[Q] Trouble after flashing ARHD 8.1

Search This thread

snacksz23

Jul 7, 2014
Hey, I have been flashing stock kernel ROMs on my new HTC One M8 without any trouble, except for when I want to run ARHD 8.1

I am on 4.4.2, fully rooted and S-Off, and the flash and AROMA installation breezes through no problem.. the phone goes black for a while then comes back on in TWRP .... from there i reboot, and when it brings me to the Android setup screen i cannot continue due to persistent error messages stating that "Unfortunately com.systemui has stopped" .. another process or two also stop and persist via error dialog (SmartcardService i believe is one, i can double check if i really need to).

I am forced to 'adb reboot recovery' through command prompt and restore my nandroid backup.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you.. :cyclops::good:

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
Hey, I have been flashing stock kernel ROMs on my new HTC One M8 without any trouble, except for when I want to run ARHD 8.1

I am on 4.4.2, fully rooted and S-Off, and the flash and AROMA installation breezes through no problem.. the phone goes black for a while then comes back on in TWRP .... from there i reboot, and when it brings me to the Android setup screen i cannot continue due to persistent error messages stating that "Unfortunately com.systemui has stopped" .. another process or two also stop and persist via error dialog (SmartcardService i believe is one, i can double check if i really need to).

I am forced to 'adb reboot recovery' through command prompt and restore my nandroid backup.

When I flashed that. I had same problem 1st time. Then I tried again with wiping in recovery an not using the wipe option in aroma an everything went fine. Just idea as it was the only thing I did different an it booted fine.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: snacksz23

snacksz23

Jul 7, 2014
When I flashed that. I had same problem 1st time. Then I tried again with wiping in recovery an not using the wipe option in aroma an everything went fine. Just idea as it was the only thing I did different an it booted fine.

Thanks for the input that's definitely worth a try

mooch49

Sep 17, 2013

I am having the same exact problems. Errors keep popping up after the install. Tried wiping in recovery instead of aroma still didn't work. I'm on firmware 1.55.605.2. Very perplexed. Could be that the firmware needs to be downgraded to match the firmware of the rom. For Verizon, their last firmware update was what i said above. This particular rom is based off firmware 1.54.401.10. Not sure if this has something to do with it, but would love to find a solution as I really want to try out this rom.

Reactions: snacksz23

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
I am having the same exact problems. Errors keep popping up after the install. Tried wiping in recovery instead of aroma still didn't work. I'm on firmware 1.55.605.2. Very perplexed. Could be that the firmware needs to be downgraded to match the firmware of the rom. For Verizon, their last firmware update was what i said above. This particular rom is based off firmware 1.54.401.10. Not sure if this has something to do with it, but would love to find a solution as I really want to try out this rom.

That don't matter bout ROM. Another idea what recovery r you using ? Did you verify md5?

mooch49

Sep 17, 2013
That don't matter bout ROM. Another idea what recovery r you using ? Did you verify md5?

I'm using TWRP at the moment. I also used phillz. But keep getting those popping errors after install. Tried wiping in recovery instead of in aroma, still don't work. I've flashed other roms successfully, but this one is not cooperating.

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
I'm using TWRP at the moment. I also used phillz. But keep getting those popping errors after install. Tried wiping in recovery instead of in aroma, still don't work. I've flashed other roms successfully, but this one is not cooperating.

I understand its only this ROM you r having issues with. It didn't with me either. Do u know your version of t.w.r.p ? I'm asking cause I was on the new official one an couldn't flash arhd so I tried 2.7.0.2 an it worked.

mooch49

Sep 17, 2013
I understand its only this ROM you r having issues with. It didn't with me either. Do u know your version of t.w.r.p ? I'm asking cause I was on the new official one an couldn't flash arhd so I tried 2.7.0.2 an it worked.

2.7.1.0, the latest one I believe. I'll try the one you suggest.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Nope, same result

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Nope, same result

I'm going to try downloading the rom on my computer and then doing an md5 checksum. Could be that the one I downloaded onto my phone is corrupt.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Nope, same result

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

I'm going to try downloading the rom on my computer and then doing an md5 checksum. Could be that the one I downloaded onto my phone is corrupt.

Okay got it to work. I did two things. Not sure which one made it work. But I re-downloaded the rom and did a checksum then copied it to my sd card. I also installed phillz recovery. I am having one problem with the rom though. The gps is not locking in. I looked around in the forum but couldn't find a fix.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.