guys I currently have the S3 and going to upgrade to the S5. However, I played with my friends new S5 and he hasn't got any real power hungry apps installed and i find it had to believe that when the phone is in idle mode it is using 1.4GB of RAM with "no tasks running". Is it just his phone or does everyone have the same issue? Also his phone makes a creaking noise when squeezed is this also a common issue? thanks in advance. I'm considering either buying this phone or m8 or wait for a month and see whether the s5 Prime rumors are true and get that.

jopat

May 25, 2014
4599684 3359

Android keeps the recent apps in its memory so that they will be accessed faster next time. Android tries to learn which apps you are frequently using. But the bulk of the memory usage of S5 is from Samsung's pre-installed apps. The good thing with S5 is you can set majority of the apps to hibernate or to totally disable or uninstall them.

sareen

Jul 19, 2010
so if use a nova launchers for example does that mean touchwiz will not take up that much ram as its not being used? is it easy to disable app? cause i thought the only way to disable pre loaded apps was through rooting the phone, which i personal wouldn't do as im scared of bricking a brand new phone put i dont see the benefit in doing so,